• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 174 45.2%

• Total voters

Kent Brockman

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The big three from 2017 have all made a big impact in the first two years of their careers. McGrath won the Rising Star award last season, but Taranto and McCluggage have had great years (despite receiving minimal media attention). If you could do a redraft, who would you take with #1?

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
other than going top 3 in the same draft, there isn't much to compare these guys with.

McGrath is the quickest and most agile of the bunch. And he is exceptional defensively
Taranto is an excellent inside mid, with strong tackling, extraction skills, etc and a calm head under pressure
McCluggage is the line breaking, goal scoring flanker/mid.

Very happy with McGrath. Would have been just as happy with Taranto (though we have a similar type in Langford), or McCluggage (though Stringer, Smith, Fanta and Colyer play similar roles).

Kent Brockman

Team Captain
Aug 22, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
other than going top 3 in the same draft, there isn't much to compare these guys with.

McGrath is the quickest and most agile of the bunch. And he is exceptional defensively
Taranto is an excellent inside mid, with strong tackling, extraction skills, etc and a calm head under pressure
McCluggage is the line breaking, goal scoring flanker/mid.

Very happy with McGrath. Would have been just as happy with Taranto (though we have a similar type in Langford), or McCluggage (though Stringer, Smith, Fanta and Colyer play similar roles).

I think this is a poor comparison for Clugga - he is playing predominantly in the midfield, and racks up the best GPS stats almost every game.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
I think this is a poor comparison for Clugga - he is playing predominantly in the midfield, and racks up the best GPS stats almost every game.
we don't really have many mids that spend that much time in the middle that kick goals....in fact, we have none.
I don't think they're similar, but play a similar role.

I can see why we didn't go him - but i wouldn't have been sad with either 3.

Back