McGovern vs Rance

Rance or McGovern

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 years and counting Jade LOL

Must hurt watching Richmond go straight past your rabble.

Hurt?

Like most Essendon fans I’m feeling pretty good about the state of our list, our commercial performance and finances.

Sitting here watching Richmond fans tell everyone they know nothing about footy, trying desperately to throw out drug references and the old ‘offended’...

And I’m hurt? LOL...

Hurt?

Like most Essendon fans I’m feeling pretty good about the state of our list, our commercial performance and finances.

Sitting here watching Richmond fans tell everyone they know nothing about footy, trying desperately to throw out drug references and the old ‘offended’...

And I’m hurt? LOL...
To be fair that illegal drug injecting program has set you back 5 to 7 years.At least you got rid of Goddard and got McDonald Tippunwoodi in.

To be fair that illegal drug injecting program has set you back 5 to 7 years.At least you got rid of Goddard and got McDonald Tippunwoodi in.

5 to 7 years hey?

Considering the immense changes made to our club, I’d suggest the saga has made us a better club.

No it was a terrible thing. But it had a silver lining.
On a less comic note, Joe Daniher is the forgotten man of football.He has potential to be as good, if not better than Mathew Lloyd imo.

What’s with the Essendon hype? They were woeful last season. Don’t think adding a B grade mid in Shiel will solve their problems.

LOL.

You might have actually been asking a serious question if you hadn't stuffed up with that pathetic troll attempt.

I'm going to make an assumption here and suggest you believe that both of the following statements are true:

1) There should be hype about Richmond
2) There shouldn't be hype about Essendon

Is there hype about Essendon? Sure, and that hype exists because, on paper, they'd have one of the strongest lists in the game. Now the reality is that 'on paper' isn't where football games are won, which is why most Essendon fans approach that hype with restraint, particularly considering they were as you put it 'woeful' last season.

As for Richmond, who the * do you think you are? You aren't the reigning premier. You're a side that got pantsed in a prelim, with a relatively average forward giving one of the guys in this poll an absolute bath. This is after you struggled to beat Essendon, struggled to beat the Cats, struggled to beat the Dogs in the run to the finals.

Richmond look like a meal to most decent sides right now. You're depth has been shed, and you had an absolutely blessed run with injuries in 2018, and you still failed.

LOL.

You might have actually been asking a serious question if you hadn't stuffed up with that pathetic troll attempt.

I'm going to make an assumption here and suggest you believe that both of the following statements are true:

Is there hype about Essendon? Sure, and that hype exists because, on paper, they'd have one of the strongest lists in the game. Now the reality is that 'on paper' isn't where football games are won, which is why most Essendon fans approach that hype with restraint, particularly considering they were as you put it 'woeful' last season.

As for Richmond, who the **** do you think you are? You aren't the reigning premier. You're a side that got pantsed in a prelim, with a relatively average forward giving one of the guys in this poll an absolute bath. This is after you struggled to beat Essendon, struggled to beat the Cats, struggled to beat the Dogs in the run to the finals.

Richmond look like a meal to most decent sides right now. You're depth has been shed, and you had an absolutely blessed run with injuries in 2018, and you still failed.
The facts are you have a good team on 'paper', whilst we finished on top of home and away ladder ,and won the flag the year before, and recruited the best recruit of the trade period. I think you'll find Tom Lynch is a bit better than Dylan 'shovel' Sheil .Sheil's personality will clash with a few of the bomber meatheads like Stringer an co

The facts are you have a good team on 'paper', whilst we finished on top of home and away ladder

And did what with that exactly? You beat Hawthorn, who were ultimately proven to be well out of their depth, and then got beat by the Pies like they were your daddy.

and won the flag the year before

So? Hawks won it in 2015, counted for jack s**t in 2017.

Dogs won it in 2016, counted for jack s**t in 2018.

Richmond won it in 2017, I'll let you finish...

and recruited the best recruit of the trade period.

Did you now?

