Media coverage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if Port's match on Friday will be receiving any media coverage?

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

blackdiamond

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers
Chris

I was just checking out the new web site for Port and there was some information in there that somebody posted.

Apparently the game is being broadcasted by the local NT ABC on Sunday morning. Tapes should be available from the ABC..... their phone number is (08) 8943 3222.

However it doesn't look we will see anything of the game down here apart from what is in the paper and a few highlights on the news.

Very disappointing I feel, if it was a Crows game I am sure we would have it on TV. Also the question must be asked how the ABC won the rights to show the match when it is an AFL sanctioned game, it should be done by seven.

If anyone is out there that knows of a radio station that maybe broadcasting the game it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe we could listen to it on the net but then again I suppose the AFL will jump in and say no because its an AFL sanctioned game, gee some things about this competition suck.

------------------
Port Adelaide Forever

carb70

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tampa Bay, Liverpool
I think its a disgrace this game is not on TV. I'm sitting here in front of my computer, refreshing the screen every couple of minutes to see what the score is. I remember a few years back that other team played a trail game at one of QLD holiday resorts. The game against the Bears was actually played on the golf course and for some reason we got to see that game on TV.

We have been starved of football action for so long, it would of been good to see this game, especially considering the cricket finished early

Mudholian

Club Legend
Jan 15, 2001
The Monkey House Port Adelaide
Originally posted by carb70:
I think its a disgrace this game is not on TV. I'm sitting here in front of my computer, refreshing the screen every couple of minutes to see what the score is. I remember a few years back that other team played a trail game at one of QLD holiday resorts. The game against the Bears was actually played on the golf course and for some reason we got to see that game on TV.

We have been starved of football action for so long, it would of been good to see this game, especially considering the cricket finished early

Ditto. Although the half time score hasn't changed here for ages.There it goes, still close.
As for media coverage generally, I'm surprised there hasn't been a bigger push by Port on the season ticket sales. I know cash must be tight at the moment but I would have thought a simple promotion saying you can get to see 11 AFL games plus one showdown for just $11 a game would be a great way to go. Who cares if they're Port supporters or just people who want to see AFL footy, get them along, convert them on the way.
MH

carb70

Club Legend
Dec 24, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tampa Bay, Liverpool
As I wrote on the Crows board its great to see the Crows get over 2 pages in The Advertiser for an internal trial game. It must of been a great game, I'm sad I missed it.

Carb,

I heard the Crows had a win, so now they can get excited.

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back