Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flicked over to the footy and can't work out if Wayne Carey is calling "Ran-a-gallina".

Seems every time he goes near the ball he has a new pronunciation to his name "Ra-2-go-lea" "Ran-ago-lea"

Gallina in Italian means hen so caught my interest.

Ah the old days when we had commentators like Les Murray that new it was there job to be able to pronounce players names right.

These days just need to be grateful they actually call the right player.

I had no idea that i would miss Bruce on Friday nights.

Bruce and Dennis Cometti are the Charles Dickens and William Shakespeare of broadcasting when you put them next to Brayshaw and Taylor

If you find the exploits of down on their luck gambling addicts interesting.

lol I misread it and thought it was about the BIG FLOG DOGG

Flicked over to the footy and can't work out if Wayne Carey is calling "Ran-a-gallina".

Seems every time he goes near the ball he has a new pronunciation to his name "Ra-2-go-lea" "Ran-ago-lea"

Gallina in Italian means hen so caught my interest.

Ah the old days when we had commentators like Les Murray that new it was there job to be able to pronounce players names right.

These days just need to be grateful they actually call the right player.
Heard him say "Rat-a-go-louie" once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bar is set mighty low at the present time.
And even worse when they are in a studio trying to commentate a game they are watching on TV. And then they usually don't recognise players in teams that are not from Melbourne. In a GWS game they hadn't noticed Haynes had got injured until after the sub was on.
I get really mad about these guys not knowing their stuff. Just today here's a quote from Callum Twomey who says " Five years after Hamish Hartlett rejected the chance to move back to Victoria, the deep-thinking defender is reaping the rewards" Move back to Victoria - he never moved there in the first place.
Just get your facts right you're getting paid good money and someone like me shouldn't be able to correct them.

Yep, that's what we always said we wanted. :rolleyes:Makes me angry to think these aren't just warriors on a footy forum but well paid "journalists" with a ready-made audience. Isn't sub-editing a thing any more?
Victorian media industry they have created sickens me to the core. Just about as cynical as the Melbourne based blockbusters drawing in money to a charity based in Melbourne where the money would never leave their state.

Ross Lyon reckons were not the port Adelaide fc apparently we are the port power fc fu**en w***er.
Heard that while driving and had to mute it. Wasn't even being called out by the others on his barefaced lies either.

No wonder why your average Victorian football follower is clueless about what goes on outside their borders. It's the blind leading the blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back