Opinion Media craving the next Cinderella story

Remove this Banner Ad

what i find amusing is the media constantly saying that "you only need to have 1 good month of football as proven by Richmond and the Bulldogs"

hang on a sec..

we were half a game off top spot last year, we didnt just come out of no where like the bulldogs did. we proved all year we were a good team, it was just that no one wanted to take notice of it.

and our performance this year shows it wasn't just a fluke.

To an extent Bulldogs were good in 2016 just had injuries.

Whatever happens we proved the media wrong. Most were saying last year's flag was a fluke ala Bulldogs and we'd slide this year.

Minor premiers mofos!
I love the salt now that we're getting Lynch.

We were 4 guns and 18 spuds last year winning the flag.

This year it's 'they're the premiership side, how can they afford Lynch'.

Just because people are now realising that Edwards, Grimes, Vlaustin etc. are guns, doesn't mean they're all on $800k per year.

The media ignoring our achievements this year has been the most disappointing aspect. What an amazing 2018 for the Tiges regardless of what we accomplished last year.
- Top of the Ladder for 16 of the 23 rounds
- Currently two games ahead of WC in second place and three/four games ahead of the rest of the top 8
- Minor Premiers
- Best percentage in the League
- #1st defensively, #2nd offensively
- [Beat WB this week] We're the only side to have won every game at Home this year

An incredible season of actual achievements being ignored for the potential upset.

The media ignoring our achievements this year has been the most disappointing aspect. What an amazing 2018 for the Tiges regardless of what we accomplished last year.
- Top of the Ladder for 16 of the 23 rounds
- Currently two games ahead of WC in second place and three/four games ahead of the rest of the top 8
- Minor Premiers
- Best percentage in the League
- #1st defensively, #2nd offensively
- [Beat WB this week] We're the only side to have won every game at Home this year

An incredible season of actual achievements being ignored for the potential upset.
Yeah but pies have injuries

But we didn’t make the finals the year before and were flogged by 100 points in the last game of 2016. If you do want to bring up the fact we made finals 3 years in a row before that it is countered by not winning in any of them.
There were so many years of expecting Richmond to fail, trip up and go backwards it has been very hard for many media commentators to accept we are a good team, (have been for a few years) and look like having some sustained success.
They try to find that after our first 4-5 players the talent drops off, but don’t see how well balanced our team is.
Trues we have a lack of depth in a few key areas (key forward and ruck) that haven’t really been tested, but our first 25 players make up a formidable team that is hard to beat, especially at the G.
We may not win this year and I feel we might be quickly dismissed, but I believe we have a few more years right at the top with this current crop, let just hope they keep bringing through young talent to keep as there for many years to come so we get back to that hated and despised team we should be!!
What most failed to realise is over last. 5y there’s only a couple of clubs that have actually won more games than us , that gives some perspective as to the caliber of our side and puts paid to suggestions we came from the clouds

Last edited:
What most failed to realise is over last. 5y there’s only a couple of clubs that have actually won more games than us , that gives some perspective as to the caliber of our side and puts paid to suggestions we came from the clouds

Well if we win the GF without a loss from here, we would have won 39 games from our last 50.
The next closest would be Syd & WC with 31 wins.

upload_2018-8-24_0-41-46.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what i find amusing is the media constantly saying that "you only need to have 1 good month of football as proven by Richmond and the Bulldogs"

hang on a sec..

we were half a game off top spot last year, we didnt just come out of no where like the bulldogs did. we proved all year we were a good team, it was just that no one wanted to take notice of it.

and our performance this year shows it wasn't just a fluke.

What is also conveniently forgotten is our 15 wins in 2013, 12 wins in 2014 and another 15 wins in 2015.
There was a fair body of work before 2017.
We were the 5th best ranked side through the 2013-2015 H & A seasons.

The media are just a bunch of flogs that twist things to fit their own agenda and create controversy.

Finished 2 points off top. If we won the 4 games we lost by under 10 points in 2017 we finish top comfortably.

Had played 3 of the last 4 finals series before 2017.

So hardly came from the clouds to win it. But as I said media twist things to suit their own agendas. Tall poppy syndrome.

Media wanted us to fail something shocking,

remember the hope of straight sets
remember the hope of falling at the last hurdle
remember the hope of crashing in the GF

and lets not forget what we had to hear all ******* summer

will they do a dogs
what are you going to do to not do a dogs
dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs dogs and on it went

this s**t will not be applied to pies or demons

Anyone who gave me that spiel got the offer of a wager - Tigers will finish top 4. Wager or * off.
I'm not usually much of a gambler but took as many bets as mates/colleagues wanted with supreme confidence.
My Freo supporting boss was talking up the tigers the other day, saying we are locks for the flag.
"But mate, didn't you say we'd do a Bulldogs back in March?" Silence.
God I've loved how our team has shut up all these campaigners this year.

Anyone but the Pies, seriously.

If we dont win it I'm happy for the Dees to get up.
Have family members who are non skiing Melbourne supporters, would be as rapt for them as they were for me last season.
The vast, vast majority of oppo supporters of all clubs are ok. It's only the BF flogs that piss me off.
And that goes for the MB Richmond flogs as well!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back