MCG Car Park no longer available for major events

Remove this Banner Ad

It’ll be banned for all games soon. It’s not about terrorism, it’s the greenies crying that there’s cars in their “park” that they never use.

Trouble with that theory is that in this respect at least, it's the MCC's park.

They have the management rights over it, largely so they can use it as a source of revenue from using it as a car park.

Banning cars from parking there would presumably require a considerable amount of compensation. (I wouldn't be shocked if there was some payout for these 6 games).

Gee just park at the tennis courts next to the g

Ive used that one a bit when we know the g carpark is closed

For mid sized games its not too bad, for big ones, forget it (fwiw we normally get to the game 1hr+ before game)

You can book mid week

I know, but that doesnt mean any more people can get in. Just means it will tap out with pre book

Reality is most will need to park on flinders street and walk in

There's a cab rank a stone's throw from the stadium. There's also buses that run down SGT constantly (many unpopulated, and they should receive priority seating) that deliver you to the door. People may have to change habits, but there are options.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

You replied to the wrong comment.

You replied to the wrong comment.

I thought you had meant to reply to a comment where a suggestion to try public transport would be helpful. Also, conditions like heart failure, COPD etc are not conventionally referred to as a "habit."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back