dools81

Rookie
Apr 1, 2008
Stawell
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
none
Just starting a new thread to kickstart the upcoming season, hopefully we can get more responses.

From Wella22
  • Hakesdale have lost Reichman
  • Damian Cameron playing in the Wimmera
  • Bird and Sambell moving on
  • Arart Eagles have signed a few, including Aaron Thompson from Waubra and another senior player from Springbank
  • Eales from Stawell back to Penshurst
  • New coaches for GWS (Thomas-a Wimmera league BNF) and Bolac (Wilcox)

Confirmed that Ararat have signed Aaron Thompson from Waubra and i believe its his cousin from Springbank, not sure his name though. I also believe that they are losing Jamie Elder who may be moving to the NT.

What other rumors/confirmations etc does anyone have for the upcoming season

I hear Hilet playing for Bolac. Saw Hilet play against Stewell Swifts last year, played in ruck and destroyed them all over the ground. One to watch.

I hear Hilet playing for Bolac. Saw Hilet play against Stewell Swifts last year, played in ruck and destroyed them all over the ground. One to watch.
The suspence is killing me Buddy who the F##K is Hilet and whats his claim to fame or is it you wrapping yourself up:confused:

Eales to coach Penshurst. Ararat Eagles have signed a few young Rats. GW have signed some half decent players. Should be a 12 goal better side, and will now only lose by 10-15 goals each week.

great western will be as good as they were this year , nick thomas there new coach is a very very good footballer the toughest i have seen in my time following country league football but he is not a coach will be more excited about drinking bulk tins with his young side then winning games ! there recuits are all 2nds footballers but may prove me wrong as this league is one of the least flashy going around , i hope they prove me wrong and we see the western a force in 2013 !!!

Eales to coach Penshurst. Ararat Eagles have signed a few young Rats. GW have signed some half decent players. Should be a 12 goal better side, and will now only lose by 10-15 goals each week.

Penshurst mass walkout? The new Hamilton side would be loving this as are Casterton from all reports.

Penshurst mass walkout? The new Hamilton side would be loving this as are Casterton from all reports.

Not sure about what is happening at Penshurst. Where is the premiership coach off to? Have signed two outstanding players from Stawell to coach, Eales and Delahunty. What about the mass exodus? If not, they will be hard to beat again in 2013.

you don't know too much about their recruits then do you mate. im pretty sure most of them will play seniors as there are a few that have played a lot higher level of football than you would ever dream of playing. Definitely will improve but just a matter of how much and a lot of their improvement (if judging by wins) could depend on how the other teams that finished from 6th to 12th recruit over summer.
Tatyoon have lost a few including Tucker who has gone overseas and will be a major loss, they will need to gain some quality players if they plan on continuing their run of grand final appearances.

Any news? Eagles landed many from Rats? Trying to land a few from Ballarat. Still no coaches for Lismore, Worndoo and Caramut? Coaches confirmed at Rovers? Taty lost a few? Glen and Pens gain many from Hamilton merger? Bolac might big gaining more players than some thought, as the rumor was they would really struggle.

you don't know too much about their recruits then do you mate. im pretty sure most of them will play seniors as there are a few that have played a lot higher level of football than you would ever dream of playing. Definitely will improve but just a matter of how much and a lot of their improvement (if judging by wins) could depend on how the other teams that finished from 6th to 12th recruit over summer.
Tatyoon have lost a few including Tucker who has gone overseas and will be a major loss, they will need to gain some quality players if they plan on continuing their run of grand final appearances.

Let me know if here is coming to London and is keen for a game of footy over here...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropped into Alexandra oval (which is in incredible nick, looked like a bowling green) last night to have a look at both Ararat sides training. The Eagles appeared to have twice as many on the track as the Rats, about 30 v 15 or thereabouts..

Looked like quite a few new faces at the Eagles, A mid and forward from Ballarat way, and there was another ruckman there, really big bloke 200+cm, towered above Stasse, looked to have really good skills for a big bloke. Don't know his name..

The group moved around really well and looked pretty sharp for this early in the season.

They have lost BJ Burton to Great Western, Elder interstate and Jenkins who was forced to retire with a heart issue (a genuine one). The new blokes on the track looked better than there losses.. Could be more improvement again this season from the Eagles..

Anybody have a draw for this season??
From all reports Bolac seem to be the huge improvers. Even heard whispers of premiership talk - obviously not from the players or coaches just locals who seem to think they're right in with a show.

carngham linton football club are looking for a praccy on 15th 23rd or 24th march, play in central highlands league, will travel if necessary..

A few practice matches around yesterday any news on how teams went,how did the March premiers go(Moyton) any one watch,Gt Western played aswell.

Rhys Cronin from Moyston is an absolute freak, CHF, wing but could play anywhere. big engine and has dominated pre season...kicked 5 from the middle in our intraclub, could be a smoky for the league medal

Rhys Cronin from Moyston is an absolute freak, CHF, wing but could play anywhere. big engine and has dominated pre season...kicked 5 from the middle in our intraclub, could be a smoky for the league medal

Killed them in an intraclub thats good was he marking his own kicks aswell, as Sam Newman says YOU IDIOT:rolleyes:

Okay, only about a week out now. How about some updates on prac matches that have been played?

Let's have a go at the ladder. Pretty hard without knowing the quality of all ins and outs, but need to get something happening on the forum. Should be a competitive year in the MDFL, with the bottom and middle teams improving, it's good for the league.

1. Penshurst-Some big outs to Hampden and Warranmbool, but also some quality ins from Stawell.
  2. Moyston-Lost some quality and gained some quality from Ararat.
  3. Hawkesdale-Lost a few-but gained plenty from Warranmbool.
  4. Taty-Lost some quality, but have some good juniors and a culture of success.
  5. Bolac-Should be the big improvers-according to them anyway!
  6. Glenthompson-Not sure if they have covered their loses. Could be wrong and take Bolac's place.
  7. SMW-Same as last year. Marshall a big loss. Very competitive if they play as a team.
  8. Ararat-Elder and Burton are loses-but do move around to other clubs a bit. Lost a few 2s players. Could progress further-depends on injuries, commitment and culture.
  9. Caramut-Competitive. Will have some good wins.
  10. Lismore-Derri-Same as last year. Competitive at times. Plenty of numbers to play through the 2s.
  11. GW-Will improve their depth. Some quality inclusions, added plenty of reserves players from other clubs.
  12. Worndoo-New coach and some new players, mostly of reserves quality. But, still going-so good on them.

My go at a Ladder
1. Penshurst
2. Bolac
3. Moyston
4.Taty
5. Hawksedale
6.Glenthompson
7. Ararat
8. SMW
9. Caramut
10. Lismore
11. GW
12. Worndoo

This weeks games
Penshurst to beat Lismore comfortably
Glenthompson to handle GW
Caramut to get the points over a competitive Woorndoo
Hawksedale will beat ararat
Taty to easily defeat a weakening rovers outfit
Wickliffe to start their season with a hard fought win against Moyston in the match of the round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back