Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blight said last night - that this game reminded him of the 1995 grand final when he coached Geelong. He knew then he needed to retire as the players didn’t respond to him at one of the breaks. He referenced this in relation to how our players came out on sat.
Having said that, Ken shows no signs of taking any responsibility. He has let the media blast his players while he’s sat quietly in the background.
That would be 1994 GF v WCE loss by 80pts.

He was quitting anyway, but this made it easier to deliver the message. Earlier this year he said to Whateley, first time ever he went public with it, he decided to quit at thr end of the season after he was booed by Geelong supporters at Kardinia Park. St Kilda kicked 7 unanswered goals in the 3rd quarter but Geelong still won by a few points.

I posted the story in the current sack Hinkley thread suggesting we boo Hinkley to get rid of him. Think its page 147 as I was looking at it on Sunday

To give Malcom (sic) his due, he probably decided to quit after being booed, but the GF result just locked in, that it was time to go because he couldn't get thru to the players if he had failed 3 times.

That would be 1994 GF v WCE loss by 80pts.

He was quitting anyway, but this made it easier to deliver the message. Earlier this year he said to Whateley, first time ever he went public with it, he decided to quit at thr end of the season after he was booed by Geelong supporters at Kardinia Park. St Kilda kicked 7 unanswered goals in the 3rd quarter but Geelong still won by a few points.

I posted the story in the current sack Hinkley thread suggesting we boo Hinkley to get rid of him. Think its page 147 as I was looking at it on Sunday

To give Malcom (sic) his due, he probably decided to quit after being booed, but the GF result just locked in, that it was time to go because he couldn't get thru to the players if he had failed 3 times.

The messiah eh ?

Just got lucky a few years later

The messiah eh ?

He laid the groundwork when he pissed off the old boy's network that undermined the previous coaches and backed the next generation of young players.

His gameplan was simple and transferable and stood up remarkably in finals.

Their home and away seasons were nothing spectacular and the finals make up in 98 saved their bacon.

Their fitness program was the envy of the league and caused a few mutterings.

He was lucky in some ways, but he also made changes that set up those two flags.

And he was a hard bastard, which is why he burned out so quickly as their coach.

The messiah eh ?

Well he is Adelaide's messiah because no one else will ever be able to deal with their dopey expectations and entitled sanfl thinking for another 30 years to produce a flag. Remember denying Port is more important than winning themselves.

You need luck to win flag but no flag is a lucky flag, especially if you go back to back.

Geelong had s**t timing. They almost beat Hawthorn side who produced a dominate decade and will probably end up with 10 Hall of Famers from those sides, then had to play basically a WA state side after those zone concessions they were given in 1988-91 after disgraceful concessons in 1986, and the Ayres' Geelong had to beat Carlton, the first team to have a 20-2 season.

Maybe the footy gods just evened things out and made it easier for Blight the second time round.

His gameplan was simple and transferable and stood up remarkably in finals.

His uncanny ability to learn on the fly is something I wish our coach had.

He’d seen his vaunted forward line obliterated by West Coast’s GOAT-defence in 92 & 94, as Gary Ablett Senior was blanketed twice on the big day (and again by Silvagni under Ayres in 95).

He loses Modra to injury in the 97 Prelim, then falls out with him after the 98 QF defeat, and doesn’t bat an eyelid, extracting a combined 34 goals on Grand Final day from the most rag-tag bunch of names ever assembled: Only Darren Jarman could’ve been considered anything approaching a focal point, and he was a slow, short, old, flanker-mid who got by largely on guile and outrageous on-ball skill.

All we get is lamentations, bafflement and “gotta work harder”.

Well he is Adelaide's messiah because no one else will ever be able to deal with their dopey expectations and entitled sanfl thinking for another 30 years to produce a flag. Remember denying Port is more important than winning themselves.
If Blight had arrived there 2 years earlier or later they'd have no flags. Adelaide's periods of success (defining here as making finals) are with one exception after ours, due to fear of us. Their flags were in fear of us taking over from them as no. 1 club in the state upon entry. Until then they'd been happy to be talented, but soft, often losing away, but mostly winning at home, so the customers could blame it all on those evil Vics. Fear of their status as sporting gods in the state had them willing to temporarily do the hard yards. Blight was to a degree in the right place and right time.

Adelaide's next run of success is 2005-2009. Post our flag and across to after our second GF. By 2010 we were obviously s**t and they didn't have that motivation to drive them. We were then beloved of the AFL 2013 and especially 2014. This had them up 2015 - 2017. The camp obviously has thrown the usual run of things out, or they'd be knuckling down hard in 2022/2023 and likely in the 8. The one solitary year since we've entered the AFL you could argue wasn't due to us is 2012 and that was a one off between years outside the 8.

lol did these two lose a bet and have to have unflattering pictures posted?

View attachment 1237431
EIjdC5g.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daisy looks like a bald person wearing a wig except she's wearing it for the first time and fitted it 2 inches further back than it should be
I am a member of the homo foreheadus race. I know what you mean…

FMD - Fox Footy and Kayo are going to be showing an eight part doco on Essington: ‘The Bombers: Stories of a great club’. I suppose people were saying at the time that the Supplements Saga would make for a great new Underbelly season...

FMD - Fox Footy and Kayo are going to be showing an eight part doco on Essington: ‘The Bombers: Stories of a great club’. I suppose people were saying at the time that the Supplements Saga would make for a great new Underbelly season...

That's the best title they could come up with??? Imagine slaving away for months on a doco series, doing research and interviews and trawling through old newspaper articles, meticulously editing it all together so it forms a cohesive narrative then shitting out that title in 30 seconds at the end.

With that title, I'm guessing the series only covers the 20th century.

lol did these two lose a bet and have to have unflattering pictures posted?

View attachment 1237431
Double standards much? You didn't mention anything about the pic of Taylor and Brayshaw above. Daisy Pearce just won the best opinion/analysis award don't think there's a swimsuit or catwalk section in the judging. Who cares what her or Nat Edwards look like. I'd listen to Daisy's commentary before half of the buffoons who still can't tell the difference between Leinert and SPP or Butters and Rozee.

Have we finally got rid of Channel 7 as a partner? I don't see them in the sponsors area.

Surprised we are not with SEN also after all the interviews we do there.

Lol - still got 5aark, although I suspect that's just them hiring that room next to the players area that they let a couple of lucky listeners into for our (and Camrys) home games.

hes-not-the-messiah-hes-just-a-very-naughty-boy.jpg

The Bombers: Stories of a club that can't read good and who wanna learn to do other stuff good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back