Media Gallery - store and display images and videos on BigFooty.

Remove this Banner Ad

With BigFooty's new Media Gallery feature you can create and share images and videos in albums.

Create albums for your collections of images. Share with everyone, no-one, or just with members you specify.

Images and videos can be up to 10MB in size, up from the 1MB limit on files directly uploaded in posts.

You can upload from your local computer or load from a URL.

You can upload videos, or embed videos from these sources:
Dailymotion, Facebook, Gfycat, imgur, Instagram, Liveleak, Metacafe, Vimeo, Vine, YouTube.

Comment on and rate all media - great for tallying votes in Photoshop comps!

Easy share links.

Crop, rotate or flip your images.

Create tags, tag other members (with their approval).

Limitations (these might be tweaked in the future - we don't know what the take up will be like):

* Maximum file size is 10MB.
* Standard members get 200MB of storage space.
* Premium Gold members get 500MB of storage space
* Premium Platinum members get 1000MB of storage space.

The nuts n bolts are described here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-media-gallery.86897/

We'll do what we usually do with new features, which is have it as open as we can, then close off or limit things that are abused by trolls and scallywags.

Coming soon: Automatically watermark your images so everyone knows who made them.

Last edited:
Coming soon: Automatically watermark your images so everyone knows who made them.

tyson-smiling.jpg

Can I deposit my 200mb of storage (which admittedly I'd probably just use my imgur account) for a larger avatar size?

We don't need larger avatar sizes, this new concept is actually pretty AC&G. Things like larger avatars and the ability to see how many times a poster has posted in a thread isn't a priority.

This is a cool function from xenforo.

Quivorir take a look here you'll enjoy this new update for your images.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants
We don't need larger avatar sizes, this new concept is actually pretty AC&G. Things like larger avatars and the ability to see how many times a poster has posted in a thread isn't a priority.

This is a cool function from xenforo.

Quivorir take a look here you'll enjoy this new update for your images.

Why would I care about how many times a poster has posted in a thread when I can just use the search function and isolate the username and thread?

Just because you've spent most of your adult life here doesn't qualify you to answer in place of Chief.

Good day.

Why would I care about how many times a poster has posted in a thread when I can just use the search function and isolate the username and thread?

Just because you've spent most of your adult life here doesn't qualify you to answer in place of Chief.

Good day.

Fair enough, mate. My apologies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I deposit my 200mb of storage (which admittedly I'd probably just use my imgur account) for a larger avatar size?
No, the reason for the avatar limit is so pages don't take forever to load.

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, New York Giants
No, the reason for the avatar limit is so pages don't take forever to load.

I've been asked to pass on this message in response:

That's a fine reason for 1995 but we are in 2016 now, champ. Let's open mouth kiss and talk about our favourite moment in the Lion King.

- Quivorir

I've been asked to pass on this message in response:

That's a fine reason for 1995 but we are in 2016 now, champ. Let's open mouth kiss and talk about our favourite moment in the Lion King.

- Quivorir
In the current year are we? Talk to me when the average internet speeds for this country surpass 5 mbps.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Can you ban Quivorir from more threads and tag him in them, it's making him melt pretty bad.

I think I've used the thread ban feature about twenty times and 19 of those were Quiv so I approve.

The other was Juggalo Balla.

I think I've used the thread ban feature about twenty times and 19 of those were Quiv so I approve.

The other was Juggalo Balla.
You banned me from the Dragons team thread, so you're lying.

brahj not sure what the limit is, but I've just uploaded my current avatar onto the media section (It's 1.2 mb) and clicked "Set as avatar" so it would appear there's a loophole that allows you to set just about anything as you avatar (So long as it's under 10mb)

18 mpbs? What a load of crap! The vast majority don't have that pal.
maybe in geelong they don't, but in real civilisations where people actually do, it's probably closer to 10mbps

maybe in geelong they don't, but in real civilisations where people actually do, it's probably closer to 10mbps
Living in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne bud, one of the most populated areas in the entire country, and it's also a place the Federal Government has labeled "too much work" and decided to do the easy, cheaper country towns first so when it's time for the election they can boast about how many cities they've hooked up with their sub-par NBN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back