Media alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurley is going to have far sexier options than us. Wouldn't get carried away.
Just a mid afternoon, bored at work moment. Definately think he had better options, but with Rog retiring and extra salary cap $ can't help having a daydream moment.

Big question is, who do we get aged 24+ as a KPD to help out Andrews and Co?

Luke Delaney from the Saints. Cheap & was recruited to the Saints when they were at the same stage of their rebuild.

What if we offer him......

One billion dollars

latest

No doubt we'll over him a truckload. I'm very confident our offer will be the highest bid to him in dollar terms. I'm also confident he will choose another suitor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leigh has politically aligned himself completely with leppa, and 100% backed him in for 2017. If leppa is sacked there is no way Leigh can work harmoniously with those responsible for giving leppa the boot.

If leppa goes, Leigh goes.

Leigh's comments re the difficulty of managing the media role smells of setting up an ego saving out if he doesn't win (leppa doesn't stay).
Think he has always preferred his media role over his commitments towards us, unfortunately.

This scares the **** out of me and has been probably my only real worry about moving Leppa on:

'One sensitive issue remains: the future of Craig Lambert, who was brought back to the club from GWS to assist his close friend Leppitsch. Lambert is contracted for a further two seasons'.
Lambert won't go anywhere if Leppitsch and Matthews are ousted, I think he is in it for the playing group.

I thought she got personal when adding Lambert in the article. Their was no reason to include him. He is contracted and strikes me as a guy who wouldn't walk away when he preached to the playing list to sign on and go the journey.

I think we all agree we need the AFL to assist us in number of ways but it's still disappointing it has got to this stage. We were at the pinnacle of the mountain after the triple premierships and now we're at base camp and looking for a leg up.

Not much you can do once you've been labeled as having a victim mentality. Any complaint you make, no matter how legitimate, gets dismissed as a symptom of the victim mentality.

Yep, not a good combination when it butts up against the AFL's "we can do no wrong" mentality.

I mean seriously, they sent Swann up here to right the ship. The guy has experienced life in Melbourne at power clubs like Collingwood and Carlton. Perhaps they might actually consider listening to the bloke they sent here when he talks about the unique challenges of football in a hostile non-AFL market.

Yep, not a good combination when it butts up against the AFL's "we can do no wrong" mentality.

I mean seriously, they sent Swann up here to right the ship. The guy has experienced life in Melbourne at power clubs like Collingwood and Carlton. Perhaps they might actually consider listening to the bloke they sent here when he talks about the unique challenges of football in a hostile non-AFL market.
That's what I'm most confused about. It just doesn't make sense and I made reference earlier that the Brisbane Lions are like 'The Wall' in GoT. You send blokes up here that are too important to 'kill off' but you don't really want to hear from again. I think Swann fits the bill as he apparently had some 'baggage' down in Victoria from what I've been told.

So far the only source of this news that Leppa is bound to leave has been the Vic media. Everyone at the club has said he's got their support. The only hint of wavering I've seen of this so far has been Swann saying it will be reviewed at the end of the year, which I have come to understand happens with every team and every year.

Suddenly now Leppa is definitely out the door and Leigh is holding it open saying "after you"?

These journos are now just reporting their own echoes as fact it seems.

So far the only source of this news that Leppa is bound to leave has been the Vic media. Everyone at the club has said he's got their support. The only hint of wavering I've seen of this so far has been Swann saying it will be reviewed at the end of the year, which I have come to understand happens with every team and every year.

Suddenly now Leppa is definitely out the door and Leigh is holding it open saying "after you"?

These journos are now just reporting their own echoes as fact it seems.

Sadly man, I wouldn't recommend holding too much hope in a 2017 Leppa coached Lions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back