Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Dale Weightman and the host on SEN still going with the "very inexperienced team" line and missing players last time the two sides met. Woodcock 2nd game, Georgiades 5th game, Ladhams 10th game, Lienert 16th game, Farrell 20th game, Durrsma 28th game, Butters 30th game. They also had 7 players with 30 or less games...including Pickett "inexperienced" at 28.... and we'll just conveniently forget the dozen or so premiership players, many with two.

lol Dale Weightman and the host on SEN still going with the "very inexperienced team" line and missing players last time the two sides met. Woodcock 2nd game, Georgiades 5th game, Ladhams 10th game, Lienert 16th game, Farrell 20th game, Durrsma 28th game, Butters 30th game. They also had 7 players with 30 or less games...including Pickett "inexperienced" at 28.... and we'll just conveniently forget the dozen or so premiership players, many with two.
How well did all the extra experience work for Geelong in the QF?

Tuned in to Fox Footy’s preview. Tasked with talking us up and what was important to us winning, King and Brown spend 90% of their time highlighting Richmond’s strengths and the brilliance of Martin, Bolton and Houli. Houston gets a token mention by name as covering Martin on the high flanks. No-one else.

Two minutes later, Riewoldt and Mantegna take their turn as the Richmond strategists, and proceed to tell us how great Richmond are.

In the eyes of the media, there is only one team and one set of stars that need to be stopped tomorrow. The other is not worth discussing.

Go you hunters. Bring down that Tiger and stab it in the heart forever.

I was at the pub the other day and they had AFL 360 up on the screens. Robinson and Whately also spent 90% of their show talking up Richmond and Geelong. If I had not been in the pub I would not have given the crap the time of day.

I was at the pub the other day and they had AFL 360 up on the screens. Robinson and Whately also spent 90% of their show talking up Richmond and Geelong.

Yeah. Don't know why the call it AFL 360 tbh. ACCC should get them for false advertising. I've got a pair of short focus high index reading glasses that offer a wider view of the world than Fox Footy does.

Especially now their commentators are locked in their Melbourne homes and haven't seen a live game involving non-Victorian teams all year. They and the Victorian print media are just running stories and commentaries that are fuelled up on the fumes of the 2019 season.

At the end of the day, Richmond being talked up and us being talked down only works in our favour. Nothing bad can come from it in the wash up. Its definitely annoying, and even disrespectful, but so be it.
I don't even find it annoying... every time it comes up I just think that this is exactly what makes us perform. Bring it on

I don't even find it annoying... every time it comes up I just think that this is exactly what makes us perform.

Yep I agree with that. Staying under the radar is a good thing.

But you know, as we go into our first Prelim in 6 years I'd like to be able to tune into a footy show on some form of media that is capable of providing a half competent commentary and analysis of MY team.

Yep I agree with that. Staying under the radar is a good thing.

But you know, as we go into our first Prelim in 6 years I'd like to be able to tune into a footy show on some form of media that is capable of providing a half competent commentary and analysis of MY team.
Win the flag and we can talk about these legends for decades :)

Tuned in to Fox Footy’s preview. Tasked with talking us up and what was important to us winning, King and Brown spend 90% of their time highlighting Richmond’s strengths and the brilliance of Martin, Bolton and Houli. Houston gets a token mention by name as covering Martin on the high flanks. No-one else.

Two minutes later, Riewoldt and Mantegna take their turn as the Richmond strategists, and proceed to tell us how great Richmond are.

In the eyes of the media, there is only one team and one set of stars that need to be stopped tomorrow. The other is not worth discussing.

Go you hunters. Bring down that Tiger and stab it in the heart forever.
That sounds like the Footy Classified preview by Ross "The Boss" Lyon.....
Having said that, he was the only one that thought Richmond would win which was a surprise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

James Hird’s dad says ex-Dons boss David Evans ‘broke the trust’ that held the Bombers together

James Hird’s father says Essendon must “grow a spine” and acknowledge the treachery of former chairman David Evans in siding with the AFL on the supplements saga before it can fully heal.

Allan Hird said the “trust” and “loyalty” that had sustained the Bombers for decades “was broken in 2013” when Evans “self-reported” the club to the AFL and Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority for the alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs.

1602819653845.png

Must have been a great 4 games:

Hird played four games for Essendon between 1967-68, while his father, Allan Hird Sr, played 102 games before a lengthy stint as club president.

The Allan T. Hird Stand at Windy Hill was named in his honour.

James Hird’s dad says ex-Dons boss David Evans ‘broke the trust’ that held the Bombers together

James Hird’s father says Essendon must “grow a spine” and acknowledge the treachery of former chairman David Evans in siding with the AFL on the supplements saga before it can fully heal.

Allan Hird said the “trust” and “loyalty” that had sustained the Bombers for decades “was broken in 2013” when Evans “self-reported” the club to the AFL and Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority for the alleged use of performance-enhancing drugs.

View attachment 986771

Hird played four games for Essendon between 1967-68, while his father, Allan Hird Sr, played 102 games before a lengthy stint as club president.

That's the part I'd be upset about if my club had run a covert doping program. That they "self reported" to the league and ASADA.

Will Essendon ever just admit they did the wrong thing and cop their medicine?

That's what got them in this mess in the first place.

View attachment 986771

People continue to push the narrative that Hird was a victim of the Essendon doping scheme.

This whole idea that the way you got caught somehow lessens your crime is very odd.

Will Essendon ever just admit they did the wrong thing and cop their medicine?

I suspect they’re pissed that they alone copped the brunt of it.
There's no way that they were the only ones doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back