News McPherson and Worrell re-sign

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide

Two year deals for both of them
Worrell clearly not as homesick as those rumours led us to believe and clearly isn’t cracking the sads at not getting game within his first season

madstar

Team Captain
Aug 15, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aren’t McCasey and Worrell best mates? Or was this exaggerated during the draft year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Great news.

Moose has already proven himself to be capable at the level, and Worrell will do soon enough.

Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Really happy Worrell signed on. He looks to have bought in. Would have been tough for all the draftees last year.

Moose already brings 150 games of experience. Great lad.

Excellent news (and nice timing too ;) )

The Moose is my favourite of the newbies, while Worrell is the type of player our side is desperately lacking. Hope he gets AFL games this year.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Bloody great news!

Worrell has just upgraded from a flaky flanker to a Darcy Moore-esque future CHB star.

very good news this.

Who is now left in terms of priority signings?

McAsey
M Crouch

TEX?..just kidding

Priority signings:
Doedee
ROB
McAdam

Should get done during the year:
Butts
Gollant

Easy delistings:
Mackay
Stengle
Seedsman
Davis
Walker (retire)
Lynch (retire)

McAsey, Fog and Mrouch the interesting ones.

very good news this.

McAsey
M Crouch

TEX?..just kidding

McAsey, Butts, O'Brien, Doedee, McAdam for me.

BrissyCrow

Premium Platinum
Mar 20, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg & Most Other Tiger Teams
This is great news from the club. Getting these signatures done early is also a great sign that things inside the club are changing. Will be interesting to see if McAsey signs on. Feel Butts, OBrien, Doedee and Mcadam will stay as well.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Worrell clearly not as homesick as those rumours led us to believe and clearly isn’t cracking the sads at not getting game within his first season
I think its no secret he was unhappy after his first year. But that's obviously turned around fully, which is excellent to hear. Hopefully McAstey is following as well.
Worrell has some talent, so would have been disappointing if he left.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
very good news this.

McAsey
M Crouch

TEX?..just kidding
Tex will get another year... if Mookay can keep getting a year extention year after year then Tex will atleast get one..

I sort of hope he does even if he spends it in a player/coach/mentoring role for the SANFL team..

Lynch can go help coach the womens team..

Dont know that I like the idea of both tex and Lynch playing on next year..

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
This is great news from the club. Getting these signatures done early is also a great sign that things inside the club are changing. Will be interesting to see if McAsey signs on. Feel Butts, OBrien, Doedee and Mcadam will stay as well.
McAsey is probably thinking that if he re-signs right now for a further two years that the club will immediately feel confident that he is locked in and will send him back to the SANFL for this year to find form and build confidence playing against fully grown men.. which is exactly what he needs..

The club is probably thinking that if they do send him back to play in the SANFL for the year that McAsey, and his parents, may take it as an insult and that the club doesnt rate him.. and it may result in him asking for a trade to a vic club willing to give him more opportunity to play AFL..

Its a bit of a sticky situation for both parties to be in at the moment.

Back