McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to lose a boomerang like Hartlett :p

I'll be mighty relieved if both Lever and McGovern sign up. On the back of Jenkins and B Crouch hopefully it will go some way towards redressing the reputation we have.
Not saying we don't have our own issues, we signed too many players on too long a contracts.
Agree on Couch, good signing and you've had many others, like Sloane as well was a massive win. I'm not sold on Jenkins, see how he goes.
Agree also, sign a few more and the wolves will find another carcus, hopefully not us again haha.

Of all of our next big things, McGovern to me is most dispensable and if we can snaffle a first and garnish, I'd take it.
It's such a tough one. What if he gets to Gunston levels? He's certainly looks as good early in his career. Then again, what if he's started like a shower of s**t but has close to topped out.

I'd prefer to keep than trade for a late first at this stage (which is what you'd get).

McGovern v Lever - I think it's closer than what some people think but you'd choose to keep Lever but maybe it's unfair to compare until Gov plays another season

If Gov rocks up and kicks 40-50 and takes mark of the year this year and then leaves - ouch
He almost did that this year

Not saying we don't have our own issues, we signed too many players on too long a contracts.
Agree on Couch, good signing and you've had many others, like Sloane as well was a massive win. I'm not sold on Jenkins, see how he goes.
Agree also, sign a few more and the wolves will find another carcus, hopefully not us again haha.
I'm pretty sure Ken would be sold on him if he kicked 62 goals for Port last season.

So you have a choice: lose one of Lever or Mcgovern?

Keep Lever every day of the week.
Not convinced about McGoverns footy brain.Good talent and fills a need but hes no natural like a Modra and that is without comparing attributes like Leadership etc.
Burton vs Ben Hart?
Lever vs J McGovern.
J McGovern vs M McGovern.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep Mitch

Need to see Lever can play kpp before his value meets hype.

If he can, well that's different

Likewise can be said about Mcgovern.
He is playing 3rd(possibly 4th)string right now same as Lever and Id back lever to step up a rung quicker,with more consistency and with less hassle than Mitch.

Lever every day of the week.
Not convinced about McGoverns footy brain.Good talent and fills a need but hes no natural like a Modra and that is without comparing attributes like Leadership etc.
Burton vs Ben Hart?
Lever vs J McGovern.

McGovern is one of my favourite players to watch live, his off the ball hard running and aggressive hits on the ball carrier are great to watch, as are his running patterns in our stacked forward line, he has a good footy brain.

I hope he has an outstanding year and stays with us, if he does decide to go he will only improve his trade currency.

Lever every day of the week.
Burton vs Ben Hart?
Lever vs J McGovern.
I think you mean McGovern ;)

Mitch is a forward, worth a lot more than 3rd defenders
Well hang on, if we're evaluating as at today, you wouldn't take a 20 year old 3rd defender over a 22 year old 5th forward?

Lever will be a number 1 defender when he's 25, will McGovern be a number 1 forward? There is a clearer line of sight to being elite for Lever.

Dear God just STOP! Please bring on the preseason comp - at least we might get a faint reminder all the good stuff that comes from the great game and stop the bloody discussions like which young gun we would rather lose o_O

I don't care anymore, I just want to see some new footy from our squad so I can get excited about the 2017 season ... I'm sick of watching replays of 2016 (how many times can one person watch the game against the Swans in Rnd 4, and the last quarter against West Coast in Rnd 12!!)

Back