• Andrew McGrath

Votes: 64 16.6%
  • Tim Taranto

Votes: 147 38.1%
  • Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 175 45.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch7 commentators/AFL gurus on Friday night have McGrath ahead of these two so I think they'd know more than a few of you who are just trolls who hate Essendon...... I'll take their word for it over yours:cool:
You heard it wrong. Not even the 7 crew are that dumb.

Essendon have completely trashed the development of McGrath. He isn't a shadow of the other two.

Essendon is a wasteland for developing mids. They all become soft, selfish, one-way running, accumulators. Who on earth puts fear in the opposition with their midfield group?

McGrath isn't even at that point yet because they went out and got another 10 of the above to push him 12 deep.

Ch7 commentators/AFL gurus on Friday night have McGrath ahead of these two so I think they'd know more than a few of you who are just trolls who hate Essendon...... I'll take their word for it over yours:cool:
Then they've once again proved that they're complete idiots.

Bit harsh, I'd have him hovering around 10. Who are the 19 ahead of him?
Taranto, McCluggage, Ainsworth, Petrevski-Seton, Bowes, Florent, Venables, Simpkin, Marshall, Berry, Powell-Pepper, English, Hayward, Witherden, Parfitt, Bolton, Fisher, Drew, Darcy, Stewart, Graham, B.Cox, Ratugolea, Himmelberg, Rioli, Williamson, Ryan.

How many's that?

random on bigfooty < ch7 commentators thanks though
No.

Even your own supporters are questioning his drafting as he has little impact compared to others taken after him.

Channel 7 commentators are commentators not experts and most are clueless.

AFL coache' votes leader board

57 Tim Kelly
52 Patrick Cripps
49 Brodie Grundy
44 Marcus Bontempelli
44 Lachlan Neale
40 Luke Shuey
38 Scott Pendlebury
37 Gary Ablett
37 Travis Boak
36 Ben Cunnington
36 Nat Fyfe
36 Lachie Whitfield
36 Elliot Yeo
34 Tim Taranto
32 Ricky Henderson
31 Hugh McCluggage
29 Jeremy Cameron
29 Patrick Dangerfield
29 Max Gawn
29 Rory Sloane

McGrath gets it done again! Those saying commentators aren't experts are headless... why are ex AFL players paid for their insight? cause they're experts, they know more than you, have watched more than you & played more than you at a higher level, it's not personal they just aren't shelling out millions per year for blokes to not know what they're talking about :$

WOW-WEE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGrath gets it done again! Those saying commentators aren't experts are headless... why are ex AFL players paid for their insight? cause they're experts, they know more than you, have watched more than you & played more than you at a higher level, it's not personal they just aren't shelling out millions per year for blokes to not know what they're talking about :$
Yeah, some times they are. They’re paid ludicrous sums because of who they are and the name recognition they bring (Ling, Taylor, Richo, Darce et al.)

McGrath is a very good and promising young player not currently playing to the level of the other two. No shame in that. He’s only just 21 with 50 games under his belt so plenty of time to improve. His biggest issue is he seems to think he’s under more pressure than he is so he gets rid of the ball too quickly. Had some nice moments against the blues where he weaved through traffic and hit bullet passes but Carlton are hardly the measuring stick. He’s the safe pick of the three and is playing out that way, I still think he plays 250+, captains the club but not sure where he settles down. IMO his ideal role would be that Ablett/Gray mid-fwd thing, but not sure what the coaches have planned.

McGrath out early now Taranto and Clug have caught and past him but I do believe McGrath will hit back and catch again.

Clug and Taranto are already playing their favorite roles at AFL level, Whoosh and the coaches are still experimenting with Andy, He's still so under utilized in the middle especially at center bounces.

Maybe end of 2020 this debate will be clear?

This thread should be worth a look for the next ten years. All three are coming along beautifully.
I think McCluggage will be the best of the three but it could go either way and all will be AAs at some stage imo. Possibly captains as well

Yeah, some times they are. They’re paid ludicrous sums because of who they are and the name recognition they bring (Ling, Taylor, Richo, Darce et al.)

McGrath is a very good and promising young player not currently playing to the level of the other two. No shame in that. He’s only just 21 with 50 games under his belt so plenty of time to improve. His biggest issue is he seems to think he’s under more pressure than he is so he gets rid of the ball too quickly. Had some nice moments against the blues where he weaved through traffic and hit bullet passes but Carlton are hardly the measuring stick. He’s the safe pick of the three and is playing out that way, I still think he plays 250+, captains the club but not sure where he settles down. IMO his ideal role would be that Ablett/Gray mid-fwd thing, but not sure what the coaches have planned.
I agree with most of this, but they were all safe picks.

Back