McDougall progress report

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
A question on 'Cometti Live' last night was asking Woosha about how Andrew McDougall was going.

Woosha said that McDougall had impressed in the first intra-club scratch match before getting injured later on in training. He's currently out for another 1-2 weeks but if his development continues he should push for selection in the senior side during the later stages of the year. He can be used as a key postion forward (center half forward), backman (center half back) and is also very handy in the ruck.

Just wanted to pass on the promising news of our #5 draft pick from 2000.

Plus he's added 6-7kg of muscle to his skinny frame over the summer. Lacks commitment? I don't think so.

Kicked three goals in thirty minute (opposed to Ashley McIntosh) in the first intra club match of the year.

Saw him live at two WAFL matches last year and was amazed at his speed and agility. This bloke makes Michael Gardiner look like Paul Salmon.

He can play. Just needs to overcome injury problems.

And Sabre, how many games did J'Lo play in his first year?

Originally posted by TheRealBuzz
Plus he's added 6-7kg of muscle to his skinny frame over the summer. Lacks commitment? I don't think so.

Kicked three goals in thirty minute (opposed to Ashley McIntosh) in the first intra club match of the year.

Saw him live at two WAFL matches last year and was amazed at his speed and agility. This bloke makes Michael Gardiner look like Paul Salmon.

He can play. Just needs to overcome injury problems.

And Sabre, how many games did J'Lo play in his first year?

1 game big fella
Then about 10 next season.

Originally posted by TheRealBuzz
So if we look their careers comparatively, J'Lo is one match in front.

Wow. You're right Sabre, McDougall is a dud.

Jlo didnt struggle to get a game in the WAFL.
And get back to me when McDougall makes his debut as I cant see it happening this season.

What are you talking about?
The only reason he didn't play a lot of footy in the WAFL last year was due to injury.

And if you can't see Andrew making his debut this year, then it probably means he will.
I mean you weren't exactly forecasting a West Coast win in the lead up to Sunday's match. :p

Perhaps fortune telling isn't your best strength?

Love the sig Buzz

Two Favourite Derby Moments:

1) Two minutes into the match, Leigh Brown tries to tackle Jakovich. Glen looks at Brown in disgust, then very casually brushes him away like a pesky little mosquito.

2) Five minutes into the match, Paul Haselby stands in Jako's way, ready to lay a tackle. Jako's solution? Run straight through the bugger.

God bless you Glen Jakovich.

Speaking of McDougall, Sabre has no idea what he's talking about. Andrew was always a long term prospect since his body wasn't mature. He was the #1 WA player drafted in 2000, was the 3rd best bigman behind Reiwoldt and Kosczitzke (who were exceptionally good), and if he was victorian would have probably gone at #3 overall. He was also AA in the under-18s, won the MVP in the u-18 Irish rules series (Ron Barassi medal, isn't it?), and of the handful of games he did play in the WAFL last year most people were full of praise of him.
A dud? Me thinks not

Jako

Buzz - Love your favourite Derby Moments.
Have watched the replay twice already - and keep rewinding the vision of Jako's brush off of the Fat Boy Brown - the new Dockers enforcer !! Or so those delusional creatures who frequent Dockerland believe.

Ah yes, I too replayed the incident over and over again.

Meanwhile my best mate (a Docker supporter) sits on the other side of the room plotting how he's going to kill me.

There's nothing better than the week after a derby win. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved the second one personally. Jako in traffic and he knows the only way out is right through Haselby. To Haselby's credit he seemed to know that he was coming and did all he could to stop him but Jako just ran over him like he was a small marsupial :D

Loved it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back