MRP / Trib. McPhee Cleared Over Jumper Punch

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see we're on the right side of the 'insufficient force' ruling for once.

All that money on McPhee for the Brownlow can rest easily.

In other news -

Other incidents assessed: Contact between the Sydney Swans' Ben McGlynn and umpire Dean Margetts from the conclusion of Friday's match was assessed. McGlynn places his hands on the umpire briefly but the umpire did not pay a free kick for the contact and did not report the contact occurring, as part of his review of the game. It was the view of the panel the contact made by McGlynn did not interfere with the umpire performing his duties. The assessment of the panel was that there was minimal to negligible contact and the action was not in any way demonstrative or threatening towards the umpire. No further action was taken.

Point to note - Margetts isn't against a brief touching up as long as it doesn't interfere with his duties.

mcphee should have punched him harder softer than a girl playing auskick , he gave luke mcpharlin a spray about staging for a free kick . then again he should know all about that

In a whiny bitch pre pubescent voice, let's call it "offended in A Minor"

DID YOU SEE THAT?
DID YOU SEE THAT?
HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT?
DID YOU SEE THAT? YOU WERE STANDING RIGHT THERE, HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT?
YOU WERE STANDING RIGHT THERE, HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT?

Bridge: URRURURURURWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Chorus, played concurrently with the sound of a walrus clapping for a fish.......:
DID YOU SEE THAT?
DID YOU SEE THAT? YOU WERE STANDING RIGHT THERE, HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THAT?

Lights.

--------
Used to think he was a handy footballer, wanted him in our side. That was until I learned he was a walrus sounding little bitch.

McPhee was a bit shaky the other night, did some of his crazy s**t that scares me.
I have a bloke sitting near me and every time McPhee gets it he starts yelling "here we go, now he'll kick it backwards, what the hell are you doing?". I've started saying, calmly when he does, "it's called switching the play, see, they move it to the other side, then go forward." Education is the key!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McPhee was a bit shaky the other night, did some of his crazy s**t that scares me.
I have a bloke sitting near me and every time McPhee gets it he starts yelling "here we go, now he'll kick it backwards, what the hell are you doing?". I've started saying, calmly when he does, "it's called switching the play, see, they move it to the other side, then go forward." Education is the key!

Has it worked? If so, I might need you to come and sort the bloke out that sits next to me. I can't seem to get through to him.

Has it worked? If so, I might need you to come and sort the bloke out that sits next to me. I can't seem to get through to him.
It actually has a bit. I'm a bit of guru in my little patch cause I know every player and new ones when they come in. I point them out in the warmup, tell everyone their number and give them a brief bio and what we might expect to see from them. Because I discuss the game so calmly and impartially people have started asking me when there is a free, if it was there (I watch with binoculars a lot). The bloke who yells at McPhee is actually a pretty nice old fella and the rest of us are all pretty calm so he's chilling out a bit, getting into the vibe of the thing.

It actually has a bit. I'm a bit of guru in my little patch cause I know every player and new ones when they come in. I point them out in the warmup, tell everyone their number and give them a brief bio and what we might expect to see from them. Because I discuss the game so calmly and impartially people have started asking me when there is a free, if it was there (I watch with binoculars a lot). The bloke who yells at McPhee is actually a pretty nice old fella and the rest of us are all pretty calm so he's chilling out a bit, getting into the vibe of the thing.

Good work EShed. I used to perform a similar role a couple of years ago when I could go to most games. Guru is probably going to far, but I did manage to calm a couple of no-idea types around me. Though there were always those in earshot, but basically out of reach for the 'calm conversation' type thing.

I remember one game against Adl where the ball just repeatedly kept getting rebounded from our HF area. Lots of people 'round me we're doing their head in blaming individual players etc. In a quieter moment when the play was moving a bit slower while we had just got the ball, I told a few around me to look at the overall spread of the field at that point and see how organised Adl were compared to us. We were bunched and our mids in particular where too tight on the ball, Adelaide were organised and had a perfect spread of options and movement, in less than 10 seconds the ball was up their end and they scored a goal.

One of the beauties of actually going to the game is being able to pick up that stuff, getting people to look at it can help calm things down a bit and ease the hate that some players get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back