You took one of the higher profile recruits. Not necessarily the best. Dylan Shiel, Chad Wingard, Tom Scully, Dan Hanneberry, Jesse Hogan, Steven May, Dayne Beams. All HIGHLY credentialed - you beating your chest about Tom Lynch being 'da best' doesn't make it so.

I think you'll find Tom Lynch is a bit better than Dylan 'shovel' Sheil .Sheil's personality will clash with a few of the bomber meatheads like Stringer an co

You mean as opposed to a captain that cuts and runs? Yeah... we're all quivering at the thought of that peaheart lining up in opposition.

And did what with that exactly? You beat Hawthorn, who were ultimately proven to be well out of their depth, and then got beat by the Pies like they were your daddy.

So? Hawks won it in 2015, counted for jack s**t in 2017.

Dogs won it in 2016, counted for jack s**t in 2018.

Richmond won it in 2017, I'll let you finish...

Did you now?

You took one of the higher profile recruits. Not necessarily the best. Dylan Shiel, Chad Wingard, Tom Scully, Dan Hanneberry, Jesse Hogan, Steven May, Dayne Beams. All HIGHLY credentialed - you beating your chest about Tom Lynch being 'da best' doesn't make it so.

You mean as opposed to a captain that cuts and runs? Yeah... we're all quivering at the thought of that peaheart lining up in opposition.
Are you comparing Tom Lynch with Hannebery and Scully? Lynch is by far the best recruit out of those others.Lynch entitled to leave an afl franchise club that was made to make money and has no history, supporters or meaning.I'd say he has better character than Jobe Watson, who showed his 'leadership' by convincing his younger teammates to be injected with 'supplements'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL.

As for Richmond, who the **** do you think you are? You aren't the reigning premier. You're a side that got pantsed in a prelim, with a relatively average forward giving one of the guys in this poll an absolute bath. This is after you struggled to beat Essendon, struggled to beat the Cats, struggled to beat the Dogs in the run to the finals.

Shiel is not an A grader. He’s well below the top echelon of midfielders. Please make your definition of A grader more stringent moving forward. It’s not very flattering to genuine superstar mids when they’re loosely grouped with players like Shiel.

We’ll have to agree to disagree with regards to your list. Your defence is average. I’m a big Saad fan but outside of him it’s underwhelming. Your midfield is below average. It was vanilla before Shiel so at the very least he will add another dynamic. Depth in this area is severely lacking, as is elite talent. Your forward line is good without being great. Your key forwards need to lift but I don’t mind one of your smalls (Fantasia). He’s decent enough.

De Goey is average? He’s one of the best up and coming players in the game. He had 10 touches and kicked 4.2 against us. Against you guys he had 20 touches and kicked 3.2. It looks like you struggled to contain him as well. As for the preliminary final, one game won’t define us. We were the minor premier and were the most dominant side all year. In fact, we got ourselves in a position where we could cruise in the last few games, which is why we rested players against Essendon (Cotchin, Prestia, Lambert and Astbury) but still got the job done.

We only lost four H&A games last season and added the biggest fish in the off-season. We also kept all of our draft picks and managed to grab a slider who was widely touted to be picked up around pick ten in the draft. I’m not quite sure what depth it is that you’re referring to but Conca, Miles, Stengle and C. Ellis played a total of 25 games between them this year. Lynch himself will cover that. In fact, Conca played 18 of those 25 so we’re essentially replacing Conca with Lynch. I’m bloody excited.

Geez these threads are pointless opinion pieces.
Facts are any supporter would have either player in their teams. Both are guns.
The only reason i have Rance over McGovern is he has been better for longer, but if McGovern walked into punt rd, I wouldn’t be complaining.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Geez these threads are pointless opinion pieces.
Facts are any supporter would have either player in their teams. Both are guns.
The only reason i have Rance over McGovern is he has been better for longer, but if McGovern walked into punt rd, I wouldn’t be complaining.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Except Essendon supporters, they dont want Rance because they are just bitter morons LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back