MCG tenants on Grand Final day

70000 km to be flown in 2020 vs richmond 14406
Your arguments are increasingly desperate and ridiculous.
When they signed up to the AFL, West Coast administrators must have had no idea how far Perth is from Melbourne.
To solve that problem, all you need do is demand that all east Coast capitals be relocated closer to Perth. If they refuse, tell them that it's all really unfair and that you're entitled to expect them to relocate.

The other idea could be to have Melbourne clubs play some of their home games in Perth, because, at the moment, only 10 of West Coasts games are against interstate clubs where as Richmond get's a whole 4 home ground games against interstate clubs. That's only a 6 game advantage. It's all so unfair.

Doesnt matter

grin keeps trying to say we get it easy

we were rated 5th best team this year and have the hardest draw

tigs won a flag and get the fifth hardest draw

Myth busted.
No. I have always said it is swings and round abouts.
There is nothing that can be done about the distance between Perth and Melbourne. It provides you with advantages and disadvantages.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
When they signed up to the AFL, West Coast administrators must have had no idea how far Perth is from Melbourne.
To solve that problem, all you need do is demand that all east Coast capitals be relocated closer to Perth. If they refuse, tell them that it's all really unfair and that you're entitled to expect them to relocate.

The other idea could be to have Melbourne clubs play some of their home games in Perth, because, at the moment, only 10 of West Coasts games are against interstate clubs where as Richmond get's a whole 4 home ground games against interstate clubs. That's only a 6 game advantage. It's all so unfair.

all wed have to do tosubstantially address the disparity in travelling is have vic teams play most interstate teams home and away every year.

But the vics have it fixed that they double up on each other instead.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
all wed have to do tosubstantially address the disparity in travelling is have vic teams play most interstate teams home and away every year.

But let me guess, you still want to keep the 2 games against Fremantle?

The only disparity is inside your head.

Richmond doubles up with 3 interstate clubs and only 2 other Victorian clubs. Even though clubs from Victoria represent over 1/2 the comp.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast

Once again you are wrong and don’t understand VFL/AFL history

All the clubs needed to vote and needed majority approval to get in to the league.

Ross Oakley (VFL/AFL ceo 1986-96) said himself that “it was better to get them in the league on a bad deal then not get them in at all”.

Essentially Victorian teams were stonewalling west coast entry even though with out them the Majority of the clubs would have gone bust.

While many of the disadvantages were removed over time, many entrenched biases remain in our national league. Those biases are relics from when the AFL was a state league and favour Victorian clubs. It is constant process of advocating for interests of a fair and equal national competition.

That is an aspiration that shouldn’t be scoffed at or belittled.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Once again you are wrong and don’t understand VFL/AFL history

All the clubs needed to vote and needed majority approval to get in to the league.

Ross Oakley (VFL/AFL ceo 1986-96) said himself that “it was better to get them in the league on a bad deal then not get them in at all”.

Essentially Victorian teams were stonewalling west coast entry even though with out them the Majority of the clubs would have gone bust.

While many of the disadvantages were removed over time, many entrenched biases remain in our national league. Those biases are relics from when the AFL was a state league and favour Victorian clubs. It is constant process of advocating for interests of a fair and equal national competition.

That is an aspiration that shouldn’t be scoffed at or belittled.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I agree wholeheartedly.

Then I don't understand the mocking tone you take to supporters of non-vic clubs who point out said inequities.
Because you refuse to recognise your advantages. I’d love a balanced conversation. I think there are genuine improvements that could be made that would benefit all clubs, and the game.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
4/4 top 4 teams interstate 2019 4/4 top four teams from 2019 in 2020
Yeah the AFL attempts to handicap strong teams.

Has nothing to do with MCG tenants.
the definition of a neutral venue is one where neither team is a tenant.
LOL

What definition would use the term ‘tenant’!

You just making s**t up as per usual.

70000 km to be flown in 2020 vs richmond 14406
What does the km flown equate to in advantage or disadvantage?

WC v Adelaide

You are aware that all of those tables are a nonsense?

How good your 2020 opponents were in 2019, has what relevance for the 2020 fixture?

This time last year Brisbane was considered an ‘easy’ opponent and Melbourne was ‘top4’.

You can only judge ‘difficulty’ of a fixture after results have played out.

Jun 30, 2009
Deroesfromgero
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
east perth
Yeah the AFL attempts to handicap strong teams.

Has nothing to do with MCG tenants.

You lot constantly try and say we get a leg up in h and a - yet there it is - weve got by far the toughest fixture despite coming 5th

LOL

What definition would use the term ‘tenant’!

