MCG tenants on Grand Final day

Remove this Banner Ad

You keep saying this

over and over

Yet when its pointed out to you that your team gets an even greater leg up playing geelong at the mcg rather than kardinia like interstaters do you just ignore it. You just completely ignore it and then post the same post again.

im posting this one more - if you dont actually make an attempt to address this whether you acknowledge it or argue the point - you are getting blocked as a troll:

We get fuquin melbourne as the game we supposedly get a leg up from.

a team generally regarded as the deadbeats of the comp for the last how ever many years......Bar one.... a game that at the beginning of the season you pencil in as a win regardless of where its played - here, there - up the kyber pass with the taliban watching.....

mind you we still have to fly to meet them - where as you get geelong - away from their stronghold - and you dont even have to fly....
That is this entire thread!!!

We played s**t against them - and as it was an away game we took something from that - that seems to escape you chaps
What? That Richmond could beat Brisbane in Brisbane and West Coast couldn't?
And somehow that proves how unfair it all is for West Coast and why they're entitled to even more leg ups and unsporting advantages than they already get (which is second only to Geelong)?
I seriously don't think some of you Eagles supporters'll be happy until the AFL has turned West Coast into the Globe Trotters, where they can't possibly lose and the result is completely predetermined.

Why is it that supporters of the clubs given the most advantages by the AFL are the biggest whingers? My theory is that by pandering to them and giving in to their demands, it hasn't made them happy, it's just reinforced their feelings of entitlement, which is now pretty much insatiable. No matter what you give them, all that will result is even more whinging. Like spoilt, indulged, children.

I have always really liked west coast. But some of the fans are really starting to make me second guess that.

Holy * I don't think Geelong fans sook this much ever. I get you don't like it and I get certain things aren't fair, but ******* hell, take it up with the AFL.

If it is SUCH a problem then stop arguing with dickheads on BigFooty and write to your club, your president and the AFL. Because guess what, we can't do a ******* thing to appease you whingers and youre probably only going to get arguments.

Seriously. A club as good as WC and all you can *en do is complain. Pull your heads in or risk being permanently labeled as the new handbaggers.

What? That Richmond could beat Brisbane in Brisbane and West Coast couldn't?
And somehow that proves how unfair it all is for West Coast and why they're entitled to even more leg ups and unsporting advantages than they already get (which is second only to Geelong)?
I seriously don't think some of you Eagles supporters'll be happy until the AFL has turned West Coast into the Globe Trotters, where they can't possibly lose and the result is completely predetermined.

Why is it that supporters of the clubs given the most advantages by the AFL are the biggest whingers? My theory is that by pandering to them and giving in to their demands, it hasn't made them happy, it's just reinforced their feelings of entitlement, which is now pretty much insatiable. No matter what you give them, all that will result is even more whinging. Like spoilt, indulged, children.

You don't know your AFL history.

West Coast has been the most disadvantaged team in AFL history since its entry to the competition.

It's a tribute to the clubs resilience that we have 4 Premierships in the AFL era.

Through adversity comes strength :)

You don't know your AFL history.

West Coast has been the most disadvantaged team in AFL history since its entry to the competition.

It's a tribute to the clubs resilience that we have 4 Premierships in the AFL era.

Through adversity comes strength :)

Also a tribute to the strength of the drugs in the west. Most disadvantaged team??? The league basically turned a blind eye to your horrendous culture for years. If they’d done some proper drug testing, that’s at least 1 flag goodbye. But keep potting the league that let you sweep it under the carpet. Absolute handbaggers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also a tribute to the strength of the drugs in the west. Most disadvantaged team??? The league basically turned a blind eye to your horrendous culture for years. If they’d done some proper drug testing, that’s at least 1 flag goodbye. But keep potting the league that let you sweep it under the carpet. Absolute handbaggers

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Once again, you have your history wrong.

Once we discovered we had an issue at our club we went to the AFL for help. They turned around and said “if they are passing tests, there’s no issue”. It wasn’t until Ben cousins got done for possession that the AFL decided to step in even though they knew the state of the situation much earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There is no doubt that the Tigers are worthy premiers but I think it's a long way off saying streets ahead. The Eagles losing to hawthorn in round 23 gifted them a top 4 spot. Not their fault of course but it turned a very anticipated final series into a walk in the park for the tigers.
Yes they looked streets ahead but their main two challengers thought it was all to hard when it mattered and fell over.

