Roast Media, Grrrr...

Remove this Banner Ad

Play on !

After the game Lynch must have come up on 5 separate occasions on both 7 and Fox Footy. Forget who won and why, it’s Lynch Lynch Lynch. And then they turned to Cotchin as well.....

There’s just zero doubt the media are into us big time. Maybe it’s a hangover from when we were sh*t and how they could always talk and write about how crap we were all the time and thrive on the negativity it generated. They don’t have that to hang onto now so instead, they’ll look for any small story to blow totally out of proportion and pray it has an effect. And if there isn’t a story, they’ll make one up.

Will we eventually become like Darth Vader, so hated he's loved?

Or will we be treated in the same way as Vladimir Putin
Was nearly going to give Hymie Lloyd a pass for his analysis on AAA till he inferred that Jones grabbing for his back was some how due to neck trauma caused by the Cotch tackle. Any moron can see Jones grabs for his back because he lands on Cotchin’s boot
Really do these guys and girls even watch the game

What did we do to this Jai Bednall guy? That article and then this one:

He’s an Adelaide supporter.
He wrote an angst filled article the day after the 2017 saying how it wasn’t fair that the GF was played at the G. You could hear the pain of the result in his words. Hilarious. Since then he’s been anti Richmond.

These news.com.au ‘journos’ are embarrassing. Pretty much every one of their articles quotes randoms on twitter to back up their biased salty view.

Agree. But actually what I meant wasn't comment guys, but as much attention to analysis of the game as they do the politics, personalities and click bait. You can find videos pulling apart the game plan of Barcelona or Liverpool, or NBA teams - in great detail. See if you can find anything like that for the AFL.

Even the best commentators / expert analysts just do snippets.

The AFL is a great game to try and pull apart, cause you often find intriguing things. But you rarely see any attempt to do that in any depth. e.g. the number of times 'experts' say that "Richmond's main weakness is poor contested ball". They simply have no idea what our game plan is and why we win so much. Most experts explaining to us have no idea what they are talking about - why teams win, and how they do it.
Or they are lazy ass and describe our football as "chaos" football. That's because they simply don't understand our game style and can't describe it.

Our style is actually extremely structured with players having clearly defined roles (one of the reasons Castagna stays in the team even when everyone here seem to continually call for him to be dropped) and when we are ON it's a beautiful thing to watch.

Even my wife who is a Brit (dual citizen) and supports the Dockers (we live in Freo) sits up and yells "here they go"! when we have the ball and everyone takes off...she loves it ! Lol

Forget the footy shows. Forget the media. We are living a dream after nearly 40 years of pain. Our players go in hard and fast, tackle and pressure furiously and then run like the clappers when we inevitably win the ball.

As supporters that's surely all we need to be concerned with. Opinions, particularly those of hacks who have never even played the game mean nothing. The opinions of tubby past legends of the game should be taken with the grains of SALT that they're often spoken with.

Go Tigers !

Btw I agree fully with Ross Lyon - Cotch went in lower and harder for the ball, side on, exactly how players are trained to win the ball. If you accidentally get someone high because you beat them to the ball, at worst it's a free kick.

FFS if you take winning the ball hard but fair out of the game, we might as well be playing basketball or table tennis.

As mentioned last week my younger brother has developed epilepsy from repeated head trauma from 25 years of playing footy (he got picked off behind the play many times in country leagues) so to me the head is sacrosanct.

But it's different if there is no intent to hit the head when trying to win a 50/50 ground ball (Cotchin) as opposed to having the option to tackle when oppo already has the ball and instead deciding to bump high (Long).

Ross Lyon was exactly right imo.

Robbo has come out today and called Vlastuin a cheat for saying he touched the ball last night.
Below is the footage Robbo is using for his in depth analysis - he put his special glasses on and has deduced that there is clearly daylight between fist and ball - you cant argue good science - Vlastuin is obviously a cheat

Annotation on 2020-10-12 at 13-42-51.png

Attachments

• 1602470527830.png
    1602470527830.png
    881 bytes · Views: 38

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone seems to be forgetting the fourth option...that he actually touched the ball. For sure I could see the trajectory of the ball change after passing Vlaus' fist. I don't have any doubt at all, considering his immediate reaction, that he did touch the ball.

Imagine Slobbo trying to get a touch ! LOL

Watching the real time footage of that touched ball from behind the goal, it looks like the footy deviates on its path when vlas allegedly didn't touch it. The midichlorians are strong in Vlas..
Exactly !

My reading of Vlaustin's reaction immediately after the touch was that he was relieved, because he'd just managed to get his knuckles to a ball that he knew he should have been able to put his fist right through. The goal umpire was right there and called touched before Vlaus even approached him.

The comments of those in the media who have implied he cheated cannot be supported by a shred of evidence. It's appalling to say those things about him publicly, and fairly indicative of the anti-Richmond bias that's taken over the media this season.

Watching last nights game , the report on Ladhams , channel 7 in particular BT said repeatedly nothin in it I tend to agree, but if it was a tiger, any tiger he would have been screaming for the guilotine.

worst commentator in world sport

Watching last nights game , the report on Ladhams , channel 7 in particular BT said repeatedly nothin in it I tend to agree, but if it was a tiger, any tiger he would have been screaming for the guilotine.

worst commentator in world sport
How about Wayne Carey. Said nothing in the punch "would be unlucky if he got fined" yet Jacks FAIR bump he was saying he may get a fine for.

How about Wayne Carey. Said nothing in the punch "would be unlucky if he got fined" yet Jacks FAIR bump he was saying he may get a fine for.
Channel 7

How's GEN going. Geelong Entertainment Network!!!!

* me I don't think I've heard them talk to a Tiger all week long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How's GEN going. Geelong Entertainment Network!!!!

fu** me I don't think I've heard them talk to a Tiger all week long

Only Wayne Campbell the on other day.
Who cares. Everyone’s tipping Geelong but all the ex coaches are tipping us. Says something.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And every text that gets lucky enough to be read out is a full on Dangerfield/Ablett wankfest.

I'm with captain blood 17 in boycotting all media outside of RFC website

And every text that gets lucky enough to be read out is a full on Dangerfield/Ablett wankfest.

I'm with captain blood 17 in boycotting all media outside of RFC website

I blocked all media on Social Media platforms many months ago and it has been great. I no longer get my heart rate up with the crap they write about the Tigers. The worst for a while was Ralph and He ended up blocking me at the same time I blocked him. He is an utter moron.

The only time I see anything now is if it is shared by anyone I follow. Then I get my back up and usually give in and reply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back