• Want Mitch

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • Don’t want Mitch

Votes: 34 29.1%
  • Want him but not willing to to slide from pick 5/6

Votes: 69 59.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rosich was like a politician and committed to nothing, said he was speaking to a lot of potential list managers as well as players agents.

Unfortunately he also said our coaching group wouldn't be changing....to clarify, this was specifically with reference to assistants.
Yep in a polite way said its still going to be a one man show with a bunch of rookie yes men to put out the cones and hold up the padding.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...mcgovern-demands-a-trade-20180828-p500d6.html

So reading this article it says that the reason McGovern wants to leave the Crows is that the club said it could only offer so much money because of salary cap pressures but McGovern felt lied to when they then found enough cash to bring Gibbs in.

I hadn't heard that before. Is that widely known and I've just been living under a rock?
There has to be more to it than money.

I hope we have a crack. We need to build our forward line. He is a known asset. We may end up with another Mora with our pick. Or we fail.

Take the risk. Fk it.

We all know his best is very good. Kicked a goal after the siren he is no pussy. Back him in to get his body right. It didn't pay off with Harley but it was worth a shot. Wont die wondering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not want basically because he is so similar to what we have in Cam Mac and Kersten and we can't develop these players. Our system doesn't allow for guys like this to excel he will cost a lot and end up being a hbfer before being cut. Pointless trade for us IMO.

Do not want basically because he is so similar to what we have in Cam Mac and Kersten and we can't develop these players. Our system doesn't allow for guys like this to excel he will cost a lot and end up being a hbfer before being cut. Pointless trade for us IMO.

He’s a good player and a clutch player but this is what worries me. He’ll go backwards with us.

Is there a salary cap for the coaching dept of clubs?
Yes. $9,300,000 per year for all football department spending. So that's everything except the salary cap payments to players.

You can spend more above that figure but are taxed at 75% for every dollar you do.

So we can spend $1,000,000 extra but it will mean having to pay $750,000 to the AFL.

Not fussed if we don’t get him, but more concerned WHY he doesn’t want to come here. His dad played for us, it’s a ticket home, and wasn’t he close to coming last year?

I don’t like the feeling coming out of the club - first Hill, this, lachie FFS??!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not fussed if we don’t get him, but more concerned WHY he doesn’t want to come here. His dad played for us, it’s a ticket home, and wasn’t he close to coming last year?

I don’t like the feeling coming out of the club - first Hill, this, lachie FFS??!

Hill story is untrue and confirmed by Brad Hill himself.
Freo may well not be willing to pay the going price for Gov mk2, or just not want that type of player. All speculation at this point apart from MM wanting out of the Crows.
Lachie Neale story is standard media speculation within the normal scenario of player management testing the market at this stage. It may be little more than a fishing expedition to get a better deal from Freo. Imo Neale will stay at Freo but with a well deserved pay rise. But then again who knows?

Spot on there was thinking the same thing when we swappen Kersten in for Mayne completely pointless exercise and Cam Mac prepared to give him another couple of seasons but ridiculous to think GWS made him sit out a season if he can get himself up to 30 or 40 goals he will win our goalkicking so maybe not that far off.

The rumour is Carlton. Pretty sure anybody can piece together the reason ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$) why an interstater might choose to go there out of all the Victorian clubs in the comp.

Hill story is untrue and confirmed by Brad Hill himself.
Freo may well not be willing to pay the going price for Gov mk2, or just not want that type of player. All speculation at this point apart from MM wanting out of the Crows.
Lachie Neale story is standard media speculation within the normal scenario of player management testing the market at this stage. It may be little more than a fishing expedition to get a better deal from Freo. Imo Neale will stay at Freo but with a well deserved pay rise. But then again who knows?

I hear what you’re saying re: Hill

It hasn’t been a good year for us off field, I just wonder is much it’s hurting us now / going to hurt us moving forward

I’d love for us to get some strong assistants in who can both challenge Ross and bring a stronger culture than we have

Back