Food/Supplements Meals and Recipes Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

12628126_1670113179933319_1993197489_n.jpg

Bolognese Bake with Crispy Cheddar Cheese

79g protein
35g carbohydrates
76g fat

1148 calories

that should clog up a few arteries.:eek:

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
cheese is about as high in saturated fat as you can get.
Yes it's high in saturated fat but I'm not sure what your point is? Or are you saying that will clog your arteries? If so, it's one of the all time great nutritional myths born in the 80's from cereal/grain propagandists devoted to worshiping Ancel Keys.

Thankfully the world is waking up to the fact saturated fat has been wrongfully demonised and we can now go back to enjoying our daily dose of cheese and butter and remain perfectly healthy.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
Yes it's high in saturated fat but I'm not sure what your point is? Or are you saying that will clog your arteries? If so, it's one of the all time great nutritional myths born in the 80's from cereal/grain propagandists devoted to worshiping Ancel Keys.

Thankfully the world is waking up to the fact saturated fat has been wrongfully demonised and we can now go back to enjoying our daily dose of cheese and butter and remain perfectly healthy.

Haven't you heard fat makes you fat :p

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond

according my cardiologist and the society that information is not accurate.

i will stick with those that have an mbbs i think.

at least for the time being.

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Can you show me any causal link between saturated fat consumption and heart disease?
finding websites that demonstrate the link between saturated fats and coronary artery disease is not difficult. try google.

rather let me relate my personal experience

i was found to have a quite some plaque in the ‘plumbing’.

the advice from my gp, two cardiologists, a cardio thoracic surgeon and the heart association was that it was in large part due to a diet high in saturated fats.

by drastically cutting back on the consumption of saturated fats i have reduced my ldl cholesterol from about 9 to about 4 - without taking statins.

i have never felt better.

so with every respect to you, your websites and your advisors i will stick by my advisors and my personal experience.

we will agree to differ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I always find it amusing when GP's, Cardiologists, dietitians and especially the heart association put the majority of blame on a diet high in saturated fats. At the end of the day the people they are referring to eat a diet very high in fat, aka junk food, and the combination of excessive sugar/carbs and a diet HIGH IN FAT, aka industrialised oils, trans and polyunsaturated (along with some saturated ) fats are to blame. As Showdown said their are no up to date reliable studies that clearly show saturated fats "alone" as a cause of CVD.

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I always find it amusing when GP's, Cardiologists, dietitians and especially the heart association put the majority of blame on a diet high in saturated fats. At the end of the day the people they are referring to eat a diet very high in fat, aka junk food, and the combination of excessive sugar/carbs and a diet HIGH IN FAT, aka industrialised oils, trans and polyunsaturated (along with some saturated ) fats are to blame. As Showdown said their are no up to date reliable studies that clearly show saturated fats "alone" as a cause of CVD.

Good call, not to mention people eating poor quality food will also have lower than recommended fibre intake.

May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Good call, not to mention people eating poor quality food will also have lower than recommended fibre intake.
The only people who have a diet high in actual Sat fat are zero carbers, and as deadly boring that way of eating is, those (and their are a lot on various forums) who post regular blood work it appears to be reasonably healthy always low in trigs and high in HDL

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
finding websites that demonstrate the link between saturated fats and coronary artery disease is not difficult. try google.

rather let me relate my personal experience

i was found to have a quite some plaque in the ‘plumbing’.

the advice from my gp, two cardiologists, a cardio thoracic surgeon and the heart association was that it was in large part due to a diet high in saturated fats.

by drastically cutting back on the consumption of saturated fats i have reduced my ldl cholesterol from about 9 to about 4 - without taking statins.

i have never felt better.

so with every respect to you, your websites and your advisors i will stick by my advisors and my personal experience.

we will agree to differ.
correlation≠causation

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
some things are just abundantly clear.

You should read 'Big Fat Surprise' by Nina Teicholz.

The saturated fat/heart disease hypothesis became considered so 'abundantly clear' that it somehow managed to circumnavigate all the usual checks and balances of the scientific method.

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Who needs to do homework? We just want you to provide information because you appear to be doing nothing but trolling.
try the cochrane collaboration where they collated a number of studies and found a 17% greater likelihood of cardio vascular disease in people with a high saturated food diet.

australian heart foundation website.

american heart foundation website.

mayo clinic website.

but more importantly for me the personal advice of two cardiologists, a cardio vascular surgeon, my g.p and most importantly my personal experience which you conveniently continue to pay no attention to.

rather than take a position and then abuse people who have a different experience/view by calling them a troll open your closed mind.

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
try the cochrane collaboration where they collated a number of studies and found a 17% greater likelihood of cardio vascular disease in people with a high saturated food diet.

australian heart foundation website.

american heart foundation website.

mayo clinic website.

but more importantly for me the personal advice of two cardiologists, a cardio vascular surgeon, my g.p and most importantly my personal experience which you conveniently continue to pay no attention to.

rather than take a position and then abuse people who have a different experience/view by calling them a troll open your closed mind.

In what way are your personal experiences relevant to this discussion?

Back