Toast McRae era (2022-) = see OP

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching Fly on 360 tonight, I’m still blown by away by how good this guy is.
We seriously have something great happening here. Watch this space, he’s only just got started.

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the things I liked about Bucks was his media. Refreshing after Malthouse. Blown away by Fly, makes Bucks look like an amateur.

Watched an interview with himself and Vossy from the start of the season. The way he allows Voss to take the hero space whilst remaining an articulate and strong presence brought home to me what a gem we have. This guy knows how to lead people and bring the best out of them. Neither Voss nor Bucks could do that, hubris of champions self-belief.
hardly comments on the match..... never comments about anything outside the club......the most controversial thing he has said was that he was going to the afl to clarify matters about ginnivan and by monday, he said the issue was dead...

if this isnt the best PR coach the pies could have, i dont know who it would be.

He has run an almost single message since day 1 of being the best we can be...yada yada....every week the same thing....
My wife is a brilliant teacher of young children. Unlike the good old days I am sure you know well Mark, she focuses on what she wants the children to be/do. Her technique goes beyond praising "good" kids, it includes telling the loudmouth how pleased she is they are holding their tongue. Not once but multiple times without irony/sarcasm. It works.

Right now is a honey moon period for McRae. Low expectations, outstanding results. Time will tell but I suspect we have a coach with the toolbox to bring out the best in those around him. That is a coaches job, not to bring attention to himself but to celebrate his charges and encourage the positive.

This is my all-time second favourite season, following 1990!

Rock the casbah!
1977 was a ripper! Wooden spoon to top of the ladder in one season. The footy was brilliant to watch. Darcy Moore emerged as our blonde bombshell full forward and Carman was tearing it up. Ricky Barham was another kid setting us alight. The first game against Richmond at the G was unforgettable. Hafey's first time coaching against his beloved Tigers. 90 K there. Electric atmosphere. Sheedy was so rattled he kicked the ball fifty metres toward our goals!

1977 was a ripper! Wooden spoon to to of the ladder in one season. The footy was brilliant to watch. Darcy Moore emerged as our blonde bombshell full forward and Carman was tearing it up. Ricky Barham was another kid setting us alight.
I don't think Darce was even a twinkle in his father's eye in 1977 :p

One of the things I liked about Bucks was his media. Refreshing after Malthouse. Blown away by Fly, makes Bucks look like an amateur.

Watched an interview with himself and Vossy from the start of the season. The way he allows Voss to take the hero space whilst remaining an articulate and strong presence brought home to me what a gem we have. This guy knows how to lead people and bring the best out of them. Neither Voss nor Bucks could do that, hubris of champions self-belief.

My wife is a brilliant teacher of young children. Unlike the good old days I am sure you know well Mark, she focuses on what she wants the children to be/do. Her technique goes beyond praising "good" kids, it includes telling the loudmouth how pleased she is they are holding their tongue. Not once but multiple times without irony/sarcasm. It works.

Right now is a honey moon period for McRae. Low expectations, outstanding results. Time will tell but I suspect we have a coach with the toolbox to bring out the best in those around him. That is a coaches job, not to bring attention to himself but to celebrate his charges and encourage the positive.

I would find buckley far more interesting to listen to than macrae but I dont list appealing to fans as a requirement for a good coach.

1977 was a ripper! Wooden spoon to top of the ladder in one season. The footy was brilliant to watch. Darcy Moore emerged as our blonde bombshell full forward and Carman was tearing it up. Ricky Barham was another kid setting us alight. The first game against Richmond at the G was unforgettable. Hafey's first time coaching against his beloved Tigers. 90 K there. Electric atmosphere. Sheedy was so rattled he kicked the ball fifty metres toward our goals!

Too young for 77 … pity!

Next week we're going to be playing a direct 1v1 man-up defence, securing world peace in the process
:thumbsu:And energy self sufficiency.
Don't forget that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back