Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Frawley had an AA selection to lean on and played forward in his last year.
Omac was being selected in front of Lynden Dunn who has just been rated the second best 1 on 1 defender in the comp behind McGovern and infront of Rance
On another note Rance is severely overrated as a one-on-one defender. He is quick and athletic but he has struggled a few times against big, marking tall forwards. Eg he might have been able to stop NRoo in his prime but Jonathan Brown would eat him for breakfast

We all know what Tmac has done up forward lately, but omacs rappid inprovment has been huge for us

Am I the person who thinks in 2 years he will better FB than Tommy Mac. Give Omac time to develop his body in the gym, hell turn into a monster

How good is the Tmac's technique? I never and I mean NEVER thought I would say this but when he has a set shot I am always confident that 6 points are coming our way.

How good is the Tmac's technique? I never and I mean NEVER thought I would say this but when he has a set shot I am always confident that 6 points are coming our way.

He holds the footy very close to his foot and runs in a straight line. It's uncomplicated and doesn't fall apart. Alot of his kicking issues in defence were depth but that's not a problem with the goals

He holds the footy very close to his foot and runs in a straight line. It's uncomplicated and doesn't fall apart. Alot of his kicking issues in defence were depth but that's not a problem with the goals

When his only option is to kick the goal then he is a good kick. A lot of his issues in the backline where bad choices as opposed to bad kicking

Is he laconic or just one of those blokes who look laconic but they're actually busting their guts? *See Watts, J.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watts doesn't look laconic anymore though. We he gets it he accelerates away from players where as he used to get tackled all the time.

Watts doesn't look laconic anymore though. We he gets it he accelerates away from players where as he used to get tackled all the time.

Yeah you're right. The past 18 months or so Jack has been much better with his intensity. Early on though he was the definition of laconic, and I reckon he was still trying his guts out. Some people just look like they're cruising when they're actually giving it their all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tmac didn't miss a beat down back today, he was confident with his kicking.

Omacs ability to zone off and intercept with a mark or first was first rate. Made some nice switch kicks into the centre of the ground.

Think TMac is a 40-goal a season FF. Would be bringing back Frost ASAP and moving him forward.

OMac excellent again. I was so wrong about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The progress OMac has shown this season has been phenomenal. A lot of supporters on here eating humble pie I reckon. Was great again today..

What game were you watching?

Did some very good, did some very bad from my seat.

The progress OMac has shown this season has been phenomenal. A lot of supporters on here eating humble pie I reckon. Was great again today..
You can only call it as you see it. But he has been fantastic since the game against Collingwood. Confidence was obviously the main thing keeping him down. He tends to back himself now & makes the correct decisions more often than not.

I noticed OMac got a massive cheer when he came off looking injured. And not a joke cheer, a genuine cheer.

His kicking still scares me to death... but two more seasons, including the pre-seasons for strength, he'll be real good.

I was at the game. Besides maybe one kick maybe two that wasn't ideal, I thought he was super. His defensive punching has been a treat and was important today. He reads the play really well, and you can see it at the ground how he positions himself based on his reading of the play. He's hitting the packs, taking some good strong marks, punching when needed and I feel his kicking has improved. How can you possibly say he played badly today??? Kept a dangerous Bruce to just 1 goal as well..

I reckon the good outweighed the bad by a margin. Killed Membrey on the lead and his disposal was good about 90% of the time.

OMac was great. The only poor things I remember were:

- At one point got his wires crossed and didn't contest for a mark when he needed to
- Had one poor turnover kick (I think in the 3rd?)

Otherwise he was spoiling everything and also put his body on the line to sit under the ball multiple times.

OMac was great. The only poor things I remember were:

- At one point got his wires crossed and didn't contest for a mark when he needed to
- Had one poor turnover kick (I think in the 3rd?)

Otherwise he was spoiling everything and also put his body on the line to sit under the ball multiple times.

There was more - but I don't care enough to go into the detail as I still think he's a good long term player.

His kicking is no worse than anybody else in the team, but the problem is playing in the backline your turnovers are amplified. I reckon there were 2 poor kicks. I'm pretty sure he did a kick out that may of ended up in a goal. I think there may of been one more. He reads the ball really well and read the flight better than his opponent multiple times. Also worked hard to get on the goal line and saved a certain goal.

I was at the game. Besides maybe one kick maybe two that wasn't ideal, I thought he was super. His defensive punching has been a treat and was important today. He reads the play really well, and you can see it at the ground how he positions himself based on his reading of the play. He's hitting the packs, taking some good strong marks, punching when needed and I feel his kicking has improved. How can you possibly say he played badly today??? Kept a dangerous Bruce to just 1 goal as well..

So was I....

His kicking is great.

His ground level work is poor and he had a couple of lapses in the air at critical moments.

As I said, there was some very good and very bad - he played well but still had some poor moments.

So was I....

His kicking is great.

His ground level work is poor and he had a couple of lapses in the air at critical moments.

As I said, there was some very good and very bad - he played well but still had some poor moments.
Hmm. Tbh, he's a third year KPD who is holding our backline together. I think he's doing an unbelievable job. Look at Weid who is one year behind and looks totally lost. Really like OMac and the improvement he's shown this year. Of course some of the better forwards in the comp will get a hold of him sometimes, but he's only going to get bigger and better. I'm a big fan..

Hmm. Tbh, he's a third year KPD who is holding our backline together. I think he's doing an unbelievable job. Look at Weid who is one year behind and looks totally lost. Really like OMac and the improvement he's shown this year. Of course some of the better forwards in the comp will get a hold of him sometimes, but he's only going to get bigger and better. I'm a big fan..

So am I mate.

Although, I think it's easier to play key back than key forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back