Roast Media/McClure Misrepresenting Mental Mess on Mindful Camp

Remove this Banner Ad

I just find it surprising that after all of this time, no-one has any clue about what specifically what actually happened on the camp. That's what fuels speculation, not the media. It's pretty easy for a player to come out and say what happened no the camp but it hasn't which fuels suspicion. Regardless, it must have been pretty bad.
The facts and specifics have been stated in the OP and a few of the posters on here. The club has made statements there was no real significant traumas (relating to the camp) and the club has moved on. The real question is “are people accepting of the facts, or they want to keep seeking for facts that may never be found?”

The facts and specifics have been stated in the OP and a few of the posters on here. The club has made statements there was no real significant traumas (relating to the camp) and the club has moved on. The real question is “are people accepting of the facts, or they want to keep seeking for facts that may never be found?”
Self fulfilling prophecy - media say something happened - people look for something - find nothing - must be something HIDDEN

The Williams comment and McManure should be held to account over this

The media reported alot of information about the camp. The club denied about half of it until they were forced into admitting it was true which made us look silly.

The other half of the media reporting was sensationalist rubbish.

The media was half right, the club was half right.
The media was right in that there was a camp. I'd say they were 5% right on the other bullshit.

eg blindfolded for 24 hours with the Richmond song played incessantly? A twenty minute bus trip with a blindfold and the song played once by a comedian....that's not being half right, that's just embarrassingly so way off the mark it could never constitute being half right.

Hey guys,

Dees supporter here. I come in peace. I can't be bothered going through all of the pages of the camp stuff. But I was chatting to my Dad the other day who really wanted to know what happened on the camp and I didn't know specifically. Can you guys sum up what happened specifically? Obviously more than just listening to the richmond theme song etc.

We don't cooperate with the media and therefore they will turn any sort of AFC episode into a calamitous event.

Williams I can accept, but what was the worst thing Mclure said about us?
Don't.

Just don't.
You were right there believing everything they wrote or said.
My posture re self fulfilling prophecy was including you and the others who ran with the "I've got an inside source " who " knew something" but "couldn't say" what it was.

Here's a taste of what he said

I'm not even going to " told you so" - even after you and your like minded cohorts lay s**t unlimited those of us who simply asked for proof .

You all know how wrong you were - and you don't need me to tell you.

We don't cooperate with the media and therefore they will turn any sort of AFC episode into a calamitous event.
This is what we were saying .....but as much as people are agreeing with this in hindsight ..at the time, they were swallowing the media line "hook, line, and sinker" ......the "tied naked to a tree" statement, i think generated 5 pages of posts alone on that absurd statement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess there are those that swallow everything bad the media says about our club, and then there are those who swallow everything good the club comes out with.
Those of us that rather believe the club than the media are called sychophants and those that believe the media before the club are called .. Realists?????
Go figure!
Who would have thought that those two adjectives are used mainly by... wait for it... the 'REALISTS'.

Don't.

Just don't.
My posture re self fulfilling prophecy was including you and the others who ran with the "I've got an inside source " who " knew something" but "couldn't say" what it was.

I'm not even going to " told you so" - even after you and your like minded cohorts lay s**t unlimited those of us who simply asked for proof .

Totally agree with this and is similar to those that believe in the existence of God. We get told he exists but no definitive proof.

Whilst the club was cleared of breaking rules they were found to be lacking in governance and due diligence, this wouldn’t have been the case had all been rosey with the camp. Jacobs has come out and said it was a fail and affected our season. Pyke apologised.

So those back slapping also need to acknowledge they were wrong when they said the camp wasn’t an issue, it clearly was.

Don't.

Just don't.

FMD
You peddle more bullshit than any media has.
How was he wrong suggesting people dealing with the mind should be properly trained?
If that's the worst he said about the camp then.....
I think there's been enough proof about players being culturally upset as well as other players - Andrew Fagan even said so.
He proved Brett was lying when he said the other day that they found out following the camp that players were upset, yet Brett said after the camp there were no lingering issues.
Sure Mark Williams was completely wrong. I never took it as fact and I haven't seen anyone else do the same.
Obviously not everything reported was true and clearly not everything said by the club was true.

Whilst the club was cleared of breaking rules they were found to be lacking in governance and due diligence, this wouldn’t have been the case had all been rosey with the camp. Jacobs has come out and said it was a fail and affected our season. Pyke apologised.

So those back slapping also need to acknowledge they were wrong when they said the camp wasn’t an issue, it clearly was.

The camp was a distraction and obviously we got parts of it wrong however our season was derailed by players returning in less than peak condition and an injury toll that eventually caught up with the club.

