News McPherson and Worrell re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

Two Three Four Five wrongs doesn't make a right.

Ah bugger it, I agree we seem to hand out 5 years deals like lollipops might as well give one to Doedee.
Since 2016 - Jenkins, Sloane, Milera, Laird...who else? There must be 7 or 8 other players yeah if we "hand out 5 years deals like lollipops"?

How long did Betts, Talia & Walker get? I honestly can't remember, but none of them were less than 3 years.

I believe Betts was 4 years initial contract, then a 3 year extension.

Talia was a 5 year deal

Walker was a 3 year deal, signed one year before he came out of contract

I believe Betts was 4 years initial contract, then a 3 year extension.
How long did he have to go on his initial contract, when he signed the extension? Given that we're paying him to play at Carlton for 2 years...
Talia was a 5 year deal
So he needs to be added to the list.
Walker was a 3 year deal, signed one year before he came out of contract
Effectively a 4 year contract then... Not quite the 5 years "like lollipops" contract, but not far short.

How long did he have to go on his initial contract, when he signed the extension? Given that we're paying him to play at Carlton for 2 years...

So he needs to be added to the list.

Effectively a 4 year contract then... Not quite the 5 years "like lollipops" contract, but not far short.

Just paid Betts to play at Carlton for 1 year. It was Jenkins we are paying to play at Geelong for 2 years.

On Betts it was signed right at the start of 2017, so he was out of contract end of that year.

How long did Betts, Talia & Walker get? I honestly can't remember, but none of them were less than 3 years.
Betts was 4 initially (tick), then 3 years
Talia got 5 years (2016-2021) - best add this to the disastrous deals Reid has done
Walker 4 years 92017-2021) - coming off 2x best captain awards

So we have identified 5x5 year deals since 2016....handed out like lollipops at the dentist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And aren't both of those deals paying off in spades right now.

Yup. Always the risk of such contracts.

You've got to do it for the kids you rate, and it's safe to say at the time both were signed, they were going to be key pillars of this club. Things can go wrong though with these deals though.

Chayce Jones only got a 3 year contract extension

Fairo. It looks like when it happened threw me seeing he had a year and a half initially remaining on his deal. :thumbsu:

From what I've seen, I think he could become a Darcy Moore type players in our back line.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think he's more the Justin Westhoff type minus the ruck bit personally, a very good swingman, or if we're talking purely as a defender Dylan Grimes perhaps.

The bad deals the club did recently in no particular order:
Jenkins
Gibbs
Lynch
Sloane
Betts(the last extension)
Walker(the amount$$)
Milera
Frampton

The bad deals the club did recently in no particular order:
Jenkins
Gibbs