McGovern: 1 yr @ start of 2016, 3 years at the end of 2017 - confirmed legend

What do you think McGovern will do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane. Also if you listened to Brad he said he actually looked at going. His injuries here had left a bad taste in his mouth and a fresh start was inviting.
And yet he didn't.

Ultimately McGovern is either leaving or staying. I could make up whatever story I wanted as proof he was staying or leaving. No matter how ridiculous the story was, I would have a 50/50 shot at being correct and could then point to it as me being "in the know". Heck, if I wanted to get specific, I could even name Freo or West Coast as the specific club and still have a 33% chance of being right.

Spout off enough of these made up rumours like people in the media do and you have a pretty good chance of getting a few right. People always point to the calls they got right and conveniently ignore the dozen that they got wrong.

Do we want a Seedsman and a Cheney on 300k each or Gov for 600k.

Easy choice sign the gun then use players on peaunts like Beech and CEY as depth instead of guys on solid money Dmac/Seed/Cheney/Menzel

Gov is an absolute must keep. He cant flourish because we play Jenkins and Tex with him? Couldnt disagree more. He is more likely to succeed with the support.

No apology needed, I'm not offended

People do remind me of the Danger situation however I did announce Talia's 5 year deal 3-4 days before the club announcement

I've got no info on Gov other than that Gov and Pyke have a pretty unique player / coach relationship and IMO this will be important in the end decision

Unique in what way exactly? Obviously Pyke thinks highly of him as he's played every game, bar a 1 game rest, since Pyke has been coach.

We are in the box seat for lever and gov. Kelly has a large offer infront of him.

I'm not sure we'd be able to match the massive offers Kelly would be getting from Melbourne clubs. So if he came here it would be because he saw a greater chance of winning a flag.

f_um6n.gif

Needs more dropped GF chest marks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we want a Seedsman and a Cheney on 300k each or Gov for 600k.

Easy choice sign the gun then use players on peaunts like Beech and CEY as depth instead of guys on solid money Dmac/Seed/Cheney/Menzel

Gov is an absolute must keep. He cant flourish because we play Jenkins and Tex with him? Couldnt disagree more. He is more likely to succeed with the support.

Is it an easy choice without Cheney and Seedsman on 300k we would replace them with two playesr at 150K each which is almost base wage and players not capable of playing AFL with limited output

No doubt its a balancing act but do you load up with High paid players and hope the bottom 5 playesr in the team will be dragged along for the ride

The other question is will Gov take the next step I bet the club are already nervous on JJ

Could we become like Port offering long term high paid deals that we wont to get out of, but cant find anyone to take them on like Hartlett and Lobbe

And yet he didn't.

Ultimately McGovern is either leaving or staying. I could make up whatever story I wanted as proof he was staying or leaving. No matter how ridiculous the story was, I would have a 50/50 shot at being correct and could then point to it as me being "in the know". Heck, if I wanted to get specific, I could even name Freo or West Coast as the specific club and still have a 33% chance of being right.

Spout off enough of these made up rumours like people in the media do and you have a pretty good chance of getting a few right. People always point to the calls they got right and conveniently ignore the dozen that they got wrong.
The majority of these strong rumours (ie Danger, Buddy, Mayne, Treloar, Dixon etc) turn out correct.
We are not talking about the "St Kilda have put forward an offer to Sloane" stories, but rather the "Dangerfield will leave the Crows and go to Geelong" stories.
Why hasnt their been anywhere near the talk about Lever going? Or Talia last year?

Last edited:
The manority of these strong rumours (ie Danger, Buddy, Mayne, Treloar, Dixon etc) turn out correct.
We are not talking about the "St Kilda have put forward an offer to Sloane" stories, but rather the "Dangerfield will leave the Crows and go to Geelong" stories.
Why hasnt their been anywhere near the talk about Lever going? Or Talia last year?

If any players manager isnt working out a way of pushing up the price on his players salary then he isnt a managers a-hole

The Manager is there for his players benefit not the Clubs

The manority of these strong rumours (ie Danger, Buddy, Mayne, Treloar, Dixon etc) turn out correct.

There have been specific stories like that because they are low hanging fruit that are an easy story to make a case for. Dangerfield's and his wife's parents all lived in or near Geelong, so it was an easy story, the same way McGovern to a WA team is an easy story.

That doesn't mean it is always right though. Buddy to GWS and Tippett to GCS were stated as though they were done deals. Aish to SA was reported as happening too.

I'm not saying that McGovern won't leave. There is a reasonable chance of that happening, especially since Freo appears willing to pay big money to McGovern. However, I don't think it is a done deal.

Edit: There has been rumours of Lever being offered good money by Melbourne clubs, but it isn't a strong a story when you are guessing and have 9 Melbourne clubs to guess from instead of 2.

There have been specific stories like that because they are low hanging fruit that are an easy story to make a case for. Dangerfield's and his wife's parents all lived in or near Geelong, so it was an easy story, the same way McGovern to a WA team is an easy story.

That doesn't mean it is always right though. Buddy to GWS and Tippett to GCS were stated as though they were done deals. Aish to SA was reported as happening too.

I'm not saying that McGovern won't leave. There is a reasonable chance of that happening, especially since Freo appears willing to pay big money to McGovern. However, I don't think it is a done deal.

Edit: There has been rumours of Lever being offered good money by Melbourne clubs, but it isn't a strong a story when you are guessing and have 9 Melbourne clubs to guess from instead of 2.
Just not true. Aish was said to leave Brisbane. They got that correct. He was also most likely going to Collingwood. They got that correct. They also said Trelor was going to Collingwood. Got that correct. If you google you will find a Herald Sun article from August last year saying that. Pretty good guess.

Just not true. Aish was said to leave Brisbane. They got that correct. He was also most likely going to Collingwood. They got that correct. They also said Trelor was going to Collingwood. Got that correct. If you google you will find a Herald Sun article from August last year saying that. Pretty good guess.
And Buddy and Tippett?

All I'm saying is that confirmation bias means that people remember the guesses that were correct and ignore the guesses that were wrong.

Tony Sheahan says he's going. The Trade Whisperer says he's staying. Maybe the journo has no idea and is just trying to pretend that they aren't the same person by making up different rumours?

Back