MCG to host GF through to 2057

Remove this Banner Ad

there’s a significant commercial benefit associated with the 100,000 capacity stadium that you conveniently omitted to support your own self serving argument . With the AFL committed to an additional 20mn in annual divs to expansion clubs for The foreseeable future this can’t be underestimated

Keep up the good fight - you’re doing well

Let’s move all prelims to the mcg too for the commercial benefit as well

Wow. You got me. There are literally no examples world wide that demonstrate the complete opposite or anything.

Leagues where there's more money and more exposure and much higher stakes. Very, very easy to do it better if there was the motivation there.

www.google.com

Go give it a try and learn how other leagues worldwide that aren't trying to feign an even playing field do it.
Which model would you like? Don’t just say “yeah BUT OYHER SPORTS DIFFERENT!!!!!”
Which one are you specifically referring to?

Wow. You got me. There are literally no examples world wide that demonstrate the complete opposite or anything.

Leagues where there's more money and more exposure and much higher stakes. Very, very easy to do it better if there was the motivation there.

www.google.com

Go give it a try and learn how other leagues worldwide that aren't trying to feign an even playing field do it.
Why look at what other sports and leagues do?

All Australian rules football competitions run the same way...they play finals at the biggest stadium available to the league.

The WAFL does it, the SANFL does it, the u14s in Division 3 of the Eastern Football League do it. The best team doesn’t host the GF, the GF is always played at the best available stadium for the league.

Australian Rules competitions have never played ‘home’ Grand Finals.

If you want to watch basketball or soccer, follow the A-League or NBL, they have ‘home’ finals.

If you follow Australian Rules you should be across the fact that there is no ‘home’ final, the GF played at the best stadium available.

If you are a small regional team, you travel to the big smoke.

Keep up the good fight - you’re doing well

Let’s move all prelims to the mcg too for the commercial benefit as well
The AFL isn’t silly.

It is commercially beneficial to host it at the stadium of choice in the respective state.

Hence Sydney played finals at ANZ, Geelong and Etihad tenants play at the G reckon Gold Coast perhaps may play at the GABBA if they ever make finals!!

There is no such thing as a ‘home’ final, the AFL schedules the game at the venue they think is best in the state.

Luckily for WA teams, that does become a ‘home’ final.

If Freo developed the Cockburn facility and started playing home games at the Kailua Oval...come finals time, the AFL would make them play a final at Optus Stadium.

Prelim benefit is a lot lot less and in many cases an interstate prelim would be worth more than the same game at the G. Not a well thought out statement.

2 things impress me

Firstly, your intimate knowledge of the various business case for where certain games are played - that’s a great skill I’m sure developed over many years of higher education and extensive corporate experience

And secondly, your absolute commitment to the trying to believe the argument that comes out of your mouth

#theearthisflat

Why look at what other sports and leagues do?

All Australian rules football competitions run the same way...they play finals at the biggest stadium available to the league.

The WAFL does it, the SANFL does it, the u14s in Division 3 of the Eastern Football League do it. The best team doesn’t host the GF, the GF is always played at the best available stadium for the league.

Australian Rules competitions have never played ‘home’ Grand Finals.

If you want to watch basketball or soccer, follow the A-League or NBL, they have ‘home’ finals.

If you follow Australian Rules you should be across the fact that there is no ‘home’ final, the GF played at the best stadium available.

If you are a small regional team, you travel to the big smoke.

So change only suits when it suits you?

Maybe we can ask Clarko which rules and traditions to keep and which to change hey?

Do people really not have any understanding of how finals work in Australian Rules competitions?

The WAFL, they play finals at the biggest and best stadium available, which used to be Subiaco. WAFL club Subiaco played its home games there until moving recently to Leederville.

SANFL, they play finals at the biggest and best stadium available.

Even you local leagues, they play at the biggest and best stadium available to the league.

The biggest and best stadium available to the AFL is the MCG, so they are happy to play their showpiece event at the G.