Our main challenge was Brisbane Geelong and GWS. End of story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are a few hundred metres from the place when you look up at it and the hairs stand up on your arms - its like wow - this place youve only ever seen on tv since you were a kid - its big and its impressive - it has an aura. By the time an interstate team has rebuilt, built up and plays a gf at the g - the most experienced players on the team have played at it <10 times. The least experienced 0.

but to your players its just where they go to work most weeks. Although the game itself is a big deal - the arena isnt. Its home.

contrast that to an interstate team this decade - its a venue they play 0, 1 or 2 times a year - often against crap teams like melbourne, carlton or middle teams as were richmond.
This is where the main part of the disagreement is.

The G isn’t ‘home’ to any Melbourne club. VicPark was home, now Holden Centre. Punt Road is Richmond’s home. Hawks moved from Glenferrie to Waverley. Kardinia Park is Geelong’s home.

They are professional athletes now, the arena isn’t a big deal - Hawthorn supposedly have ‘home’ advantage in Tassie, at the G and at Marvel...it clearly ain’t the arena that is the key to ‘home advantage’

Collingwood is the team that plays in the most ‘blockbuster’ games that supposedly closest match the GF atmosphere - ANZAC day, all the 85K+ crowds (and funnily enough those are also considered neutral clashes).

But come GF day, Collingwood has a 0 from 5 record against ‘non-tenant’ teams.

You think playing games at the G in June helps, and that the same advantage (and disadvantage) that exists for normal H&A games holds for a GF

The stats (although small sample) don’t agree, and it clearly hasn’t helped Collingwood in GFs.

Almost as if there are differences between a GF and a H&A game! And GF experience may be more important than random games at the G in June.

england keep wembley aside for internationals and finals - because they understand the advantage playing at home in a big game brings
But if the England players rarely actually play at Wembley, what advantage are they actually getting?

Or is the actual ‘ground’ not really that big a deal, and it is the fact that at an england international, be it at Wembley or Old Trafford or villa Park, the crowd will be 95% England fans that creates the advantage!?

Despite some of the England players potentially just playing between 0-10 games at the particular arena.

This is where the main part of the disagreement is.

The G isn’t ‘home’ to any Melbourne club. VicPark was home, now Holden Centre. Punt Road is Richmond’s home. Hawks moved from Glenferrie to Waverley. Kardinia Park is Geelong’s home.

They are professional athletes now, the arena isn’t a big deal - Hawthorn supposedly have ‘home’ advantage in Tassie, at the G and at Marvel...it clearly ain’t the arena that is the key to ‘home advantage’

Collingwood is the team that plays in the most ‘blockbuster’ games that supposedly closest match the GF atmosphere - ANZAC day, all the 85K+ crowds (and funnily enough those are also considered neutral clashes).

But come GF day, Collingwood has a 0 from 5 record against ‘non-tenant’ teams.

You think playing games at the G in June helps, and that the same advantage (and disadvantage) that exists for normal H&A games holds for a GF

The stats (although small sample) don’t agree, and it clearly hasn’t helped Collingwood in GFs.

Almost as if there are differences between a GF and a H&A game! And GF experience may be more important than random games at the G in June.

But if the England players rarely actually play at Wembley, what advantage are they actually getting?

Or is the actual ‘ground’ not really that big a deal, and it is the fact that at an england international, be it at Wembley or Old Trafford or villa Park, the crowd will be 95% England fans that creates the advantage!?

Despite some of the England players potentially just playing between 0-10 games at the particular arena.
so explain how norf -from being absolute poo to at best being a really average team this decade - is unbeaten in tassie?

its almost like home ground advantage is made up of a number of things that some grounds have less of - and others more of.

As for collingwoods record in gf’s - have you considered that you are a very well run club that over achieves as a result of good management and an easy draw with little travel - so you make it in to gfs but get beaten as you are out of your depth?

Every day that goes by where you eagles fans continue to whinge is another day you solidify the rapidly approaching label of league's biggest sooks. I don't see any other club sook as much as some of you WC fans. I certainly don't see Freo complaining. They might suck at the moment but at least they just get on with it.

so explain how norf -from being absolute poo to at best being a really average team this decade - is unbeaten in tassie?
At least you finally agree that West Coast, with 9 home games every year against clubs from interstate has a massive advantage over clubs from Victoria in the H&A season, and that this advantage extends into the finals until the grand final.

