Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The recently reinstated AFL journo Mitch Cleary reckons Newnes's gift from the umpires last night was the best after the siren goal since #Malcom Blight's. I'm not sure how it was any better than Robbie's FROM ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO and at least Robbie's was fully legitimate. Ban the campaigner again!

Cornes saying our 10 goal loss to Geelong was attributable to us not wanting to reveal our true tactics against Geelong...

The 5G conspiracy theory seems more believable Kane, but I guess he’ll say whatever it takes to put Ken in good light.
Ah yes, because teams that don't wanna show their tactics lose by 10 goals and never ever ever looked in the match.

I know that's the best way to coach.

Cornes saying our 10 goal loss to Geelong was attributable to us not wanting to reveal our true tactics against Geelong...

The 5G conspiracy theory seems more believable Kane, but I guess he’ll say whatever it takes to put Ken in good light.

Ah yes, not only did we lose but we totally destroyed our percentage advantage to hoodwink Geelong. Big brain stuff Kane.

True tactics? Are we redrafting Neade this week?

Ah yes, not only did we lose but we totally destroyed our percentage advantage to hoodwink Geelong. Big brain stuff Kane.

I called it yesterday. We don’t want to finish top so we lost big on purpose to let the others catch up and overtake us. Then once they think we’re a non-factor we’ll ambush them with our one true unpracticed and untested gameplan that will not only win the flag but revolutionise the sport.

Act strong when you’re weak, act weak when you’re strong.

I called it yesterday. We don’t want to finish top so we lost big on purpose to let the others catch up and overtake us. Then once they think we’re a non-factor we’ll ambush them with our one true unpracticed and untested gameplan that will not only win the flag but revolutionise the sport.

Act strong when you’re weak, act weak when you’re strong.

I am starting to believe Jane Corner is Janus

JAne, JAnus?

I am starting to believe Jane Corner is Janus

JAne, JAnus?

Nah that’s a reach Kane is more likely to be one of those odd randos that pops up outta nowhere to defend ol’ mate.

Funnily enough I had a thought that Econopower could be Kane when I saw that new thread this morning. Why economy? Maybe he can run all day like someone we know idk.

The recently reinstated AFL journo Mitch Cleary reckons Newnes's gift from the umpires last night was the best after the siren goal since #Malcom Blight's. I'm not sure how it was any better than Robbie's FROM ONLY A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO and at least Robbie's was fully legitimate. Ban the campaigner again!
Gray's kick was inside the boundary line and Newnes was outside, so technically his kick was harder than Robbie's but there wasn't much in it.

Reckon having to force the lazy cameraman and security guard who were too stupid to move also made it a bit tougher as he had to focus on them getting off their *in arse and get out of the way and then focus back on the kick, was a bit tougher too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't even insult Rocky by comparing him to Kane Cones. Yeah, there's the junk stats, but Rocky will come off his own man from time to time to make a tackle that benefits the entire team.

Do you think that is a touch unfair?

Kane can be a tool in his media work, but he was the premier tagger in the competition for a number of years and even as his career faded and the stat padding became more common, his effort was strong. I think of him as someone who got the most out of a pretty limited skillset. He certainly did more for the club than Rocky has managed so far.

Gray's kick was inside the boundary line and Newnes was outside, so technically his kick was harder than Robbie's but there wasn't much in it.

Reckon having to force the lazy cameraman and security guard who were too stupid to move also made it a bit tougher as he had to focus on them getting off their fu**in arse and get out of the way and then focus back on the kick, was a bit tougher too.

It was a fine kick all right, but given the circumstances that led up to Newnes being gifted it, it deserves even more of a backlash than that potty mouthed Carlton supporting granny gave Robbie's match winner ;)

Do you think that is a touch unfair?

Kane can be a tool in his media work, but he was the premier tagger in the competition for a number of years and even as his career faded and the stat padding became more common, his effort was strong. I think of him as someone who got the most out of a pretty limited skillset. He certainly did more for the club than Rocky has managed so far.

Kane's effort was always strong when it came to stopping his direct opponent. Lost count of the number of times he was within arms reach of an opposition player with the ball but peeled off to cover his direct opponent rather than make the tackle on the ball carrier.
Kane left the field happy if he nullified his direct opponent.

Kane's effort was always strong when it came to stopping his direct opponent. Lost count of the number of times he was within arms reach of an opposition player with the ball but peeled off to cover his direct opponent rather than make the tackle on the ball carrier.
I thought Kane Cornes did his best work for Port when he gave Brodie Holland the finger.

He had flaws in his game for sure. But if all of our players were as dedicated to getting the most out of themselves as he did we would have been a better team over the past five years.

On the topic at hand. Kane’s been pretty savvy in his media career so far. In a post-truth world you make it by creating controversy - journalist as entertainer - rather than striving for balance or objectivity. I think of him like a much duller version of Stephen A Smith on ESPN.

On the topic at hand. Kane’s been pretty savvy in his media career so far. In a post-truth world you make it by creating controversy - journalist as entertainer - rather than striving for balance or objectivity. I think of him like a much duller version of Stephen A Smith on ESPN.
Stephen A Smith wasn't a miserable tagger so he is expansionist in his musings. Kane is such a restrictions always whinging about minor stuff.

Perhaps but he has said some pretty crazy stuff over the years...
Yeah he is mad as a cut snake. I've always wondered if he is a drinker or is he like Choco, doesn't drink but always high on adrenaline.

Stephen A, Max Kellerman and the NBA media at large are ****ing painful to listen to. Sensationalist dick swinging player comparisons is all they do. If any of our media personalities start taking tips from the way they go about it, the worse off we will be. It wouldn't be something to celebrate. A few weeks ago on 9 they were discussing "who is the GOAT?" so it's heading that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back