A couple of noisy WA fans need to realise that in the AFL world you are the equivalent of Peel Thunder...the WAFL is never going to play their GF in Mandurah, just like the AFL isn’t moving its GF away from the G.
Yes as a kid i remember the 5c extra i had to spend on the bus to go to subi rather than just perth oval.

Near killed us how only the wealthy people could afford the 5 c extra to go down the road to subi - only the people from subi could afford to go watch their team play grand finals as the extra 5c was just too much.

That bit of sarcasm aside subi also held 35000 people - perth oval at that time was about a 7000 capacity

The biggest and best stadium in the world doesnt host the world cup final or the super bowl or any number of sports in the world

Basically this entire pretentious load of utter dick dribble youve just regurgitated sucks harder than paris hilton at a c*ck convention.

Last edited:
50%? Would be more like 2 or 300% in the wash up when you count all lost revenue. AFL flogs off not far off 10 thousand of those $2-3k packages at the G, that alone would add over $300 to every seat in Perth.

And you guys only fork out those thousands en masse when your team is in it, that would work out only once every 72 years in Perth using the rotating system we have discussed before. Would locals cough up a thousand or 2 to see GWS v North GF in Perth?
Ok so theres 20000mcc members

So now the afl has what 80k tickets to play with

We have stipulated that a 70k stadium is the minimum to tender for a gf

So im figuring that your maths is kinda sucking here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So change only suits when it suits you?

Maybe we can ask Clarko which rules and traditions to keep and which to change hey?
Change??

All Australian rules football competitions have GFs at the best available stadium for that particular league. That is how our unique national game works.

If you want a sport that has a 7 game finals series, and has conferences and plays 100 games go follow basketball or baseball.

If you want a sport that has relegation and no finals, follow soccer.

If you don’t like being a small fish in a big national pond, you can enjoy the WAFL where the GF is at Optus Stadium irrespective of which club ‘earns’ the right to a ‘home GF’.

Yes as a kid i remember the 5c extra i had to spend on the bus to go to subi rather than just perth oval.
The Royals didn’t get home GFs at Perth Oval...what an outrage!!

I am sure you were campaigning in the playground at your school about how unfair it was.

Heaven forbid the Royals had to play the Lions in a final when they finished higher on the ladder!!

Those poor feckers on the bus having you sh1tting everyone with your dribble about how unfair it was that the game was at Subiaco when the Royals ‘earnt’ the right to a ‘home’ final.

Australian Rules competitions have never had a concept of ‘home’ finals.

Why you and a few of your fellow WA fans now think you are entitled to them baffles most.

If you don’t like how Australian Rules competitions have always been run, go and follow a different sport...one that actually has ‘home’ finals.

The WAFL, SANFL and AFL aren’t for you.

The Royals didn’t get home GFs at Perth Oval...what an outrage!!

I am sure you were campaigning in the playground at your school about how unfair it was.

Heaven forbid the Royals had to play the Lions in a final when they finished higher on the ladder!!

Those poor feckers on the bus having you sh1tting everyone with your dribble about how unfair it was that the game was at Subiaco when the Royals ‘earnt’ the right to a ‘home’ final.

Australian Rules competitions have never had a concept of ‘home’ finals.

Why you and a few of your fellow WA fans now think you are entitled to them baffles most.

If you don’t like how Australian Rules competitions have always been run, go and follow a different sport...one that actually has ‘home’ finals.

The WAFL, SANFL and AFL aren’t for you.
Yes the bus down the road killed me

Unlike the price gouged airfares to victoria

I got to go to every single royals gf as a kid.

Last edited:
Change??

All Australian rules football competitions have GFs at the best available stadium for that particular league. That is how our unique national game works.

If you want a sport that has a 7 game finals series, and has conferences and plays 100 games go follow basketball or baseball.

If you want a sport that has relegation and no finals, follow soccer.

If you don’t like being a small fish in a big national pond, you can enjoy the WAFL where the GF is at Optus Stadium irrespective of which club ‘earns’ the right to a ‘home GF’.

