McGovern vs Rance

Rance or McGovern

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rance nothing like Fletcher, you don't know much about football mate, are you new to the sport?
You're right. Fletcher was far more damaging than Rance ever will be.

Rance

Rance doesn't play as a spare man, he plays off his man and uses his anticipation and closing speed to mark that player,
What do you think zoning off an opponent means?

Fletcher didn't play spare man. He played on the 2nd or 3rd forward allowing him to zone off and use his reach and speed to get across and help his teammates out on a regular basis. Isn't that what Alex does?

What do you think zoning off an opponent means?

Fletcher didn't play spare man. He played on the 2nd or 3rd forward allowing him to zone off and use his reach and speed to get across and help his teammates out on a regular basis. Isn't that what Alex does?
Similar, but Rance gets to more contests and is a superior ground level player so he impacts the play much more.That McGovern move to mark in the last 2 mins of GF was a classic Rance move except Rance does it throughout the whole game. This thread is just a Rance trolling thread look at the poll.Most football people would agree that Rance is clearly still ahead on McGovern.

Come back to me when McGovern gets named All Australian captain, McGovern lovers!

Similar, but Rance gets to more contests and is a superior ground level player so he impacts the play much more.That McGovern move to mark in the last 2 mins of GF was a classic Rance move except Rance does it throughout the whole game. This thread is just a Rance trolling thread look at the poll.Most football people would agree that Rance is clearly still ahead on McGovern.
Superior ground level player? Fletcher regularly took players like Phillip Matera, Eddie Betts and others like that and towelled them up. Dig up, stupid!

Ah.

So Rance plays similar to Fletcher? So maybe, just maybe, he didn't revolutionise his position? Maybe he just adapted what Fletcher did, albeit in your opinion he does it better.

Which is fine I'm not commenting on whether or not Fletcher or Rance is the better player because that would be a waste of bandwidth. All I'm saying is Rance didn't invent the "take the 2nd or 3rd forward and peel off to help your teammate" role.

Come back to me when McGovern gets named All Australian captain, McGovern lovers!

Except AA selection is an utter joke.

McGovern shits all over Rance.

Yikes, Gov smashing Rance in the poll.

Makes you wonder why Richmond fans can't see that Gov is definitely the superior player.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond fans create the same thread on their board/safe space now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah.

So Rance plays similar to Fletcher? So maybe, just maybe, he didn't revolutionise his position? Maybe he just adapted what Fletcher did, albeit in your opinion he does it better.

Which is fine I'm not commenting on whether or not Fletcher or Rance is the better player because that would be a waste of bandwidth. All I'm saying is Rance didn't invent the "take the 2nd or 3rd forward and peel off to help your teammate" role.
Rance can play small or tall and spends alot of time at the bottom of a pack ,knocking the ball to our advantage.McGovern just plays tall.McGovern is probably the better swing man up forward but that's he only category that he's in front.

Makes you wonder why Richmond fans can't see that Gov is definitely the superior player.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Richmond fans create the same thread on their board/safe space now.
It's not about the last game they played, it's about their whole career.If you think this poll is a true reflection of anything, you have your hand on it my friend.

Rance can play small or tall and spends alot of time at the bottom of a pack ,knocking the ball to our advantage.McGovern just plays tall.McGovern is probably the better swing man up forward but that's he only category that he's in front.
I've made no comment on Rance v McGovern.

Simply that he didn't revolutionise the position. You're describing exactly how Fletcher played so obviously you now see that, cheers.

Last edited:
Ah.

You don’t have to comment, but I will; Fletcher is another name in a LONG list of defenders better than Rance.

Read the Jakovich article mate and get your hand off it.

All I can say is Western Australia sure know how to produce quality backmen.

I'm more than happy with Rance he is elite and pretty sure if he played for anyone else they would be more than happy to have him too.

McGovern is also elite. Rance is the most hated of the two because he plays in Victoria where most of the oppo fans are just seriously jealous.

If he had of stayed and picked to play at West Coast he would be loved and adored by West Coast fans being the son of Murray but still despised by Freo supporters.

Footy fans are fickle

All I can say is Western Australia sure know how to produce quality backmen.

I'm more than happy with Rance he is elite and pretty sure if he played for anyone else they would be more than happy to have him too.

McGovern is also elite. Rance is the most hated of the two because he plays in Victoria where most of the oppo fans are just seriously jealous.

If he had of stayed and picked to play at West Coast he would be loved and adored by West Coast fans being the son of Murray but still despised by Freo supporters.

Footy fans are fickle
Or perhaps it's due to the fact that he is overhyped by the media to the point whenever he does a basic defensive act that 99% of defenders playin AFL can do, commentators scream "OHHH ONLY ALEX RANCE CAN DO THAT!"

The same Jakovich who is regularly derided for being a moron?

Wow, if Richmond supporters and Jakovich believe he is better then it must be undoubtedly true.
Your s**t- bagging a legend of your club.

Or perhaps it's due to the fact that he is overhyped by the media to the point whenever he does a basic defensive act that 99% of defenders playin AFL can do, commentators scream "OHHH ONLY ALEX RANCE CAN DO THAT!"
Ok ,so your opinion carries more weight than Jakovich,the only man to beat Wayne Carey regularly.You guys are really clutching at straws!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back