News MCG and Docklands - Crowds up to 50% - now 75%

Remove this Banner Ad

So you can’t enter without scanning in via QR code this weekend. This will work really well!
Both grounds state in thier covid safe plan that the ticketing supports contact tracing. Why do we have to check in with a QR code when scanning our ticket does the same thing? Does it mean the AFL were talking bull?

Last edited:

LOL my phone is private property Stuart, your gate marshals are not allowed to view my phone. So if they ask all i have to say is yes i have checked in even though i haven't plus my phone doesn't do apps, your an idiot Stuart.

The MCG is also private property. he doesnt have to let you in.

Is checking in really that hard? If you’ve got a phone made in the last 10 years all you need to do is hold your camera up to the code.

If that’s the biggest issue people face they need a reality check

LOL my phone is private property Stuart, your gate marshals are not allowed to view my phone. So if they ask all i have to say is yes i have checked in even though i haven't plus my phone doesn't do apps, your an idiot Stuart.
Don’t you have to scan a QR code everywhere?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is checking in really that hard? If you’ve got a phone made in the last 10 years all you need to do is hold your camera up to the code.

If that’s the biggest issue people face they need a reality check
Not sure if you’ve been to a pub, bar etc lately but there is constantly a person who has some sort of issue scanning and filling in details. Magnify that by 50k+ and throw in a heap of older people and it will be a nightmare.

Are we forgetting how problematic extra bag checking and the security wand has made getting into big games the last few years?

A screenshot of the ticket works fine, which is why the check-in QR code is needed.
Most of the MCC members will be using pen and paper. They have to accommodate those who don't have smartphones nor have internet on their phones like me, even ticketek acknowledge this which is why they say you can print your tickets.

Jeez... these people.
hypothetical... imagine it turns out there’s been *gasp* a covid positive person at the ground. What are they going to do? How are they going to contact trace 75,000 people, alongside the 400,000 others those 75,000 have interacted with over the weekend?
It’s pretty obvious what they’ll do.. they’ll panic and lock everyone in their houses.
We are living in truly stupid times.

So you can’t enter without scanning in via QR code this weekend. This will work really well!

Can someone go early and post photos of q codes Facebook? Beggars believe that you do QR code’s when you have a seat linked to your name?

When will the world stop getting progressively stupider

Last edited:
Jeez... these people.
hypothetical... imagine it turns out there’s been *gasp* a covid positive person at the ground. What are they going to do? How are they going to contact trace 75,000 people, alongside the 400,000 others those 75,000 have interacted with over the weekend?
It’s pretty obvious what they’ll do.. they’ll panic and lock everyone in their houses.
We are living in truly stupid times.

That would happen anyway if there was a positive.

Send people home at 3/4 time.. down the rabbit hole

So the QR code is so the crowds can go to 75k. So what if it’s a 22k crowd? Surely the codes should be on the bays?
Stuart Fox said you can check in via someone else's phone when he was asked by GW in regards to those who don't have smartphones or phones at all.

ie: stroll up to the gate and say that this is what you did and in you go LOL, so many loopholes it's hardly worth the effort TBH.

I don't get this all tickets are pre-booked the venue would have access to the tickets holder details, know when you scanned in and where you're seated and it wouldn't be difficult to trace anybody else who's tickets is under the ticket holders name.
Just seems like another useless level of bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake.

I don't get this all tickets are pre-booked the venue would have access to the tickets holder details, know when you scanned in and where you're seated and it wouldn't be difficult to trace anybody else who's tickets is under the ticket holders name.
Just seems like another useless level of bureaucracy for bureaucracy sake.
What's to stop someone putting fake details in the app?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back