RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Definitely stood out last night, certainly with his effort. Few terrible decisions going forward but he wasn't alone in that regard and didn't let it stop him having a go.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
You implied that he's an extremely outside player which is false?

He had 27 touches and 19 pressure acts fwiw.
I didn't imply it, you inferred it. I just made the accurate observation that he played very wide. He was more inside on Saturday night and was very good. I'm a huge fan and have been since his draft year.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
McGrath has very limited scope, 1m handball king

Will be behind SPS and Setterfield by seasons end.

Doro taking him over McLuggage and Taranto is criminal and in conjunction with Francis and Parish the year before will be the main reason the Dons won’t win a flag with this group.

TonaldDrump

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
McGrath has very limited scope, 1m handball king

Will be behind SPS and Setterfield by seasons end.

Doro taking him over McLuggage and Taranto is criminal and in conjunction with Francis and Parish the year before will be the main reason the Dons won’t win a flag with this group.
Eh, 4/10 bait.

Weiterbot23

Cancelled
Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2016 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2009 Player Sponsor
Oct 7, 2008
Yarraville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC
Eh, 4/10 bait.

Add Curnow and McKay to your side instead of parish and Francis, then Mcluggage for McGrath.

Trade Daniher to Sydney for 4 and 8 and get Wines or a Crouch (plus change)

You would be flag favorites next year

2015 and 2016 drafts killed you

TonaldDrump

Team Captain
Nov 30, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Add Curnow and McKay to your side instead of parish and Francis, then Mcluggage for McGrath.

Trade Daniher to Sydney for 4 and 8 and get Wines or a Crouch (plus change)

You would be flag favorites next year

2015 and 2016 drafts killed you
Ouch. Please stop attacking my club. Your insults are very sophisticated and they hurt my feelings.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Sometimes watching McCluggage you wonder if hes secretly mastered phasing the way he just side steps 1-3 players and is suddenly going a different direction.

He reminds me so much of Elliot Yeo the way he moves. Imagine if you still had him too.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Taranto is about to win the Gary Ayres medal.
McCluggage made the All Australian squad.

They've pulled ahead of McGrath by a decent length now. Andy did play a great final when the rest of his team couldn't, so there is still hope for him yet.

So with McCluggage as a proper Wing and Tarranto the Inside Mid, McGrath is...Sort of the half back flanker come midfielder a bit?

Fair to say its:
Tarranto
McCluggage
McGrath going into 2020.

Not sure Taranto is ahead of McCluggage. Tarranto has a heap of talent and is a gun, but imo lacks the disposal efficiency to be considered better than Clugg. He's on the lower side even for an inside mid.

Not sure Taranto is ahead of McCluggage. Tarranto has a heap of talent and is a gun, but imo lacks the disposal efficiency to be considered better than Clugg. He's on the lower side even for an inside mid.

They are close, and McCluggage does have the All AA over him, but extractors are probably more important than dishers imo

Back