McGovern vs Rance

Rance or McGovern

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is Western Australia sure know how to produce quality backmen.

I'm more than happy with Rance he is elite and pretty sure if he played for anyone else they would be more than happy to have him too.

McGovern is also elite. Rance is the most hated of the two because he plays in Victoria where most of the oppo fans are just seriously jealous.

If he had of stayed and picked to play at West Coast he would be loved and adored by West Coast fans being the son of Murray but still despised by Freo supporters.

Footy fans are fickle

Absolute horseshit.

Lance Franklin was feared and respected at Hawthorn. Dustin Martin has near universal recognition as a top 5 player in the game.

Max Gawn and Brodie Grundy are the best rucks in the league (interested to see how NicNat returns).

Cripps and Bontempelli might be the first picked in a hypothetical ‘build your own side’ list.

Rance isn’t hated because he’s playing for a Victorian side - he’s hated because he’s overrated as *, and a diving clown.

Ok ,so your opinion carries more weight than Jakovich,the only man to beat Wayne Carey regularly.You guys are really clutching at straws!
No, I'm just pointing out why Rance gets on everyone's nerves. He's a very good player, I have no issue saying that. I think he's firmly in contention for the best key defender in the league right now but I also feel that players like McGovern, Talia and Hurley are right alongside him for various reasons. Don't pretend the hype around Rance isn't OTT, he's a fine player but he gets ridiculously overhyped, sort of like Cyril did when he was in his prime.

No, I'm just pointing out why Rance gets on everyone's nerves. He's a very good player, I have no issue saying that. I think he's firmly in contention for the best key defender in the league right now but I also feel that players like McGovern, Talia and Hurley are right alongside him for various reasons. Don't pretend the hype around Rance isn't OTT, he's a fine player but he gets ridiculously overhyped, sort of like Cyril did when he was in his prime.
stopped reading at hurley :drunk:

Stopped reading at Talia.

Absolute horseshit.

Lance Franklin was feared and respected at Hawthorn. Dustin Martin has near universal recognition as a top 5 player in the game.

Max Gawn and Brodie Grundy are the best rucks in the league (interested to see how NicNat returns).

Cripps and Bontempelli might be the first picked in a hypothetical ‘build your own side’ list.

Rance isn’t hated because he’s playing for a Victorian side - he’s hated because he’s overrated as ****, and a diving clown.

I'd expect that kind of a response from a butt hurt Hurley fan :thumbsu:

Or perhaps it's due to the fact that he is overhyped by the media to the point whenever he does a basic defensive act that 99% of defenders playin AFL can do, commentators scream "OHHH ONLY ALEX RANCE CAN DO THAT!"

Oh look another Hurley fan ... common link clear for all to see :thumbsu:

Yeah clear link, all part of the 75% that understand McGovern is a better player than Rance.

Yeah clear link, all part of the 75% that understand McGovern is a better player than Rance.
I think Hurley and other players may have been affected by the injections they took as Hurley in particular has gone downhill.

I think your overating Hurley, he's just a big fat injury prone treetrunk really.Also word is GWS were happy to get high draft picks for Dylan Sheil as he didn't always follow the game plan i.e took too many shots at goal instead of passing it off.He is an apalling shot for goal.

Stopped reading at Talia.
Talia is still the best shut down defender in the game and is as ridiculously underrated as Rance is overhyped.
How does me being an Essendon supporter detract from the point I'm making? If you actually read what was said, you can actually understand. Richmond fans doubling down on this sort of thing only accentuates the point further. As a bomber fan I can understand where some angst over Walla can come from in regards to Bruce and BT blowing their loads over something basic he does that cheapens some of the amazing things he also does. Similar to Nic Nat for West Coast or Cyril was for Hawthorn, most of these fans understand that the player getting overhyped doesn't detract from the fact that they are very good players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talia is still the best shut down defender in the game and is as ridiculously underrated as Rance is overhyped.

How does me being an Essendon supporter detract from the point I'm making? If you actually read what was said, you can actually understand. Richmond fans doubling down on this sort of thing only accentuates the point further. As a bomber fan I can understand where some angst over Walla can come from in regards to Bruce and BT blowing their loads over something basic he does that cheapens some of the amazing things he also does. Similar to Nic Nat for West Coast or Cyril was for Hawthorn, most of these fans understand that the player getting overhyped doesn't detract from the fact that they are very good players.
No one who knows football would say Talia or Hurley are anywhere near Rance's level.I think you're suffering from Wayne Carey syndrome in which is people say Carey is overrated because you hate him so much
, because every time you play against him he slaughters you.

