Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bay 13: Flog of the Year
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
“You pro camp people”.

Nobody was “pro camp “ !
And as for

“Using the 18 players re signed is akin to saying if we do the camp again this pre season then all was fine, but if we don’t then it wasn’t.”
You’re using 1 player to say it wasn’t !

2DE3CED0-F52A-4997-B903-A088AF4CF0AB.gif

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Nobody was “pro camp “ !
And as for

“Using the 18 players re signed is akin to saying if we do the camp again this pre season then all was fine, but if we don’t then it wasn’t.”
You’re using 1 player to say it wasn’t !

View attachment 582425
See when I say pro camp it’s just the same as you saying we believe everything in the media. We don’t, I don’t believe there is one person on this forum who would believe everything said about the camp
(However there were a few on here saying our guys need to harden up, intimating the camp was fine, but it’s the players who are the issue)

No I’m using the AFL’s findings to say we didn’t do our due diligence, I’m using the clubs/pyke apology to the players for the failed camp, I’m using Sam Jacobs interview where he said it affected them all year and wasn’t what they needed, I’m using the fact we cut our ties with them mid contract (you reckon they did that because 2 player didn’t like them) I’m using the fact that we still haven’t got our stories straight Burton/CM
Ie Fagan the other day said that CM hadn’t been back to the club since the camp.
JJ on the Monday after the Melbourne game (May) said they’re still around the club and they were always planned to come back mid year.
There’s really nothing you can called the camp other than a big fat fail and the way we handled it a big fat fail.
The media aren’t responsible for either of those.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I don’t have to
It’s all there for everyone to read

You spent page after page criticizing anyone who asked for proof or sources

The “fact” that you post a screen shot as back up for your whole “camp /smoke / Fire” stance when FACTS such as 18 players staying stare you smack in the face but you refuse to acknowledge, well - “lies” - think not.
And I’m very happy for people to read, because if they do you’ll see I have never believed everything that’s been written.

You have been the main one criticized because you’ve been hypocritical, asked for proof, got it but still didn’t accept it and made things up.
Posting the screen shot was just to show how wrong you were.
First it was “we had no proof.”
Then “oh but that’s only one person.”
Then “oh it’s not the argument.”
You’ve been found out again.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting you say if we were still traumatised our results would have been the opposite. You mean like they were since the camp :p ?
You pro camp people don’t seem to understand that it was due to the media we actually realized and admitted it was a fail and we failed the players in doing our due diligence as the AFL found.
Using the 18 players re signed is akin to saying if we do the camp again this pre season then all was fine, but if we don’t then it wasn’t.
As Subaru said, there are no “pro camp” fans. We’re not arguing for the merits of the Camp. The discussion surrounds the reporting of the Camp and how seriously misguided it has been from the outset, and then the monthly rumours thereafter which mostly have been proven to be garbage news.

And yes, it was a fail. Results this year have shown that. But the BIG fail didn’t happen from the aftermath of the Camp (first 2 months), but more so from the aftermath of the hammies pandemic (mid-year).

Camp failed, but not “debacle/disaster”. Preventing of injuries failed, was a DEBACLE/DISASTER!

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Was it the camp that effected them all year or the incessant bullshit sprouted by the media? What did Jacobs actually mean? Or, are you the only one that can interpret what people say correctly?
You appear to concentrate a lot on the " but it did effect them all year " and not at all on the "things written about him weren’t true ".
Why is that?
Called it a fail and said “it was part of the reason the club fell out of the finals”
Interpret that how you like, it’s pretty clear.
I’m focusing on that because we are mostly responsible for how the media came at us.
When you deny deny deny, hold embarrassingly poor press conferences, shut them out, have players/spouses leaking what do you want them to do?

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
As Subaru said, there are no “pro camp” fans. We’re not arguing for the merits of the Camp. The discussion surrounds the reporting of the Camp and how seriously misguided it has been from the outset, and then the monthly rumours thereafter which mostly have been proven to be garbage news.

And yes, it was a fail. Results this year have shown that. But the BIG fail didn’t happen from the aftermath of the Camp (first 2 months), but more so from the aftermath of the hammies pandemic (mid-year).

Camp failed, but not “debacle/disaster”. Preventing of injuries failed, was a DEBACLE/DISASTER!
I used pro camp to show what Subaru is doing by saying we/I have believed everything. It’s just rubbish.

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
See when I say pro camp it’s just the same as you saying we believe everything in the media. We don’t, I don’t believe there is one person on this forum who would believe everything said about the camp
(However there were a few on here saying our guys need to harden up, intimating the camp was fine, but it’s the players who are the issue)

No I’m using the AFL’s findings to say we didn’t do our due diligence, I’m using the clubs/pyke apology to the players for the failed camp, I’m using Sam Jacobs interview where he said it affected them all year and wasn’t what they needed, I’m using the fact we cut our ties with them mid contract (you reckon they did that because 2 player didn’t like them) I’m using the fact that we still haven’t got our stories straight Burton/CM
Ie Fagan the other day said that CM hadn’t been back to the club since the camp.
JJ on the Monday after the Melbourne game (May) said they’re still around the club and they were always planned to come back mid year.
There’s really nothing you can called the camp other than a big fat fail and the way we handled it a big fat fail.
The media aren’t responsible for either of those.
Nobody - NOBODY - was expounding how “good “ the camp was.
You have been expounding how “bad” it was. Fail - maybe - but you and the media were calling it a fail based on nothing other than rumours and fake news.

