Mr_Moogle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Nice. I figured we'd lock in Sholl and McHenry. I haven't been following Hamill that closely.

Hopefully Jones will follow soon.

Squiba

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Probably a vote of confidence, AFC saying something toabout the effect of:

"Look, we know you haven't got any opportunity at the highest level yet, and that chance may not come at all this season, but we are very happy with the progress of all 3 of you. We are backing you all in, just trust us to do the best we can by you for your development as players".

Hopefully we can add to the extensions if Jones soon. We have some very talented kids.

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
All three already very promising so this is a solid move, and it'll instill further confidence in them as well going forward. Hamill in particular is someone who'll need that extra time but the potential result could become a player of a very high quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1990crow

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 31, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pretty safe to say that we expected to lose last night and that this was the morning-after good news :p
Should’ve saved it for the Geelong game! Unless that’s saved for Jones

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
Wherever the ESH clubrooms are
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
Several should be though
Of course. It's inevitable North, Bulldogs, Saints will leave Victoria at some point. The rest are a bit more questionable. Hawks/Tigers/Collingwood/Geelong are powerhouses. Essendon/Carlton have the backing to be powerhouses, and Melboune is probably locked to Victoria.

Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
Wherever the ESH clubrooms are
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
Stars seem to be aligning though. North hawthorn deals expire in 21, new tv deal in 23. Gil is at the very least humouring a bid.
They'll humoured it but there really isn't a reason to accept a bid. Tasmania isn't a new market, and it'd be more akin to relocating fans from 1 team to another.

ABAB

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Stars seem to be aligning though. North hawthorn deals expire in 21, new tv deal in 23. Gil is at the very least humouring a bid.
After the money they have already spent on GC and GWS, and it's yet to be a success, I doubt they will look at Tasmania in at least 10 years.

Top Bottom