Even with this very large advantage over clubs from Victoria, you still infernally whinge because you don't take any advantages into the MCG on grand final day, which is a proven neutral venue on grand final day.

Where would you suggest we practise and perfect that game plan.
You build a training ground big enough to do as such (which I think you’ve done now?).

In any case, Richmond have created a gameplan that seems to work pretty well on the G, developed on Punt Road Oval which is the same dimensions as Docklands. It’s not that hard. There’s nothing sneaky happening, unless you’re Adelaide 2017 you know where the GF is going to be played and you know it’s wider. It shouldn’t be a surprise to a team that’s thought about it a bit.

North ain’t been absolute poo, they won more games than they lost in the 2010s.

It highlights that travel ain’t hard, so teams like Adelaide have no excuse.

And that yes, they have created an advantage their compared to the neutral grounds in Melbourne, with teams not prepared for the often horrible cold, windy conditions...almost like old VFL back at Arden Street.
its almost like home ground advantage is made up of a number of things that some grounds have less of - and others more of.
Yeah, the G ain’t a ground with any of the traditional advantage elements.

As for collingwoods record in gf’s - have you considered that you are a very well run club that over achieves as a result of good management and an easy draw with little travel - so you make it in to gfs but get beaten as you are out of your depth?
Nup, travel isn’t a factor...as highlighted by North and Hawthorn being successful in Tasmania, and Collingwood actually having a better record away from the G.

We are beaten because we face better teams and the G doesn’t actually afford any ‘advantage’ on GF day. Even when we were clearly the best team (2010) we spluttered and almost coughed it up

They haven't gone under because the AFL has a less economic rationalist approach and is happy to dish out large sums of money in the form of AFL distributions to keep them afloat.

In large part the ability to support the small Victorian clubs is due to larger TV deals (and ratings) and exposure due to the expansion in to a national competition and the AFL has much more cash to pull levers than it did in the 90's with Fitzroy. It's willingness to provide financial support to clubs is what is different, not that those small vic clubs are somehow more viable. There economic viability is only due to the AFL lining their coffers.

St Kilda, Bulldogs, Melbourne and Kangaroos all receive most money from the AFL with the exception of Giants, Gold Coast and Brisbane. Once you consider that two of those clubs are brand new and the other is in the heart of NRL.View attachment 773801

So cut the worst six clubs then

I think adelaide would have won handily in adelaide.

but i reckon what we were cheated out of was an epic at a neutral venue.

would have been a much better game - obvs you lot were happy with the result but it was a snooze fest for neutrals

And if Richmond had had to play their semi final against Brisbane at the Gabba the Lions would've won and not got beat by 47 points and it would've been a much better game for the neutrals.

Oh, hang on ....

I'm always surprised that West Coast supporters are the most vocal about travel and venues given their success in the AFL since joining. I know it's easy to say from the outside, but if I was a WC supporter I could not give a fu** about travel or venue as I would be pretty bloody confident in the team to perform wherever, whenever.
It's because they prefer to carry on like self-entitled brats, feeling the need to dilute the magnitude of any other team's success in a flimsy attempt to add gravitas to their own achievements.

And if Richmond had had to play their semi final against Brisbane at the Gabba the Lions would've won and not got beat by 47 points and it would've been a much better game for the neutrals.

Oh, hang on ....
Aahhh so we cant equate away form in round 6 of 2017 or round 21 of 2017 with finals 2017

but you wish to equate away finals form 2019 with away finals form 2017

Got it.

Aahhh so we cant equate away form in round 6 of 2017 or round 21 of 2017 with finals 2017

but you wish to equate away finals form 2019 with away finals form 2017

Got it.
“Form” is a best guess predictor. Not evidence.

see melbourne vs west coast 2018. We beat you at home just a few weeks prior.
you belted is at home in a pre lim

At least you finally agree that West Coast, with 9 home games every year against clubs from interstate has a massive advantage over clubs from Victoria in the H&A season, and that this advantage extends into the finals until the grand final.

Even with this very large advantage over clubs from Victoria, you still infernally whinge because you don't take any advantages into the MCG on grand final day, which is a proven neutral venue on grand final day.
4/4 top 4 teams interstate 2019 4/4 top four teams from 2019 in 2020

the definition of a neutral venue is one where neither team is a tenant.

70000 km to be flown in 2020 vs richmond 14406

314003AD-4916-4238-95E9-D6ED99E7ADFB.jpeg B575C381-B5BE-4CD1-BBC8-59C817D746A0.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back