Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

A 25 year old modern utility who can play anywhere on the ground and do at worst a decent job. Also, I think you're underrating his forward play - is craftier than Hogan, can run all day, take a contested grab, at worst seems to break even in contests, barely misses a set shot, chases and tackles and has at least 5 years left at the top level. I can absolutely see a there and thereabouts club throwing in the region of that $1M mark at him to try to entice him to leave Melbourne. A club with a decent list would definitely view him as a "final piece of the puzzle" player.
He’s a much safer gamble than a Boyd, Schache, Patton type. I reckon he will get, at a minimum, $750k a year. He’s been in our best handful of players for the last few years, even before he reinvented himself as a gun forward. He’s the prototype athletic, super fit, footballer. And he’s hugely dedicated and professional. In terms of taking a gamble on someone, if you’re an oppo club he’s the safest of safe bets.

A 25 year old modern utility who can play anywhere on the ground and do at worst a decent job. Also, I think you're underrating his forward play - is craftier than Hogan, can run all day, take a contested grab, at worst seems to break even in contests, barely misses a set shot, chases and tackles and has at least 5 years left at the top level. I can absolutely see a there and thereabouts club throwing in the region of that $1M mark at him to try to entice him to leave Melbourne. A club with a decent list would definitely view him as a "final piece of the puzzle" player.
Yeah if Hawthorn would throw $600k at Chip after two flags a bottom team would definitely throw ~$1M at TMac. I expect St Kilda and Collingwood to have a ping.

Well those few days where I was optimistic about our season were certainly a nice change. Oh well, back to the endless pangs of despair.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omac's kicking has really improved over preseason and he is now really confident of hitting those risky 45 degree 20-40m passes.

I don't really notice his kicking which is a good thing. Generally takes the first open option.

I think Oscar has become a great kick. He’s having to execute most if not all his kicks within 30m of the opposition’s goal. Any mistake generally leads to a shot on goal. It’s the hardest part of the ground to kick in too because there is less room so there’s not often wide open options. He’s become a safe kick but also capable of being creative and opening the play up with kicks that have to be spot on.

Omac's kicking has really improved over preseason and he is now really confident of hitting those risky 45 degree 20-40m passes.
I'd argue that he's stopped attempting the super risky ones, and is now good/confident enough to pull off most others.

I'd argue that he's stopped attempting the super risky ones, and is now good/confident enough to pull off most others.
Yeah, I agree. His kicking/decision making is everything we were screaming for TMac’s to be for years. He’s a tidy kick, but most importantly, he knows what he can and can’t do, and doesn’t try to thread the eye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back