Votes: 99 34.7%
  • Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 132 46.3%

• Total voters
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Anyway, we're in basic agreement that McGrath is a long way from the top two in his draft class.
I'd say he'd be lucky to crack the Top 10 in retrospect, on current form alone....He's looking like the 'Luke Ball' option of the Hodge/Ball/Judd triumvirate....Cept he went at pick 1 rather than 2.....Youch.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
Ch7 commentators/AFL gurus on Friday night have McGrath ahead of these two so I think they'd know more than a few of you who are just trolls who hate Essendon...... I'll take their word for it over yours:cool:

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Essendon have completely trashed the development of McGrath. He isn't a shadow of the other two.

Essendon is a wasteland for developing mids. They all become soft, selfish, one-way running, accumulators. Who on earth puts fear in the opposition with their midfield group?

McGrath isn't even at that point yet because they went out and got another 10 of the above to push him 12 deep.

Abasi

WINGED GOD
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Spurs, Socceroos
Moderator #207
Ch7 commentators/AFL gurus on Friday night have McGrath ahead of these two so I think they'd know more than a few of you who are just trolls who hate Essendon...... I'll take their word for it over yours:cool:
Then they've once again proved that they're complete idiots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

richoatthedisco

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Bit harsh, I'd have him hovering around 10. Who are the 19 ahead of him?
Taranto, McCluggage, Ainsworth, Petrevski-Seton, Bowes, Florent, Venables, Simpkin, Marshall, Berry, Powell-Pepper, English, Hayward, Witherden, Parfitt, Bolton, Fisher, Drew, Darcy, Stewart, Graham, B.Cox, Ratugolea, Himmelberg, Rioli, Williamson, Ryan.

How many's that?

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Channel 7 commentators are commentators not experts and most are clueless.

AFL coache' votes leader board

57 Tim Kelly
52 Patrick Cripps
49 Brodie Grundy
44 Marcus Bontempelli
44 Lachlan Neale
40 Luke Shuey
38 Scott Pendlebury
37 Gary Ablett
37 Travis Boak
36 Ben Cunnington
36 Nat Fyfe
36 Lachie Whitfield
36 Elliot Yeo
34 Tim Taranto
32 Ricky Henderson
31 Hugh McCluggage
29 Jeremy Cameron
29 Patrick Dangerfield
29 Max Gawn
29 Rory Sloane

Oraaaaazio

Club Legend
AFL Club
Essendon
McGrath gets it done again! Those saying commentators aren't experts are headless... why are ex AFL players paid for their insight? cause they're experts, they know more than you, have watched more than you & played more than you at a higher level, it's not personal they just aren't shelling out millions per year for blokes to not know what they're talking about :$

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
McGrath gets it done again! Those saying commentators aren't experts are headless... why are ex AFL players paid for their insight? cause they're experts, they know more than you, have watched more than you & played more than you at a higher level, it's not personal they just aren't shelling out millions per year for blokes to not know what they're talking about :$
WOW-WEE.

carnthedons

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah, some times they are. They’re paid ludicrous sums because of who they are and the name recognition they bring (Ling, Taylor, Richo, Darce et al.)

McGrath is a very good and promising young player not currently playing to the level of the other two. No shame in that. He’s only just 21 with 50 games under his belt so plenty of time to improve. His biggest issue is he seems to think he’s under more pressure than he is so he gets rid of the ball too quickly. Had some nice moments against the blues where he weaved through traffic and hit bullet passes but Carlton are hardly the measuring stick. He’s the safe pick of the three and is playing out that way, I still think he plays 250+, captains the club but not sure where he settles down. IMO his ideal role would be that Ablett/Gray mid-fwd thing, but not sure what the coaches have planned.

Top Bottom