Roast Media going after JimBob.

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't need to beat Rampe - Just break even the same as he did with Gibson 2 Fridays ago

Two different kettles of fish. Rampe is the version of Gibson from 2 years ago. That guy was very good.

The way to beat him is for him to respect the opposition player who's on him. Stanley comes to mind. Big enough that he has to be guarded, which will free Hawk and Menz.

This has continued to be a focus of the media purely because Chris Scott has allowed it...
He wants the pressure on Jimmy so that he retires at the end of the season.
More than a little suspicious if the following occured:
- Leading up to the Freo game Scott calls Jimmy (first time he ever has by the way) to tell him they are resting him because they don't want him to trigger his clause as they don't have the cap space to pay him next year due to Danger signing.
- Jimmy not too happy. Geelong tell him he is picked as emergency only. Calls his manager who says that under his contract agreement if he is emergency it doesn't count as a game towards the trigger (seen as dropped) but if he stays in Melbourne and is officially rested it will count.
- Manager gets AFLPA involved who tell Geelong they can't do that.
- Jimmy refuses to go and without getting dropped triggers the clause (with later games played)
- Scott has shown minimal support for Jimmy since...
If true (which it is...) it's a disgrace to treat a club legend like that!

This has continued to be a focus of the media purely because Chris Scott has allowed it...
- Leading up to the Freo game Scott calls Jimmy (first time he ever has by the way) to tell him they are resting him because they don't want him to trigger his clause as they don't have the cap space to pay him next year due to Danger signing.
- Jimmy not too happy. Geelong tell him he is picked as emergency only. Calls his manager who says that under his contract agreement if he is emergency it doesn't count as a game towards the trigger (seen as dropped) but if he stays in Melbourne and is officially rested it will count.
- Jimmy refuses to go and without getting dropped triggers the clause (with later games played)
Jimmy?

Proof?

First post eh?

Have a VERY hard time believing that would ever happen. Chris Scott isn't an idiot and a conversation like that would be potentially actionable via the courts - you can't openly tell an employee you're tampering with their employment so as to ensure they don't receive entitlements they're due.

Secondly, supposing that actually did happen, now what? They're not allowed to drop Jimmy because of that initial phone call, even if his form actually warranted being dropped? Say he gets '0' possessions on Friday and we make the Granny and theoretically Cockatoo kicked 8 from the midfield in a VFL game - they wouldn't be allowed to drop Jim for Cockatoo?

Far-fetched.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Jimmy at Cold Rock last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Obviously not throwing anyone under the bus but heard from someone pretty close...

interesting first post Slim Jim 00

Has anyone ever seen Slim Jim 00 & Hodgepodge/BlightysCats or Biggy in the same room at the same time?

This club has been better than no other with moving there stars on with good terms.

Even Stevie J would admit he would never have had the season he had this year without going to GWS, he needed a fresh start.

Chris Scott and Jimmy will be discussing this openly since about July and working out what is best for the club and Jimmy.

I can really see all of the above happening because I know that the thing clubs want more than anything is for a potentially important player in the finals to be worrying about the legal ramifications of his current playing status.

It must be all totally accurate.

This club has been better than no other with moving there stars on with good terms.

Even Stevie J would admit he would never have had the season he had this year without going to GWS, he needed a fresh start.

Chris Scott and Jimmy will be discussing this openly since about July and working out what is best for the club and Jimmy.

Well that's the other thing - aside from the silly notion that Scott would open himself/Geelong up to legal action by saying "We're deliberately messing with your contract." For Scott to try to pressure Jimmy out of the place without simply being honest flies in the face of how he's dealt with Kelly, Stokes, SJ, Milburn, Mooney and probably others.

I think it's just the media looking for a storyline in PF week and running with this because Jimmy didn't get his usual 20+ touches. They might want to re-watch some of the key moments from the Hawthorn game and see how much Jimmy was involved. I would be pretty pissed if he's dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's just the media looking for a storyline in PF week and running with this because Jimmy didn't get his usual 20+ touches. They might want to re-watch some of the key moments from the Hawthorn game and see how much Jimmy was involved. I would be pretty pissed if he's dropped.

I don't expect them to put any positive narrative around us given that we took from them the narrative they wanted.

The shortest of short leashes....

Go Catters

This is complete and utter bullshit. Please * off.

Hope you dont mind me taking a look here and posting something.
To me, its absurd that Jimmy's position is up for debate at this time of year.
It reminds me a little of the talk re Hodge earlier in the for the Hawks. Fact is Hodge was in our best players in both finals.
yes they have slowed down, yes they arent the players they were, but are they in the best 22?? by so far its not funny.

bartel did a good job on Gibbo, but to me that has nothing to do with it.
When the game vs Hawthorn was up for grabs, who beat 2 players to a contested footy, won it, and against the odds handballed the ball from off the ground to a running Selwood to set up the Caddy winning goal??
In that last quarter, Ruggles turned the ball over at will, Motlop burned the ball at will. But Jimmy had one chance to change the game, and he did.
Players like Bartel, Hodge etc know how to get it done on the biggest of stages.

I can see why people think he might be dropped. Not as quick as he was, maybe cant play as many positions due to it etc.
but the positives of him in the side far outweigh the negatives. he doesnt fumble under pressure, he stands up under pressure, he plays taller than he is with his marking, he takes a decent defender when forward.
and i guarantee you that if the cats are up by a kick with 20 seconds to go, other than Hodge (i may be biased), there is no other player in the game that i would trust more to put his body on the line to win the game.

Good luck Friday night!

Hope you dont mind me taking a look here and posting something.
To me, its absurd that Jimmy's position is up for debate at this time of year.
It reminds me a little of the talk re Hodge earlier in the for the Hawks. Fact is Hodge was in our best players in both finals.
yes they have slowed down, yes they arent the players they were, but are they in the best 22?? by so far its not funny.

bartel did a good job on Gibbo, but to me that has nothing to do with it.
When the game vs Hawthorn was up for grabs, who beat 2 players to a contested footy, won it, and against the odds handballed the ball from off the ground to a running Selwood to set up the Caddy winning goal??
In that last quarter, Ruggles turned the ball over at will, Motlop burned the ball at will. But Jimmy had one chance to change the game, and he did.
Players like Bartel, Hodge etc know how to get it done on the biggest of stages.

I can see why people think he might be dropped. Not as quick as he was, maybe cant play as many positions due to it etc.
but the positives of him in the side far outweigh the negatives. he doesnt fumble under pressure, he stands up under pressure, he plays taller than he is with his marking, he takes a decent defender when forward.
and i guarantee you that if the cats are up by a kick with 20 seconds to go, other than Hodge (i may be biased), there is no other player in the game that i would trust more to put his body on the line to win the game.

Good luck Friday night!

Takes an outsider to impart some sense and wisdom into this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back