McLeod Outed - GROAN !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Re: Re: Re: Changes V Power

Originally posted by Jars458

Poulton struggles at SANFL level in pressure games (last years finals anyone?)

YOu need to watch more Port finals me thinks.
- He was brilliant in 1997 finals...was one of our best players in the 97 2nd semi v Norwood. He had about 10 touches and 5 marks in the crucial last term and stemmed many a redleg attack.
- He was named in our best players in our 61 point drubbing of Centrals in the Elimination Final in 98.
- He was named as our third best player in our 76 point drubbing of Norwood in the first semi final
- He was named in our best players in our 77 point drubbing of West in the Preliminary final
- He was in our top 3 players in the 98 Grand Final against Sturt.
He was added to the Port Power senior list on his finals series in 98.
- He was one of our best players in the 99 2nd semi 43 point victory over WWT.
- He was named in our best players in the 99 Grand Final

I dont have any stats on the 2000 finals series, or last years.
To say he does not play well in pressure games is simply false.

Tredders - How do you work out the 1-0 to Macca? Do you seriously think Poulton would not get cut up if he picked up McLeod. Poulton is a great trier, but his skill clearly are not up to AFL standard. Very useful at SANFL level though as Macca so eloquently pointed out.

On Mead, he has been a great Port servant, but IMO is past his best. Wakelin, Paxman (when fit), Bishop, Thurstans & S Bassett are all better options. I certainly am not claiming that Hewitt has been a better player than Mead over his AFL career (as this would clearly be one-eyed), but IMO Hewitt was better @ CHB last year than Mead.

Also, whilst it is ideal for an AFL listed player to dominate at SANFL level, this does not always occur (eg. Pitman never really dominated on a consistent basis for Norwood). Lack of domination at SANFL level (although Hewitt did kick 2.3 last week) does not mean the player can't step up to AFL. Also, there have been many players who have done very well in the SANFL who have struggled to step-up to AFL level (eg. Adam Richardson). So form in the 2 leagues does not necessarily go hand in hand.

Originally posted by Kane McGoodwin
IMO Hewitt was better @ CHB last year than Mead.

I would dispute that, for a start Hewitt only palyed a handful of games at CHB.

Mead and Paxman were the cornerstones of our defence last year. Mead may not keep the Careys et al down to 2-3 marks any more, but he is still a consistent performer, and as far as value to the team goes he would be a long way ahead of Hewitt.

From what I saw of hewitt's games at CHB (probably all but the Hawthorn game) he wasn't anything more than an honest trier, and I think you'd be hard pressed to say that Mead was worse than that.

Originally posted by Tredders#16
Hehehe

Macca 1
Jars 0

Tredders#16

Whatever

i think last year is more relevant than previous years. As that determined more how he is playing NOW

He was awful

So 99 he played well - so did S Silvagni - but he is now retired

And of course Tredders you would be a neutral umpire to decide the score

Poulton is not up it and certainly not good enough to play on McLeod

Whatever

i think last year is more relevant than previous years. As that determined more how he is playing NOW

He was awful

So 99 he played well - so did S Silvagni - but he is now retired

You never said what years. You made a rather wide statement saying "Poulton doesnt play well in pressure games"...i gave you 7 or 8 examples where that is not the case!

Originally posted by Macca19

You never said what years. You made a rather wide statement saying "Poulton doesnt play well in pressure games"...i gave you 7 or 8 examples where that is not the case!

The context was Poulton playing on McLeod.

I said

This is a clear reference to last year as I could make it without spelling it out.

Macca - would you play Poulton on McLeod?

Originally posted by Santos L Helper

When will you learn? Maybe your going for 'three times a charm' when it comes to bagging Tredrea? You've probably guaranteed a 15 mark 4 goal game by the champ.
and 8 points

Macca - would you play Poulton on McLeod?

wouldnt be my first choice player no. I cant remember Poults playing many tagging roles before either. However...he probably has the pace to run with Mcleod and has good defensive attributes.

Re: Changes V Power

Well there are going to be at least 2 changes with Bunji & Beinks out. I believe we need 2 run-with players to tackle Nick Stevens & particularly Francou. Stenglein should play on one of them, which would mean either Nelson or Shirley should come in to the side. If Gags is decent form, he should come in to the side as well. Also, I would like to see Hewitt come in, possibly for Schell. He has been in decent form for Norwood & could do the job on Tredrea, which woud allow us to send Perrie forward.