You just making s**t up as per usual.

picking at irrelevancies - sure sign youve lost the argument
7927D70F-4F13-4FEE-9701-66C52418CE6D.jpeg

What does the km flown equate to in advantage or disadvantage?

are you being deliberately dense?

[quou are aware that all of those tables are a nonsense?

How good your 2020 opponents were in 2019, has what relevance for the 2020 fixture?

This time last year Brisbane was considered an ‘easy’ opponent and Melbourne was ‘top4’.

You can only judge ‘difficulty’ of a fixture after results have played out.
[/QUOTE]
yet strangely 2018 and 2019’s ladder were quite similar
D711A05B-7063-4C83-95D7-33D6843395A6.jpeg

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

Ok I'll put it this way, IF you've had enough of the AFL because of it's bias towards vic clubs you could always go back to follow the WAFL right?

And let's hypothesise that all non vic fans get what they want and we lose vic clubs, GF moved etc etc - then what do the vic fans have to go back to? Nothing! Say it's been bastardised to become a truly equitable "national" comp at the cost of traditional vic clubs and the bulk of the market have nothing to go back to.

But the other traditional teams in other comps are still there. Yeah seems fair.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Ok I'll put it this way, IF you've had enough of the AFL because of it's bias towards vic clubs you could always go back to follow the WAFL right?

And let's hypothesise that all non vic fans get what they want and we lose vic clubs, GF moved etc etc - then what do the vic fans have to go back to? Nothing! Say it's been bastardised to become a truly equitable "national" comp at the cost of traditional vic clubs and the bulk of the market have nothing to go back to.

But the other traditional teams in other comps are still there. Yeah seems fair.

You don't get to tell fans of other clubs 'love it or leave it'.

This idea that vic make the rules and everyone else needs to go along with it is an anachronistic and outdated attitude that has no place in a truly league. Victorian clubs are not the gate keepers of our national competition.

I don't think moving the Grand Final away from the MCG is currently a viable option. I think the agreement to keep it at the MCG is too long. Should be 20 years max.

Every state would need access to a stadium with bare minimum 60k and most likely 70k, which is basically MCG minus MCC members. At the moment only Optus is in that category.

Biggest bug bear for non vic teams is amount of interstate trips non vic clubs do relative to victorian clubs.

Should be 14 'home state games' and 8 interstate games for each team.

Basically that means every club travels to to each state twice. Eg, Collingwood would have 14 'home state games' and 2x Trips to Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Sydney.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Doesnt matter

grin keeps trying to say we get it easy

we were rated 5th best team this year and have the hardest draw

tigs won a flag and get the fifth hardest draw

Myth busted.
Biggest and most successful club in modern football are the tiges.

we are in a 10 team, 5 million person town and have 105,000 members.

you are in a 2 team, 2.5 million person town and have 80,000 members. Let that lack of buy in sink in.

You are irrelevant east of the nullabor. Another WAnchise.

We do what we want. Get used to it.

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Biggest and most successful club in modern football are the tiges.

we are in a 10 team, 5 million person town and have 105,000 members.

you are in a 2 team, 2.5 million person town and have 80,000 members. Let that lack of buy in sink in.

You are irrelevant east of the nullabor. Another WAnchise.

We do what we want. Get used to it.

First of all - we have 90, 000 members.

The only metric by which Richmond is the biggest is memberships. And West Coast is only marginally behind (and they have huge membership wait lists).

Collingwood had most people attend their games (West Coast actually had most if you control for vs interstate opponents).
West Coast makes the biggest profit and has the largest revenue
Hawthorn is the most successful in terms of flags in the AFL era

West Coast/Collingwood/Hawthorn are the biggest/most successful clubs. Richmond is running well behind.

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
First of all - we have 90, 000 members.

The only metric by which Richmond is the biggest is memberships. And West Coast is only marginally behind (and they have huge membership wait lists).

Collingwood had most people attend their games (West Coast actually had most if you control for vs interstate opponents).
West Coast makes the biggest profit and has the largest revenue
Hawthorn is the most successful in terms of flags in the AFL era

West Coast/Collingwood/Hawthorn are the biggest/most successful clubs. Richmond is running well behind.
'membership wait list'

🤣

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Laugh all your like. Literally the demand is so great for memberships.

How about you engage with the substance of my post, or have I got you beat (again)?
I am engaging with your substance. Its just become uncomfortable for you, so you are pretending its not your substance.

How is that black area on the meme goin? 🤪

FreeTK

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I am engaging with your substance. Its just become uncomfortable for you, so you are pretending its not your substance.

How is that black area on the meme goin? 🤪

That was the worst attempt of engaging in pop culture I have ever seen.

You probably had to get one of your kids to show you how to use the internet.

Back