News McPherson and Worrell re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's more the Justin Westhoff type minus the ruck bit personally, a very good swingman, or if we're talking purely as a defender Dylan Grimes perhaps.
You've got a better eye then me but I don't see the Westhoff comparison, but Dylan Grimes, 193 really athletic I can see...sould be stoked if he came near that level.

Hope we start getting games into him. From his interview while signing, I think they are making him work extra hard to get into the team from his drink driving charge.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chayce Jones' extension is starting to look way too long.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eh it's the risk of locking up kids you think will be important in the future to long contracts.

Some flame out, if Chayce ends up being one of those, he certainly won't be alone in this rebuild (or any really).

That would seem like a situation that could be pretty easily resolved with an honest conversation. If the club and players are tiptoeing around each other like that instead of just making their respective positions clear then we've got more problems than I thought. When McAsey (or any player) gets dropped, surely the coaches are giving them feedback on why and letting them know what they need to improve to get back in?

In any case, if a guy is fit and not getting a game at arguably the worst team in the comp, it's hard to see him finding it any easier to get a game at a better club (which is pretty much all of them), so I doubt opportunity is much of a carrot for any other team to dangle in front of him. More likely it would be the usual stuff that sends Vic players back there ie closer to home / family, more off-field earning potential etc

other clubs play their high end draft picks more than a handful of games in 2 blocks for the first 2-3 years. If he ends up elsewhere he’ll be getting played. Nothing is more certain.

You can be very hard to read at times, Hate giving a 5 year contract to our best player and two time AA who is actually durable, but happy to give someone that has played 30 games has been injured for 2 years a 7 year contract. I love Doedee, but that would be irresponsible until he’s shown some durability over these next two seasons.

Been injured for one season and half a dozen games. He could have returned for the last couple last year but they chose to put him on ice. Played 9 games, has not missed 2 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

other clubs play their high end draft picks more than a handful of games in 2 blocks for the first 2-3 years. If he ends up elsewhere he’ll be getting played. Nothing is more certain.

You do realize that only Anderson and Serong have played more games
out of those 2019 top ten draft picks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Games played by 2019 1st round draftees:

1​
1​
6​
1​
2​
18​
1​
3​
7​
1​
4​
GWS
GWS
13​
1​
5​
8​
1​
6​
10​
1​
7​
6​
1​
8​
15​
1​
9​
4​
1​
10​
GWS
GWS
7​
1​
11​
5​
1​
12​
15​
1​
13​
12​
1​
14​
1​
1​
15​
3​
1​
16​
Cooper Stephens​
0​
1​
17​
Brodie Kemp​
0​
1​
18​
7​
1​
19​
Sam De Koning​
0​
1​
20​
2​
1​
21​
2​
1​
22​
1​

source: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2019&t=N&s=P

Fair to say that Rowell would have played more, if he wasn't injured. 3 haven't even played a single game.

Only 3 of the top-10, and only 5 players in the entire 1st round, have played more than McAsey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back