saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
try the cochrane collaboration where they collated a number of studies and found a 17% greater likelihood of cardio vascular disease in people with a high saturated food diet.

australian heart foundation website.

american heart foundation website.

mayo clinic website.

but more importantly for me the personal advice of two cardiologists, a cardio vascular surgeon, my g.p and most importantly my personal experience which you conveniently continue to pay no attention to.

rather than take a position and then abuse people who have a different experience/view by calling them a troll open your closed mind.

What were their sources of saturated fat?

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
Sui Ni for your reference

can just switch saturated fat for meat. The argument remains identical.

I99qdme.png

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I tried it a few times last week (we probably read the same article) and it wasn't as good as the normal way i cook it (scotch fillet)
But i have been cooking my chickens and pork belly that way for years.
The trick is to only bake it it at 130 celsius for a smaller amount of time when the steak is thinner.

As a rough guide I think 10 mins p/inch of steak thickness is the sweet spot. I reverse seared a 1 inch thick sirloin for 10 minutes last night followed up with 45 seconds each side on a grill pan and it was perfect

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Whole chooks are the go. Brine one for an hour, then into a 90c oven for 90 minutes, take it out and rest it for 30 min, then back into a flat out oven for 15 minutes to crisp the skin. Best chook you will ever taste

(I got that method from Heston)
In for this.

What's your brine recipe?

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Both of mine were close to 400g and i had it in at 120c first time for 90 min, the second time for 60min. They were nice, but not as good ar rh turn every 20 second method, for me anyway
I would give it another go but drop that time down to 30 minutes as a maximum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Found the original. It's at the 2 minute mark.

Once you try this (excluding the other vid above that I haven't tried) you will never cook a chook any other way

my missus is very very particular about her roast chicken, I'm going to have to incept her with the idea. Because if it's at my suggestion it will never happen :tearsofjoy:

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
That looks awesome, very tasty.

What was the difference from the original recipe?

It was awesome alright, that KFC recipe is fantastic.

My original attempt just had some seasoning sprinkled on the chicken, this one was triple dipped in egg and KFC mix and then pan fried.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back