Media alert #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Tune in to 5AA Adelaide this afternoon around 5pm (Qld time) to hear Brett "Birdman" Burton give his thoughts on the Lions' first day back of training.

We'll try to contribute regularly to this thread throughout 2012 to let you know when and where to listen out for Lions players, coaches and staff.

LI

PS - can confirm that the Reddo tipoff was indeed a stitch-up.

Hi all,

Tune in to 5AA Adelaide this afternoon around 5pm (Qld time) to hear Brett "Birdman" Burton give his thoughts on the Lions' first day back of training.

We'll try to contribute regularly to this thread throughout 2012 to let you know when and where to listen out for Lions players, coaches and staff.

LI

It would be very handy if you could contribute to this thread, LI. Thank you very much.

Hi all,

LI

That will be very handy LI:thumbsu:

Happy New Year – Lions Insider

Speaking of a ‘stitch up’... :eek:

Any chance the delightful Swedish sisters Klara & Johanna Söderberg – might get a jumper presented to them when they hit our shores in March – This could coincide with their newly released – The Lion’s Roar
Swedish sister duo First Aid Kit will play a run of sideshows when they reach our shores for Golden Plains next March. Johanna and Klara were last in Australia for a fly-by tour in mid-2010 and will return next year armed with tunes from their forthcoming album The Lion’s Roar.
freddie :cool:

*edit more food thought... I would love to help. :)
FirstAidKit-600x400.jpg

Hi gang,

Listen out for Daniel Merrett on Brisbane's 4BC (1116AM) tonight at 7pm with Peter Psaltis.

Also Tom Rockliff will be a guest on SportsDay Queensland - which goes through 14 stations in Queensland (click here for more info). He'll be on at around 6.40pm.

36 degrees in Brisbane today and they'll have just come off a 2-hour training session. Ouch!

Happy listening.

LI

Brutal.

Thanks again LI.....

Hi gang,

Listen out for Daniel Merrett on Brisbane's 4BC (1116AM) tonight at 7pm with Peter Psaltis.

Also Tom Rockliff will be a guest on SportsDay Queensland - which goes through 14 stations in Queensland (click here for more info). He'll be on at around 6.40pm.

36 degrees in Brisbane today and they'll have just come off a 2-hour training session. Ouch!

Happy listening.

LI

Does anyone know how we can listen to this program. Could not work it out by heir website. Thanks in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As some of you know, I have no idea how to do links but this might help point you in the right direction..

On Craig Hutchinsons tweets 5hrs ago, he has a link to an interview he had just done with Darryl White..

I don't even know how to listen to it!...but see what you guys can find from it..

Is it just me or have there been a lot of articles about the lions appearing on AFL.com in proportion to other clubs. Well done to the clubs PR department for upping their game if that is the case. It seems like at least an article a day is appearing in my rss feed out of a total of maybe four or five fresh articles a day in total for all the other clubs put together.

All we need now is for the club to start getting a bit more local media support.

Is it just me or have there been a lot of articles about the lions appearing on AFL.com in proportion to other clubs. Well done to the clubs PR department for upping their game if that is the case. It seems like at least an article a day is appearing in my rss feed out of a total of maybe four or five fresh articles a day in total for all the other clubs put together.

All we need now is for the club to start getting a bit more local media support.

It's great isn't it? Huge improvement in the web site as well. The whole "communication" has improved 100%. So much info coming through the web site. The players are more tangible to supporters - we are getting a 3d feel about them when we get tweets, chats on line, articles. Keep it coming I say.

I'd have thought there's a good chance that the abundance of AFL produced online media for a club with a 'challenging' local media environment is not a coincidence.

I know the AFL are putting a lot more effort into producing their own media. Given supply/demand, the Lions seem a pretty logical club on which to focus. The Melbourne media are getting a bit nervous about the AFL's intentions. It remains to be seen whether the Curious Fail gives two hoots.

It seems to me that the coverage on the Lions from the Courier Mail has decreased this year. Could be because there has been a lot less turmoil this off-season than previous years.

I've found AFL.com.au tends to just re-print club-generated articles. Since the club itself is generated a lot more write-ups this year, it makes sense that they'd flow on to the AFL site. That is, unless the AFL site is also featuring its own articles in which case... meh. ;)

I'd have thought there's a good chance that the abundance of AFL produced online media for a club with a 'challenging' local media environment is not a coincidence.

I know the AFL are putting a lot more effort into producing their own media. Given supply/demand, the Lions seem a pretty logical club on which to focus. The Melbourne media are getting a bit nervous about the AFL's intentions. It remains to be seen whether the Curious Fail gives two hoots.

Greg Davis must be reading in here...

Nervous about the new media world order at the AFL #controlfreaks

Helps not having Hammo running his puff pieces now that he is on Suns watch. We only ever got rubbish reports in the paper anyway, so getting no print coverage is probably good. People might start looking towards the club for articles, which will be much better than the curious fail tripe.

Someone is watching/reading something somewhere about us......it was on the tv news last night about PattyK and his fight with the fence...

..I thought at the time that it was interesting to see it reported and perhaps they had been reading BF or were on our website having a look-see..

Who does Michael Whiting work for? AAP, a paper, the AFL or the Lions?

If it is a news agency instead of a PR department, then our PR department is working hard to give him plenty of media releases and/or face time with the club to make sure that he has an abundance of material.

Last year all the video segments on the club website were a good initiative that gave a lot of the young players more media skills in a non-hostile environment to make up for the lack of genuine media opportunities for AFL players in QLD.

Who does Michael Whiting work for? AAP, a paper, the AFL or the Lions?

AFL:

Michael Whiting covers Brisbane Lions news for AFL.com.au.

Didn't mean to sound like I was belittling the Club's efforts. I do know they're working overtime to increase media exposure (in a challenging environment) as well as website content.

Just quietly, there's more to come, so if there's anything you'd like to see (*cough* web-streamed non televised nab games *cough*), I'd send your suggestions in to the Club or raise them here.

Ok, so when I've seen Whiting articles in the Courier Mail attributed to AAP, the press agency is just lifting directly from the afl media releases... nice... fudge there are some lazy journos out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back