State of Origin MCG to host Origin in 2015 and 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Good for the growth of the game. However, the MCG makes terrible viewing of rectangle field games. Fans are just way too far away from the action.

Good for the growth of the game. However, the MCG makes terrible viewing of rectangle field games. Fans are just way too far away from the action.
I just straight out disagree with it. It's NSW and Qld. I dunno why they have to play games outside of those two states. Well, obviously, I do know the rea$on$, but I just don't think it should happen.
And the MCG ? Bring your binoculars....

I can't see the Australian TV networks wanting SoO in England, with the time difference giving them a live late-night or breakfast time slot?

Not exactly happy with this. Although it's not going to impact the home/away numbers for NSW/QLD unlike previously (which royally screwed NSW more often than not), I just don't think it's a good idea.

Origin is about New South Wales and Queensland. I don't see Victoria in there. The Melbourne Storm have set up camp in Victoria so if the NRL is gun ho on developing the game in Melbourne, use them. It's a much better fit than transplanting two teams from other states into an area with an existing team, albeit at a different level.

Hearing people go on about it being the best product and the only option and whatever other crap is being sent through the radio is just ridiculous. The best product should be provided to the most loyal fans, the ones who deserve it. Besides, how many of the expected 90k crowd will be people flying down from NSW/QLD anyway?

I think a game like the Rabbitohs-Warriors game tonight will have a longer lasting impact on the Perth rugby league scene than taking an origin game to the MCG.

Besides, wouldn't the game ruin the ground's surface for the AFL folk the following weekend?

I don't see the point in moving this game out of NSW and QLD, but if they could guarantee a capacity crowd, then fair enough, it would be a great spectacle. But isn't that impossible at the MCG as the members have to be catered for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back