MCG tenants on Grand Final day

Remove this Banner Ad

Here’s some facts for you

Read the article, involving people who deal with facts for a living. Also take into consideration that vic clubs have recieved more free kicks in grand finals consistently for nearly two decades

Then go suck a fat one

This is the first line from that article

"Ever since the AFL evolved from a suburban Melbourne league to a national sporting behemoth"

I agree it is an advantage, some don't. I also agree that non vic teams get 10 true home advantage games that G or marvel tenants don't. Some don't.

In any case advantages / disadvantages are irrelevant because the league is still that same vic comp - it's just evolved.

So how do we make the comp an undisputed fair and equitable comp? You can't. Why? Why is it we have still 10 vic teams? - the bulk of the teams and seems to be the driver in the inequities.

Because the overwhelming bulk of the market is still in vic. Until such time HQ can drag more $ from the fans outside vic than vic itself then it is what it is.

So do you walk or whinge? I imagine if EVERY non vic walked there'd still be a very healthy VFL......... the same league that evolved to a name change with extra clubs and all non vic fans can be content with a much more high profile WAFL and SANFL. < I wouldn't mind this at all.

If anything, you’ve alerted everyone of the inequity of the competition ..... this is groundbreaking!!

The AFL need to even the statistical anomaly whereby interstate teams are superior to MCG tenants in GF’s.

We ALL now hope the AFL correct this anomaly ..... this could include Melbourne based teams receiving priority draft picks and additional cap space. The increased cap space could be called (cost of living away) ..... it’s just a suggestion!!

Highlighted in red - grand final won by mcg tenant (play five games or more at the mcg every year)
Highlighted in yellow non mcg tenant defeats mcg tenant.

B531BE6A-F5DD-4C29-9B0D-88FA32F170DB.jpeg 23544884-F43E-449F-873A-33F60090D819.jpeg

Oooops shouldnt have highlighted adelaide in 1998 - north arent a tenant....

Do you think the pies were favourites in 2018 because the game was played at the MCG? If yes why? If there is no advantage at all and the Pies had lost their last 3 against the Eagles I think at that time surely the Eagles should of been $1.20 favourites and no one outside of Pies supporters would of given you a hope in hell. Yet that wasn’t the case at all.

This was my view last year (I believe you read it)

Highlighted in red - grand final won by mcg tenant (play five games or more at the mcg every year)

In 1998 North played more home games at the G than Collingwood did in 2018!!

In 2007 Geelong played 2 H&A games at the MCG, Port played 3!!

Keep the dribble coming!

North played heaps at the G in the 90s, well over 5, so would count as a tenant under your rules in both 1998 loss and 1996 win.
If you're counting Geelong as a tenant in 2007 and 2009 then you need to count them back in the 90s when they also played a lot at the G.
I checked, in 92 and 94 they had at least 5 at the G so there's 2 more losses for the G tenant against a non tenant.
Also in 1989 they had 6 so you can count that as another loss for a G tenant against a non tenant (Hawks only played 1 game there).
1988 is another loss to the G tenant too.

Not going to argue with you as it’s a no win for both of us, but the Pies were favourites because the game was at the MCG.
anyway love your contributions so keep it going.
It was part of the reason, but bigger factor was the performance in the PF...slaughtered the hot favourite!!

Poor Tigers didn’t get any HGA in a final that they ‘earned’ :rolleyes:

North played heaps at the G in the 90s, well over 5, so would count as a tenant under your rules in both 1998 loss and 1996 win.
If you're counting Geelong as a tenant in 2007 and 2009 then you need to count them back in the 90s when they also played a lot at the G.
I checked, in 92 and 94 they had at least 5 at the G so there's 2 more losses for the G tenant against a non tenant.
Also in 1989 they had 6 so you can count that as another loss for a G tenant against a non tenant (Hawks only played 1 game there).
Yep, Bloke can’t even get his facts straight.

Because they have wembley stadium thats dedicated as a neutral venue - it does internationals and big finals

Teams dont have wembley as a home ground

Nice self own there bud

Whats your next trick? Get a laugh out of everyone by climbing a table and pi**ing all over yourself?

But it's in London. Hardly fair don’t you think ? Arsenal has won the most FA cups mmm get on to it Kranky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles played 5 games on the mcg in 1992 vs geelongs 9

Eagles played 6 games on the mcg in 1994 vs geelongs 7 - eagles only played 7 games at subi that year.

Bzzzzzzt

But it's in London. Hardly fair don’t you think ? Arsenal has won the most FA cups mmm get on to it Kranky.
You just got comprehensively self owned.

Wembley is as close to a neutral venue as a venue can be

You held it up as an example not realising this.

You sir, have been hoist atop your own petard.

i travel nearly as far as the longest trip in uk soccer just to watch the eagles play regular season games.

Eagles played 5 games on the mcg in 1992 vs geelongs 9

Eagles played 6 games on the mcg in 1994 vs geelongs 7 - eagles only played 7 games at subi that year.

Bzzzzzzt
Lol you're claiming the Eagles were an MCG tenant now?

You're counting the GF in that 1992 total, before that it was 4 (3 h&a + semi). So under your own rules of 5 is a tenant then bzzzzzzzttttt, the non tenant won.
If you're counting finals then Eagles were a Waverley tenant in 1991 with 5 games not counting the GF - bzzzzzt - so you can cross that off your list of tenants beating non tenants too or are you going to keep making up different rules until it supports your theory?

Lol you're claiming the Eagles were an MCG tenant now?

You're counting the GF in that 1992 total, before that it was 4 (3 h&a + semi). So under your own rules of 5 is a tenant then bzzzzzzzttttt, the non tenant won.
If you're counting finals then Eagles were a Waverley tenant in 1991 with 5 games not counting the GF - bzzzzzt - so you can cross that off your list of tenants beating non tenants too or are you going to keep making up different rules until it supports your theory?
Between 1992 and 1994 the eagles played 14 games at the mcg

compare it to 2015 and the 2 games we played at the mcg (including the gf)
2014 2 games
2013 2 games

And yes 14 games is a luxury.

In 2015 there was a bunch of guys hadnt played a single game on the mcg.

Between 1992 and 1994 the eagles played 14 games at the mcg

compare it to 2015 and the 2 games we played at the mcg (including the gf)
2014 2 games
2013 2 games

And yes 14 games is a luxury.

In 2015 there was a bunch of guys hadnt played a single game on the mcg.

Do you agree with this analogy? If AFL was a game of cards, then WCE arent playing with a full deck.

You just got comprehensively self owned.

Wembley is as close to a neutral venue as a venue can be

You held it up as an example not realising this.

You sir, have been hoist atop your own petard.

i travel nearly as far as the longest trip in uk soccer just to watch the eagles play regular season games.

Yes but if I was a northern club I would be still be able to sook like a Western Australian

View attachment 766591

So called afl sell their gf to victoria for a bunch of stuff for victorians

Nrl sell their gf for money for the league as a whole

Wow great news for Sydney rugby fans. Their GF is locked in until 2046.
And the government only had to cough up $10M to compensate the NRL for having 2 GFs at the shitty SCG with it's nearly 40k less capacity.

Wow great news for Sydney rugby fans. Their GF is locked in until 2046.
And the government only had to cough up $10M to compensate the NRL for having 2 GFs at the shitty SCG with it's nearly 40k less capacity.
2 parochial cities.

Then you have the rest of the sporting world.....

I've never said any different - ever. That would mean you'd agree that non Melbourne teams have more HGA games than G tenants.
Get more games with hga, face more games traveling around confronting it, yep. It’s not all one way traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back