I think your overating Hurley, he's just a big fat injury prone treetrunk really.Also word is GWS were happy to get high draft picks for Dylan Sheil as he didn't always follow the game plan i.e took too many shots at goal instead of passing it off.He is an apalling shot for goal.

Which has what to do with the poll?

Ohhhhhhh never mind, you’re having a sook because you realised fans from 17 other clubs know how overrated Rance is.

Diving peaheart. Unlike others who readily admit he’s a decent player, I’d suggest he lacks the spine to be regarded as anything decent.

No one who knows football would say Talia or Hurley are anywhere near Rance's level.I think you're suffering from Wayne Carey syndrome in which is people say Carey is overrated because you hate him so much

Except overwhelmingly fans of 17 other clubs are voting in opposition to Rance.

But nah, sure, everyone ELSE is wrong...

Which has what to do with the poll?

Ohhhhhhh never mind, you’re having a sook because you realised fans from 17 other clubs know how overrated Rance is.

Diving peaheart. Unlike others who readily admit he’s a decent player, I’d suggest he lacks the spine to be regarded as anything decent.
could not have put it better.......diving,acting,jib.....

No Richmond fan would say that, you mean? Rance is a very good defender, among the best in the league at the moment. However he doesn't shut down opponents to the level Talia does, nor does he have Hurley's distribution. All four I mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses, and all four are very good key defenders. Just because you're insecure about Rance being overhyped, which he is, doesn't mean he isn't among the best.

No Richmond fan would say that, you mean? Rance is a very good defender, among the best in the league at the moment. However he doesn't shut down opponents to the level Talia does, nor does he have Hurley's distribution. All four I mentioned have their strengths and weaknesses, and all four are very good key defenders. Just because you're insecure about Rance being overhyped, which he is, doesn't mean he isn't among the best.
It's a badge of honour that people hate Rance.Why do you hate him? Because he is so good.I'll take Glen Jakovich's and all autralian selectors opinion before some bed ridden bigfooty hero!

It's a badge of honour that people hate Rance.Why do you hate him? Because he is so good.I'll take Glen Jakovich's and all autralian selectors opinion before some bed ridden bigfooty hero!
You see, there's your issue. You automatically think that anybody who dares criticize Rance hates him. I don't. If you actually use that brain I'm sure is in your head and read what I wrote you'd realize that I rate Rance, and have said so in nearly every response I've given to you. However due to the fact that you see that anybody who points out that Rance isn't perfect must "hate" him, you blind yourself from a perfectly reasonable discussion of how he's a very good key defender that has flaws like all of them do. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Rance is the best defender currently, but you don't seem to grasp that it's also reasonable to suggest that he's amongst a group of 3 others that have good claims to being that too.

You see, there's your issue. You automatically think that anybody who dares criticize Rance hates him. I don't. If you actually use that brain I'm sure is in your head and read what I wrote you'd realize that I rate Rance, and have said so in nearly every response I've given to you. However due to the fact that you see that anybody who points out that Rance isn't perfect must "hate" him, you blind yourself from a perfectly reasonable discussion of how he's a very good key defender that has flaws like all of them do. It's perfectly reasonable to think that Rance is the best defender currently, but you don't seem to grasp that it's also reasonable to suggest that he's amongst a group of 3 others that have good claims to being that too.
Look, most serious football watchers would agree that Rance plays both tall and small, he also is the quickest full back, unselfish, best anticipator in the game, terrific intercept mark, best spoiler in the game and best defensive leader in the game, that's why he was named All Australian captain .I think you're being a bit biased and not acknowledging his attributes.

Look, most serious football watchers would agree that Rance plays both tall and small, he also is the quickest full back, unselfish, best anticipator in the game, terrific intercept mark, best spoiler in the game and best defensive leader in the game, that's why he was named All Australian captain .I think you're being a bit biased and not acknowledging his attributes.
I think you're missing my point. He's an excellent key defender and he has displayed most of those attributes (I would argue Hurn is the best defensive leader in the game and that's why he was premiership captain, and Majak Daw is the quickest key defender in the game, but those are minor quibbles) however he has defensive fallibilities, that's why he's been well beaten several times this year and his distribution by foot isn't in the top 10 for key defenders in the game. You're accusing me of bias when all throughout I've said I rate Rance amongst the best key defenders in the game, but you can't admit he has competition for it. One of us in the discussion is clearly biased, yes, but it clearly isn't me.

essendon fans showing why theyre considered the dumbest and most delusional fan base in the afl

even their spuds are a graders ffs, must be why they have won so many finals since the early 2000s

Richmond have won a grand total of five finals since 2000.

Five.

Essendon has won eight.

And Essendon fans happily admit they’ve been s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back