Wetdog

I really am Aker.
Jun 23, 2008
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
This thread is for those who wish to cleanse themselves of any erroneous opinion expressed on BF over the 2021 season whether it arose from misjudgement, alcohol induced emotion and/or blatant stupidity.

Please note that I have limited the thread to the 2021 season only (including the 2020/2021 off-season preceding it) and not previous seasons and/or life in general as we do not have the bandwidth required on BF.

BF Penal Code 16.54 stipulates that 54.16% of available BF bandwidth must be exclusively reserved for discussion around umpiring decisions by the supporters of the Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints and/or if your name begins with Plugger.

Moreover, if you need to apologise to your wife/husband for eyeing off the Spanish pool cleaner last summer, this is not the place for the appropriate confession and subsequent apology.

I hereby immediately and unreservedly apologise for proposing that we trade Baz Smith and a first rounder (and therefore sacrificing Darcy) to Collingwood for Grundy. Baz has gone to the next level in this final series and is playing Dusty like. We would not be playing in the GF without Baz’s 8 goals to date. If we happen to win the premiership, he may well be the Norm Smith medalist.

I apologise to Baz and my fellow BF Bulldogs cohort.

Anyone else?

This goes pre-2021. I came up with a most hated 22 from other clubs in around 2018. Taylor Duryea was named on the HBF. Sorry Taylor - absolutely love the way you play now!

Sorry Hannan, you star

I wanted him dropped for Wallis during the season. Sorry, Mitch (x2).

But Hannan has shown this final series why he has been picked ahead of Wallis. Faster and therefore applies more pressure in F50 and better overhead.

Hannan and Schache’s performance in this final series is a significant reason why we are in the GF. Can they deliver for one more week? Will our bottom 6 players play better than the Dees equivalent?

Sorry Schache, I had my doubts but he's played some important roles late in the season.

I'm sorry that I ordered the 2nd Half of this Lucky Meal pizza earlier in the season:

1st Half Gourmet Pizza: 5. Antipasto - Tomato garlic base, Italian pepperoni, artichokes, cheese, marinated olives & anchovies
2nd Half Gourmet Pizza: 26. Thai Seafood - Garlic base, cheese, prawns, octopus, sweet chilli sauce & dry basil on top

Have been fairly glass half full this year but I’ve had some moments.

Jury still a bit out but I called Martin cooked repeatedly and said he was the wrong choice. He’s near the end but if he fills a role in a win next week then I’ll put my hand up.

Have just about put the remote through the TV a few times because of Roarke and Hannan but both have proved their worth.

A month ago I was calling for major change if we went out of the finals in straight sets. Bevo sacked or the structure changed and Bailey Smith traded. Its good to be wrong. Apologies to Hannan and Cordy last week too.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Lachie. I said after round 2 you should be demoted to the 2s until you learnt how to kick. I'm sorry. You've had a great season.

Josh. I had your back all the way up to the Richmond game, which I attended. Perhaps it was the free beer but I ruled a line through you after that game. I'm sorry. Bevo knows better than I.

Jack. I have no reason to apologise to you over many years on BF and I doubt I ever will.

Sorry Carnthescray this is too good to pass up

Roarke Smith will not be in our next premiership team, so why keep him in the long term. You have to have that perspective when building a team.

Might not be true just yet but it’s very close.

Sorry the link is wrong but it’s post #12194 in the list and trade thread part 3

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Lachie. I said after round 2 you should be demoted to the 2s until you learnt how to kick. I'm sorry. You've had a great season.

Josh. I had your back all the way up to the Richmond game, which I attended. Perhaps it was the free beer but I ruled a line through you after that game. I'm sorry. Bevo knows better than I.

Jack. I have no reason to apologise to you over many years on BF and I doubt I ever will.
That moment where Schache shat himself on the wing happen right in front of me. I told my mate at the time that we'd just witnessed live the end of his career. Stoked to be wrong. Sorry Josh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah Bailey Smith. I've been calling for you to be dropped for almost two years. After the elim I said I'd hold off for a while. In the semi I was shocked and thought I'd never say a bad word about you again. And then with the prelim I know you're a star. The goals that you have no right to kick, the gut running up and down the field, the little efforts to sheppard and help your team. Maybe you didn't have the best season but finals are where reputations are made and that's all that matters.

Sorry for ever doubting you.

Have been fairly glass half full this year but I’ve had some moments.

Jury still a bit out but I called Martin cooked repeatedly and said he was the wrong choice. He’s near the end but if he fills a role in a win next week then I’ll put my hand up.

Have just about put the remote through the TV a few times because of Roarke and Hannan but both have proved their worth.
Assuming he doesn't take the field next year, might be the greatest 8 game Bulldogs career in history.

Last edited:
Like many others, my apologise is to Josh.

I said after the Richmond game that he should never wear the Bulldog jumper again.
The vitriol that came out of my mouth about that game…

That said, while he was hopeless offensively that night I watched him fairly closely and he was making a point of standing under a lot of high balls and trying to bring them to ground even then. Maybe he just had a bad night, but he was trying to do what he was asked.

I apologise to Easton Wood.

Whilst I have always rated you as a player, I wanted to retire you a few weeks ago. I thought your body was cooked and your performance sub-par. But you’ve been a solid contributor since then and a great role player. Your leadership and experience is invaluable too.

Hope you play on next year, Easton, and join the 200 club.

P.S. Why do you have to be so good looking? It’s not good for my confidence and self esteem.

Last edited:
Sorry for giving up on you Josh schache. I'd backed you in for years but my confidence broke this year and I put a line through your name. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Sorry to Bailey Dale. After leaking many goals against Melbourne pre-season due to poor physical efforts I gave you zero chance of making it as a defender. Thanks for proving me wrong.

Forgive me Bevo
For I have sinned.
It was before the finals since I made my last confessions.
I don’t think I really had a crack at anyone in particular however they may have been one or two question’s asked regarding various selections during the last four rounds .
Anyways
I am sorry
RT

I'm pretty sure I called Hannan "the poor man's Stringer'

Stated Schache should never play again

and said Wood should have retired

Ahhh, that feels better...

Sorry Gard’s. I thought that you had no part to play in our finals tilt nor right to play in the red, white & blue. I was wrong.

Sorry Bevo, I thought you were micro-dosing during your deep bouts of cronyism at team selection. I was wrong.

Dear Jesus, I thought she was single and well and truly above the age of 22. I was wrong.

I’ve been calling Schache too soft for a while. He’s shown this finals he can cut it. Critically important in the prelim and deserved to snag 3 in a top 3 on the ground performance.

Also have wondered if Baz could ever elevate his game after showing a lot of poor decision making. Kid is a star. I’ll take the good with the bad. Credit to the club and coaches creating this fascinating role for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back