Grave Danger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2000
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Woomera Centrals, Jazza
Apparently the Gibbs trade is not an unmitigated disaster, but "smart drafting", due to the rich bounty of young talent those two first rounders helped to attract in Hamill (looks good), Worral (hasn't got a game yet) and Ned McHeadcase (snort). But wait, there's more! They've still got Freo's 3rd round pick to come!!

Good old Bryce was just the steak knives, but you might wonder who they could have drafted with those two first rounders, and held on to with Gibbsy's huge $$$.

RussellEbertHandball

Flick pass expert
Nov 16, 2004
SE Oz
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
The coverage of the college football has actually lagged a long way behin.d both the Vic and WA press. Considering it's where most of the draftees come from these days, it probably should get half decent reportage.
Several private schools have woken up like Vic private schools did 20-30 years ago and really cranked up football scholarships. They have worked out the marketing value of having successful sports teams and star junior players.

Plus it's a way to tap into their alumni.

In Oz it's been a 40 year trend that private schools have increased their share of enrollments. It sits at about 36% but secondary school enrollments at private schools is about 42%. The OECD average for all private school enrollments is about 18%.

So it's just good business for private schools to give footy scholarships and get lots of recognition that they had 4, 5 or 6 players drafted. Think PAC had 6 players drafted in 2018 draft.

No real different how US colleges have functioned some for 100 years, most others post WWII.

Last edited:

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Apparently the Gibbs trade is not an unmitigated disaster, but "smart drafting", due to the rich bounty of young talent those two first rounders helped to attract in Hamill (looks good), Worral (hasn't got a game yet) and Ned McHeadcase (snort). But wait, there's more! They've still got Freo's 3rd round pick to come!!

Good old Bryce was just the steak knives, but you might wonder who they could have drafted with those two first rounders, and held on to with Gibbsy's huge $$$.

They could have literally drafted the exact same.players if they wanted to.

But they wouldn't have because they know they could do better.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Dore

International Trade Facilitator
Aug 30, 2004
a three hour tour.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Canadiens, Ports
Footy articles have been few and far between this season........... until the Crows finally get a couple of wins :$ The next bit of spin from an ambassador has been published

Adelaide Crows Camp: Collective Mind directors Amon Woulfe and Derek Leddie speak to Graham Cornes
lol, hard hitting "interview" by Camry Crows' Ambassador which proves that all those players that were actually on the camp and criticised it are lying. :rolleyes:

News Limited actually pay Ambassador Wrinkles to produce these propaganda pieces.

Enviable Tradition

Professional Procrastinator
Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
lol, hard hitting "interview" by Camry Crows' Ambassador which proves that all those players that were actually on the camp and criticised it are lying. :rolleyes:

News Limited actually pay Ambassador Wrinkles to produce these propaganda pieces.
Its more likely that the Crows pay Gra to write them and the paper to print them.

They are advertorial.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jac147

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
That's the way they all operate

Snide remark, then when it gets a reaction say it was just a joke and to not be so precious

Wrinkles MO everytime
Yes that’s a typical crow supporter reaction. Whenever I get “chatted to” by an unknown to me crow supporters I am quite rude to them as to my reply. I may have had a Port t shirt on , so to them I’m fair game. My wife says I shouldn’t be like that to which I reply “how can stop them if you don’t tell them that they are complete morons and they should mind their own business”. It’s as if god has given them the right to make any derogatory remark to any Port supporter.

Top Bottom