Medhurst!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see Croad being played up forward regularly now. You picked up two AFL capable forwards in Polack and Medhurst and you allready have a lot of forwards.

Anyone here surprised that no club has picked up the All-Australian WA's in Lynch and Glancy. Unless I have misread, I can't believe it! :eek:

Yep, sure is!

Plays as a forward pocket for Claremont in the WAFL and kicked 78 goals for the season. He was the highest WAFL goal scorer this season and would be a good pickup for any club. Still surprised you went for another forward though!

Isn't it amazing, i said months ago that Medhurst was at best a 3rd round pick despite West Aussie's calling him a top 20 pick

I think by drafting Medhurst and Polak the dockers are trying to cover their bases in the forward line.

As heaps of crows fans have been saying ... it seems likely that Pav will return to SA at the end of next season and if farmer is injured / plays a more midfield, forward flank role then medhurst could play in a pocket.

I'm pretty happy with what they've done in the draft though, by selecting local talent. Would have liked to have seen armstrong picked up .... but yeh ... pretty happy with what they've done

Great player at WAFL level, but the big question is can he make the grade to AFL? Is he a similar type player to Ben Cunningham or is Medhurst more of a leading-marking forward?

Medhurst is a good pickup for anyone. I've rated him all year and have seen him in the WAFL alot this season. I think he can step up to AFL level and do well. I've heard a few people say he's a bit of a 'hungry' player, but to me that can also be a good thing - keen and wanting the ball.

I'd have liked him at WC, but like I've said on the WC board, if we didn't grab him (I'd hoped we'd get him at #38), I'm happy to see him at Freo and his talent kept in WA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back