If players return in less than peak condition then we had to ramp up fitness training therefore a domino effect.

The camp was a distraction and obviously we got parts of it wrong however our season was derailed by players returning in less than peak condition and an injury toll that eventually caught up with the club.

If players return in less than peak condition then we had to ramp up fitness training therefore a domino effect.
Our season was derailed by a number of things including the camp. There is no denying it. Instead of getting the players in the right mental space it had the opposite affect and then how we handled any player unhappiness made it worse. Then the club failed the aftermath. That press conference to explain it was a mess.

Some players returned out of shape, not all, but we ramped up the training for everyone and caused injuries which we then mismanaged.

We used Kangatech incorrectly.

Consequences for our failed football program? None. Oh the integrity officer Burton bypassed has been promoted to a full time position.

Totally agree with this and is similar to those that believe in the existence of God. We get told he exists but no definitive proof.
Maybe the "sources" I keep hearing about relating to the media's reporting...is....God?

The issue is this:
- Club and players had ackowledged that the Camp wasn't a raging success.
- fans who believed the club more than the media were unanimous that certain things did go wrong or could have done better (I've yet to see a deluded fan saying "we should have kept our membership with Collective Minds, the Camp was a complete success!")
- McClure/Wilson et al. have been flogs all year, making BS accusations which have ultimately been found to be just that- BS (with maybe a couple of ACTUAL facts).

All 3 points above are not mutually exclusive.

I guess there are those that swallow everything bad the media says about our club, and then there are those who swallow everything good the club comes out with.
Those of us that rather believe the club than the media are called sychophants and those that believe the media before the club are called .. Realists?????
Go figure!
Who would have thought that those two adjectives are used mainly by... wait for it... the 'REALISTS'.
I'm as much a cynic as the next person ...but i'm an even greater cynic about how the media operates ....so i apply simple logic to most situations

It's like the FiveAA process
1. Create some scandel, via an evocative statement .....starts irate callers clogging talkback line
2. Keep adding fuel for a period of days ....till the story gets a bit jaded
3. Start to pour cold water on the situation, they created .....by asking for rationale discussion or adding an alternate argument

You can put your stop watch to it .....it's the old Newspaper scam

The issue is this:
- Club and players had ackowledged that the Camp wasn't a raging success.
- fans who believed the club more than the media were unanimous that certain things did go wrong or could have done better (I've yet to see a deluded fan saying "we should have kept our membership with Collective Minds, the Camp was a complete success!")
- McClure/Wilson et al. have been a flogs all year, making BS accusations which have ultimately been found to be just that- BS (with maybe a couple of ACTUAL facts).

All 3 points above are not mutually exclusive.
I’m pretty sure that more than a few supporters believed the club when they originally came out and said that there were no issues with the camp and they also believed it had no affect on our season. Were you one of them?

It was only the media probing which led to the club coming clean it was a fail and the afl investigation which found a lack of governance and due diligence. Chapman had previously said we did our due diligence.

I might have missed it but I can’t recall posters stating they believed all the media reports including the being tied naked to trees story. But they didn’t believe the clubs original version that all was fine when it has been proven it clearly wasn’t.

I'm as much a cynic as the next person ...but i'm an even greater cynic about how the media operates ....so i apply simple logic to most situations

It's like the FiveAA process
1. Create some scandel, via an evocative statement .....starts irate callers clogging talkback line
2. Keep adding fuel for a period of days ....till the story gets a bit jaded
3. Start to pour cold water on the situation, they created .....by asking for rationale discussion or adding an alternate argument

You can put your stop watch to it .....it's the old Newspaper scam

So your suggesting that media create content be it false or true. So they can wrap it around the advertising which is their true purpose. Hmm, something to think about.

I’m pretty sure that more than a few supporters believed the club when they originally came out and said that there were no issues with the camp and they also believed it had no affect on our season. Were you one of them?

It was only the media probing which led to the club coming clean it was a fail and the afl investigation which found a lack of governance and due diligence. Chapman had previously said we did our due diligence.

I might have missed it but I can’t recall posters stating they believed all the media reports including the being tied naked to trees story. But they didn’t believe the clubs original version that all was fine when it has been proven it clearly wasn’t.
I think the problem is that you and a fair few others are taking it too literally. The club did apologise they had made mistakes, which implied that things could have been done better.
What I think is going on is that you're taking the club's apology, and the reports of Media "debacle" as face value. Something along the lines of "aha! It must have been a debacle for the club to apologise!"

When in reality, the actual season itself was a debacle (from the hammy incidents). The Preseason Camp - debacle? It's implying the majority of players were a mess. 1-2 players unhappy, does not make a whole.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back