Blah blah I'm Victorian. Congratulations.

Are you going to tell people they should go play/watch netball when zones come in?

Yes the bus down the road killed me

Unlike the price gouged airfares to victoria

I got to go to every single royals gf as a kid.
So it isn’t about the GFs being played at competitors home grounds.

You grew up with that, as that is how all Australian Rules competitions have always been. It has always been about letting as many fans as possible watch the big finals.

You are just salty you can’t get the bus to the GF anymore.

Blah blah I'm Victorian. Congratulations.

Are you going to tell people they should go play/watch netball when zones come in?
Blah blah I’m from WA and it isn’t fair. Bad luck.

What? They introduced a centre diamond in the 70s to try stop congestion, it was then changed to a square...we are already using zones.

So it isn’t about the GFs being played at competitors home grounds.

You grew up with that, as that is how all Australian Rules competitions have always been. It has always been about letting as many fans as possible watch the big finals.

You are just salty you can’t get the bus to the GF anymore.
I dont know how many of you victorians go with these either/or statements

You all seem to do it on bigfooty anyway.

You come across as seriously braindead when you do - i mean like shoes first then trying to put your pants on stupid.

Being over the other side of the country makes it hard for the fans.

Are you with me so far professor.

Being at the oppositions home ground makes it difficult for the team.

Wow bam fcuk me - thats like both - at the same time - innit?

Mind blown.

Blah blah I’m from WA and it isn’t fair. Bad luck.

What? They introduced a centre diamond in the 70s to try stop congestion, it was then changed to a square...we are already using zones.

What?!? That's not how things are done in hokey suburban leagues and outdated state leagues. It always has to be done how it has been done.

They should go play/support another sport if they don't like how things have always been done.

Is that how it works?

I dont know how many of you victorians go with these either/or statements

You all seem to do it on bigfooty anyway.

You come across as seriously braindead when you do - i mean like shoes first then trying to put your pants on stupid.

Being over the other side of the country makes it hard for the fans.

Are you with me so far professor.
It makes it hard for a small number of fans, whilst making it accessible for the majority.

You used to be in the majority, but now don’t like it when you are the inconvenienced minority.

Being at the oppositions home ground makes it difficult for the team.
Aussie rules finals have always been like this.

The Royals always knew if they made finals they weren’t being played at Perth Oval...just like all the other teams.

Just like Collingwood, Geelong etc had to play at the G.

The fact Melbourne or Subiaco played home games was irrelevant.

But now you can’t jump on the bus, so it is an issue for you.

What?!? That's not how things are done in hokey suburban leagues and outdated state leagues. It always has to be done how it has been done.

They should go play/support another sport if they don't like how things have always been done.

Is that how it works?
Make an uneducated comment about zones and netball, without grasping that the VFL introduced zones in the 70s.

Now rambling.

Australian rules football competitions - not just the VFL, but the WAFL, SANFL - always played finals at the largest possible venues available to the league, primarily to ensure as many fans can go and watch.

Those venues have always been at the largest venues in the largest population hubs competing in the league. Fans of teams based in regional areas have always had to travel further, even when they were the ‘best’ team.

Make an uneducated comment about zones and netball, without grasping that the VFL introduced zones in the 70s.

Now rambling.

Australian rules football competitions - not just the VFL, but the WAFL, SANFL - always played finals at the largest possible venues available to the league, primarily to ensure as many fans can go and watch.

Those venues have always been at the largest venues in the largest population hubs competing in the league. Fans of teams based in regional areas have always had to travel further, even when they were the ‘best’ team.

You're rambling with the same paragraph over and over again.

You are talking about local and state leagues.

What is your point with that? Honestly. We should follow the regional league rationale? Top work champ.

You are making it sound like irrefutable and unchangable while as you have demonstrated clearly (thanks for that) footy has been evolving for years.

You either have no idea or you're trolling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back