MCG Grass Installed at GABBA

Neale4brownlow

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It'll be interesting to see what they do during the coverage on this topic.

They must know by now it was a dumb decision and is not generating good PR.

But I'd almost guarantee they've got a 3minute montage clip together already for this about Covid/MCG being empty/ and the heroic task of cutting out this piece of hallowed ground and the journey it went on to get to the Gabba.

Someone in AFL headquarters is flipping a coin right now whether they omit it from the telecast to avoid the backlash, or just double down and show it.

On one hand, to ignore what's been done is to concede they're a pack of absolute overpaid morons.

But to double down and praise it during the telecast will do the same thing.

Aug 15, 2015
The cockeyed lowlife of the (Southern) Highlands
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It'll be interesting to see what they do during the coverage on this topic.

They must know by now it was a dumb decision and is not generating good PR.

But I'd almost guarantee they've got a 3minute montage clip together already for this about Covid/MCG being empty/ and the heroic task of cutting out this piece of hallowed ground and the journey it went on to get to the Gabba.

Someone in AFL headquarters is flipping a coin right now whether they omit it from the telecast to avoid the backlash, or just double down and show it.

On one hand, to ignore what's been done is to concede they're a pack of absolute overpaid morons.

But to double down and praise it during the telecast will do the same thing.

It's channel seven, they don't back away from horrible cringeworthy s**t, they embrace it. See: Bruce leering lecherously over the players shoulders, inches from their faces at the Brownlow, every damn year

Yep, and what do you think the curators at the Gabba would say if the AFL said rip up the pitch?

I could say it here, but i think i would be banned.
The gabba groundsman didn't even want to paint the coles logo in the centre.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Yep, and what do you think the curators at the Gabba would say if the AFL said rip up the pitch?

I could say it here, but i think i would be banned.
Well they said yes to rebel/afl for outside boundary line rip up.so i have no idea what your point is now

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Rebel and the Gabba have had this in the pipeline for ages, it's advertisement, the AFL aren't paying a cent.

The Gabba curators don't need AFL approval to look after their oval.
I never said the AFL paid. I was saying they would have had to sign off on it. I mean Rebel would probably want the piece of turf to say Rebel on it too and cant just do that.

Anyway. Hopefully noone does an ACL

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Wisest use of the league's funds and resources since they paid that Meatloaf gastropod $500k.

Interesting related story to Mr Loaf's tragic performance (from a mate who was involved in GF entertainment back then) was that during sound check/rehearsal on the Friday, after it became obvious Mr Loaf was struggling to produce anything that sounded in tune, he was thereafter offered a full lip-sync production, which despite encouragement from the rest of his band he vehemently refused..!
As my mate said at the time they could of pulled any punter from the crowd to sing 'row-row-row your boat' as at least it would of been entertaining...

Last edited:

Collingwood 4 eternity

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

this is now a cringe thread.

2016 Gayle to Mel McLaughlin “ Don’t blush baby”

B12-F1-E5-F-60-AE-46-FA-8-BEA-83208-EC20600.png

2020 Gale to Mel McGrass “Don’t blush baby , would you like a Goldy kebab”

9-FF320-A2-7003-4512-A5-B1-6-BCBBFB4-ADE0.png

AwwThatsApples

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
HFL
At least it's only on the boundary line and not on the field because it's unlikely that Victorian soil would hold well in Queensland conditions. Hopefully, it will be noticeable on broadcast and based on the conditions we should have a nice big puddle casually placed over the boundary.

Delicious - Imgflip

Back