The rest of your post is white noise

Your posts are here for all to read if they give a s**t about what you think

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
I used pro camp to show what Subaru is doing by saying we/I have believed everything. It’s just rubbish.

No
You’re incorrect and using terms I and nobody else ever used

My term is that you were “suckered” in by the likes of Wilson and Williams

You posted one screen shot - and that was the sole basis for your entire argument

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide

Exactly

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Did you see Sam Jacobs last interview? Once again middle ground, he said some things written about him weren’t true but it did effect them all year and it wasn’t what the group needed at the time.

Of course I read the interview but why aren’t we going full bore on those that spread the untruths and kept repeating the said mistruths for their own agenda.

The problem is this can never be resolved because the truth will never come out and even if does, some will refuse to believe it because from my reading those individuals take more credence of the media than other sources.

Perhaps the cutting of CM was to lance it and get it behind us, like having a clean slate.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course I read the interview but why aren’t we going full bore on those that spread the untruths and kept repeating the said mistruths for their own agenda.

The problem is this can never be resolved because the truth will never come out and even if does, some will refuse to believe it because from my reading those individuals take more credence of the media than other sources.

Perhaps the cutting of CM was to lance it and get it behind us, like having a clean slate.
You got it mate! The truth will never come out if you're trying to take the side of McNure/Wilson. They gave smoke signals when they were the ones starting the fire in the first place!

When it became more and more obvious that the club wasn't in total disarray, when players were returning from injuries after the bye and we won 6 out of the last 9 matches. Then came the re-signings of all (except one) of our main stars. Yet, instead of those asses accepting that there could have been misfire from their initial reports, they chose to ignore all evidence of team-mateship shown by the players throughout the year, and despite the injuries.

Sloane's re-signing was a HUGE factor in the sway of evidence. He could have left us for bigger money and the home factor, and if there were serious lingering effects of the preseason camp, why did he chose to stay with the Crows?

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
^^^^^^^^
Aaaaaaaannndd

Crickets

subaru

Cancelled
Nov 14, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Don’t take it as a win.
I’ve just had enough of someone that doesn’t read and blatantly makes stuff up.
A win ?
Is that why you engage in discourse here ?

Very surprised you haven’t given up years ago then

anyone hear what Will Anderson has heard about the crows camp?

He revealed yesterday on MMM Hot Breakfast in Melb that the crows players had to hold each other by the genitals as part of the festivities of the camp..

Surely we can't stand idly by and let this sort of rumour mongering happen can we?

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan

He revealed yesterday on MMM Hot Breakfast in Melb that the crows players had to hold each other by the genitals as part of the festivities of the camp..

Surely we can't stand idly by and let this sort of rumour mongering happen can we?
Luke Darcy actually mentioned it. Roo was actually ropable when speaking to Will yesterday. I wonder if our club will finally take action. I think not.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Why not? Everyone knows its BS, yet it managed to attract media attention during the year ..

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Luke Darcy actually mentioned it. Roo was actually ropable when speaking to Will yesterday. I wonder if our club will finally take action. I think not.
Roo has been made jokes about the camp on the radio as well, I don't think he's too invested

Why not? Everyone knows its BS, yet it managed to attract media attention during the year ..
lets make a Collingwood comparison here

if someone had levelled this at Collingwood, eddie would be on the phone to every lawyer within 100 miles

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
lets make a Collingwood comparison here

if someone had levelled this at Collingwood, eddie would be on the phone to every lawyer within 100 miles
Collingwood are a constant source of derision. They'd be completely broke and exhausted if they tried to attack everyone who publicly satirised their foibles and idiosyncrasies

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

As hilarious it would be to me if it were true (the utensil holding festivities), would anyone believe or take seriously something a bloke says with a haircut like this?

Brisbane-Powerhouse-Wil-Anderson-2017-1178x663.jpeg

Apr 1, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kilkenny Cats, WWT Eagles
Just as a complete aside I had the pleasure of catching up with Jens Voight on the Tour of Margaret River (cycling). Jens told a great story about a pre-season camp in Norway where they had been out in the cold for days without food and very little sleep. He and Fabian Cancellara were on fire watch during the middle of the night when Fabian produced a chocolate bar he'd been saving and he shared it with Jens. Jens said after that he would do anything for Fabian.
I couldn't help thinking of the Crows camp.
I wonder if those guys on team Trek had a psychologist on board, and the terrible conditions they must have endured, all without an enquiry or media scrutiny. Or are cyclists just so much harder than footballers?
Of course the club has to exercise due diligence, but this type of camp goes on around the world with no-one, including the participants, creating any real fuss about it.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Just as a complete aside I had the pleasure of catching up with Jens Voight on the Tour of Margaret River (cycling). Jens told a great story about a pre-season camp in Norway where they had been out in the cold for days without food and very little sleep. He and Fabian Cancellara were on fire watch during the middle of the night when Fabian produced a chocolate bar he'd been saving and he shared it with Jens. Jens said after that he would do anything for Fabian.
I couldn't help thinking of the Crows camp.
I wonder if those guys on team Trek had a phsycologist on board, and the terrible conditions they must have endured, all without an enquiry or media scrutiny. Or are cyclists just so much harder than footballers?
Of course the club has to exercise due diligence, but this type of camp goes on around the world with no-one, including the participants, creating any real fuss about it.
The main issue I see is the club misreading the players, with all the s**t they have been through it seems like a mind camp was the last thing they needed (as Jacobs alluded to.)
Have all these other participants on camps that dont complain had their coach murdered or another die from cancer or had they just lost a grand final?

Back