Forget about Shirley:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No question Mead has the runs on the board over Hewitt

This is typical Crow fan talk of hoping a player will be much better than he is

If he can't dominate in the SANFL he can be no more than a below average AFL player

The Ins should be James Gallagher and Ben Nelson

As for who is favourite - If Primus plays - Definitley Port

If not - its 50/50.
You can forget about Nelson too. His namesake might only of had one arm,but at least he was quick on his feet

I nominate this for the stupidest post ever on Bigfooty - yes you outwit Dan, the Butcher, Fat Alfred, the Peanut Gallery

Take out Mcleod - you truly are a peanut

Jars i, not only nominate your comment (as the stupidest ever, - now that can be the above or the Hewitt on Tredrea gem) but also crown you the person least likely to comprehend sarcasm.

Please Jars, i was trying to come up with something to out do your absurdly ridiculous & hilariously funny Hewitt on Tredrea call. Seems sarcasm is just a bit much for your good self. Sorry i didn't put a "big grin" or a "wink" next to my statement, i didn't think it was really necessary.

Sorry Macca, i didn't think you would pick up the loose ball and run with it. However, i think you might just of been pointing out the Jars was wrong when saying that Poults can't handle pressure. If that was the case rather than saying that indeed Poults could blanket McLeod then it must be:

Macca 1
Jars 0

Originally posted by Macca19

wouldnt be my first choice player no. I cant remember Poults playing many tagging roles before either. However...he probably has the pace to run with Mcleod and has good defensive attributes.

Poults could also distract McLeod by comparing their tatts! :D (that's for you Jars);) (again for you Jars).

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Changes V Power

Originally posted by Eago77

Jars i, not only nominate your comment (as the stupidest ever, - now that can be the above or the Hewitt on Tredrea gem) but also crown you the person least likely to comprehend sarcasm.

Please Jars, i was trying to come up with something to out do your absurdly ridiculous & hilariously funny Hewitt on Tredrea call. Seems sarcasm is just a bit much for your good self. Sorry i didn't put a "big grin" or a "wink" next to my statement, i didn't think it was really necessary.

Sorry Macca, i didn't think you would pick up the loose ball and run with it. However, i think you might just of been pointing out the Jars was wrong when saying that Poults can't handle pressure. If that was the case rather than saying that indeed Poults could blanket McLeod then it must be:

Macca 1
Jars 0

Ermmm, I think you should read things more carefully my boy

I never said Hewitt on Tredrea, I actually said:

"No question Mead has the runs on the board over Hewitt

If he can't dominate in the SANFL he can be no more than a below average AFL player

The Ins should be James Gallagher and Ben Nelson"

Apology will be accepted when forthcoming Eago.

Also, it is very hard to get sarcasm with some Port supporters, considering how delusional most of them are!!;)

Tredders - How do you work out the 1-0 to Macca... Very useful at SANFL level though as Macca so eloquently pointed out.

Why do I need to justify what I said when u have done it for me beautifully in your post!

Tredders#16

Tredders - I could easily misrepresent what you have said to if I selectively edited your posts. So don't do it to me *****head, or I'll start doing it you! My original quote was

Tredders - How do you work out the 1-0 to Macca? Do you seriously think Poulton would not get cut up if he picked up McLeod. Poulton is a great trier, but his skill clearly are not up to AFL standard. Very useful at SANFL level though as Macca so eloquently pointed out.

IMO, Poulton will never make it as a consistent AFL player as he has not got the ability to take the extra step from SANFL level. I would love to see him line-up on McLeod - it would be a masacre (just a pity it can't happen this WE)!

Jars458 - I think bringing in Hewitt is more my opinion than the average Crows supporter. I believe he more useful than Schell - not as a forward, but it would allow Perrie to go forward (who would be a more dangerous target than Schell). Also, I believe Smart should take Tredrea, where Hewitt would match-up on the resting ruckman. Also, I mentioned Mead has achieved more than Hewitt in the AFL - but IMO Hewitt did equally well last year WHEN playing @ CHB (but not up forward).

Also, I agree Gallagher & Nelson should also come into the side. IMO we need a 2nd run-with player this week (along with Stinger) to matchup on Francou & Nick Stevens.

Your right Kane.

Perrie is a real workhorse who finds space as a forward.
At the moment Id run Shcell off the wing in short bursts, Play Hewitt at CHB and Perrie up forward.

Still think Nelson hasnt got the pace to match Ports.
Gallagher will have no question:D

Who does that leave excluding Shir, Shirley,etc

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Changes V Power

Ermmm, I think you should read things more carefully my boy

I never said Hewitt on Tredrea, I actually said:

"No question Mead has the runs on the board over Hewitt

The Ins should be James Gallagher and Ben Nelson"

Apology will be accepted when forthcoming Eago.

Also, it is very hard to get sarcasm with some Port supporters, considering how delusional most of them are!!;)

Sorry for misquoting you it was actually Kane Notplayingthisweekwin that suggested the absurd Hewitt on Tredrea move, not you.

There thats your apology. The sarcasm comment will still remain!!;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back