Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

EskimoPAFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh boy, Mark Robinson puts Richmond's loss to Sydney down to the brilliance of Sydney's young players. He puts Port's 37 point loss in the west down to Port's big heads.

Robinson is on the money when he says our loss was down to a non existent mid field and maybe too many tall forwards but big heads? The taint of Victorian bias is always there with Robinson.
Yeah ridiculous. Probably a bigger slag on Wet Toast than us.

I mean yes the pathetic diving and staging of Schuey and Ryan tainted it, but that aside Wet Toast was brilliant in that first half last week.

raptalia

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
I mean, 3 out of 4 flags buys you the ability to have down days. We have achieved three fifths of stuff all so yeh, it was our big heads.
You are only as good as your last game and the last three season should not come into it. I do not think we have big heads I think we were outplayed where it counted. Are you saying if we win this week it will be despite our big heads?

The fickleness of some supporters is amazing lose one game and we are a bunch of big heads. Don't we have enough problems with media slagging us off without having our own supporters joining the chorus?

malcheski

#BringBackTheBars
Feb 20, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
You are only as good as your last game. I do not think we have big heads I think we were outplayed where it counted. Are you saying if we win this week it will be despite our big heads?
We clearly read our own press and rocked up thinking it would just happen. From the coaches selecting a 4 tall squad for the very first time in a clutch game down to the players visible efforts, it was all ego. You don't get jumped like that if you're hungry for the contest.

Am I saying its going to dictate our season? No, its one game. But that game in isolation was purely down to big heads.

Mr Experience

Debutant
Apr 8, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Oh boy, Mark Robinson puts Richmond's loss to Sydney down to the brilliance of Sydney's young players. He puts Port's 37 point loss in the west down to Port's big heads.

Robinson is on the money when he says our loss was down to a non existent mid field and maybe too many tall forwards but big heads? The taint of Victorian bias is always there with Robinson.
As much as I dislike the Chief Football Wino of the Herald Sun and the whole Vic bias, the fact is that Richmond have plenty of runs on the board and come good in September.

We haven't earned any right to be big-headed.

Last edited:

Andre

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Well West Coast won off all their old campaigners smashing us, so he couldn't rave about their youngsters. They're probably bottom 4 for youngsters across the league. No consolation as our regular bullies beat us up as usual whilst still playing.

Yes, there's Victorian bias, but a midfield that just thought it would happen (and a coach who won't change anything whilst it could still matter) is big heads at work.

Duckimus Prime

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We clearly read our own press and rocked up thinking it would just happen. From the coaches selecting a 4 tall squad for the very first time in a clutch game down to the players visible efforts, it was all ego. You don't get jumped like that if you're hungry for the contest.
Wow... so now its big headed to pick the 4 tall squad. Which we picked against a side that has regularly been playing large numbers of tall players.

Festerz

Team Captain
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not sure where to put this, but as it relates to digital media I'm putting it here. Not sure how I was cc'd in this twitter exchange but it caught my eye as it was posted by the Crows Digital media strategy guy reposting on twitter a mildly abusive DM he received from someone.

Now you don't have to be Einstein to work out that every media person from every club gets their fair share of abusive retorts on their official social media accounts from idiot opposition fans. But what gets me is why this guy thought it was in any way helpful to repost this particular tweet to his audience. Of course, this one just happens to tar the cross town rivals which is what got my goat.

Surely the smart thing to do is to ignore rather than share?

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 3.51.03 pm.png

FrankDrebin

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well, in the aftermath of the loss our captain did come out and say the group had planned to go 22-0 this season, so there is a fairly decent chance they got ahead of themselves a touch.
"better than the 04 side" also springs to mind. Until we actually accomplish something worthwhile, it probably wouldn't hurt those within the club to let the footy do the talking for a sustained period.

tribey

5 Wins-in-a-row Certificate ‘13, ‘14, ‘18, ‘20
Mar 9, 2003
Queen St & Peter Rd
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
Not sure where to put this, but as it relates to digital media I'm putting it here. Not sure how I was cc'd in this twitter exchange but it caught my eye as it was posted by the Crows Digital media strategy guy reposting on twitter a mildly abusive DM he received from someone.

Now you don't have to be Einstein to work out that every media person from every club gets their fair share of abusive retorts on their official social media accounts from idiot opposition fans. But what gets me is why this guy thought it was in any way helpful to repost this particular tweet to his audience. Of course, this one just happens to tar the cross town rivals which is what got my goat.

View attachment 1097105
Pretty rich given their previous social media team’s policy of trolling Port at every opportunity and then blocking people who return mild fire.

Mr Experience

Debutant
Apr 8, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 1097105
It's Twitter: nothing like a good virtue signal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pretty rich given their previous social media team’s policy of trolling Port at every opportunity and then blocking people who return mild fire.
The Crows twitter admin a few years ago said "Port Adelaide are dead in the SANFL, It's Port Power reserves", and I got blocked for calling them unprofessional.

Be better crows. Be better.

tribey

5 Wins-in-a-row Certificate ‘13, ‘14, ‘18, ‘20
Mar 9, 2003
Queen St & Peter Rd
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
NUFC, YES.
The Crows twitter admin a few years ago said "Port Adelaide are dead in the SANFL, It's Port Power reserves", and I got blocked for calling them unprofessional.

Be better crows. Be better.
Yeah I was nixed around the same time for similar. Pathetic.

EskimoPAFC

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 17, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 1097105
Meh probably fake anyway (or at least there is context we aren't seeing). Most victim-style stories on the internet seem to be fake when you do even a little bit of digging.

Doctor Feel

Shitposter In Chief
Mar 30, 2009
#BringBackTheBars
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

View attachment 1097105
That's that were setup for the purpose of a like/share for $50 alex.

Nice hashtag you ******* ******** :thumbsu:, absolutely deserved that one.

Steve Dore

International Trade Facilitator
Aug 30, 2004
a three hour tour.
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Canadiens, Ports
Not sure whether to laugh or vomit View attachment 1097840
You realise that the Adelaide Mail is a satirical website so laughing is the desired response.

Not only is that guernsey mocked up in MS Paint but the "CROMRY" logo may have been a bit of a give away.

PAFC66

PAFC 150
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What did the club do to Dwayne Russell for him to hate them so much these days... ? His commentary against us , the prison bars bullshit (in some ways supporting Eddie's comments at times ) ,ontop of his comments on SEN today that Robbie Gray deliberately rushed the ball through the behinds "there wasn't enough pressure on him" 🙄😂and that he'd pay a free against him everyday ? Does the guy not know the rules? Maybe it's because he does talk back in Melbourne to whinging Richmond fans and he's desperate to appear impartial? Whatever the reason , it's weird.. it's hard enough listening to brain injured Ricciuto during our games let alone this guy.

Spadge

#bringbackthebars
Oct 7, 2004
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
What did the club do to Dwayne Russell for him to hate them so much these days... ? His commentary against us , the prison bars bullshit (in some ways supporting Eddie's comments at times ) ,ontop of his comments on SEN today that Robbie Gray deliberately rushed the ball through the behinds "there wasn't enough pressure on him" 🙄😂and that he'd pay a free against him everyday ? Does the guy not know the rules? Maybe it's because he does talk back in Melbourne to whinging Richmond fans and he's desperate to appear impartial? Whatever the reason , it's weird.. it's hard enough listening to brain injured Ricciuto during our games let alone this guy.
Dwayne is just an A grade pretentious campaigner

thats about it really

Remove this Banner Ad