Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this on Footy Classified last night and it still makes no sense. Port should harden up because they didn't like criticism of the finals loss?

Who at Port has shied away from how appalling the effort was? Certainly not Chris Davies or Matthew Richardson or any players. Even Hinkley admitted it was terrible.

The only people I've heard complaining are Hinkley cheer leaders in the media who didn't like the blasting he copped.

It was such a tangential discussion it gave me a headache trying to work out what was the problem.

I saw this on Footy Classified last night and it still makes no sense. Port should harden up because they didn't like criticism of the finals loss?

Who at Port has shied away from how appalling the effort was? Certainly not Chris Davies or Matthew Richardson or any players. Even Hinkley admitted it was terrible.

The only people I've heard complaining are Hinkley cheer leaders in the media who didn't like the blasting he copped.

It was such a tangential discussion it gave me a headache trying to work out what was the problem.

Carro was apparently approached by people inside port (assuming it was ken) upset at warren and kane's comments about ken.

In my opinion, sounds like ken doesn't like being criticized for dishing up his worst ever effort in charge of his best ever team.

Et tu, Kornes?

Carro was apparently approached by people inside port (assuming it was ken) upset at warren and kane's comments about ken.

In my opinion, sounds like ken doesn't like being criticized for dishing up his worst ever effort in charge of his best ever team.

Caro is one of Hinkley's biggest fans. She did the old George Negus to Maggie Thatcher "People say you're pig-headed" routine.

Ken is probably the one who didn't like it.

The only people I've heard getting antsy are Whateley, Caro and cRowie.

Et tu, Kornes?

Even Kane called out the performance and admitted he's been one of Ken's biggest supporters.

So he really does have some self-awareness.

I think you will find it all happens behind the scenes.

Port media managers and administrators/coaches contacting journos behind the scenes to whinge.

Its a timing thing rehashed in a new bye week. Just finished a post about it in the Hinkley thread.

If there was no bye, it would have been buried.

Do we seriously have all these people jumping around getting offended and contacting journos to relay that they’re being unfairly scrutinised? Do we really?
Not all of them would be on the phone. Probably Norts is. CD would get hassled but he probably says piss off to most, if not all. Hinkley has media mates, they communicate. Hinkley has a manager who is ex sports journo and ex Lions and Broncos media manager type.

Also Rucci is on the payroll. He talks plenty.

Even Kane called out the performance and admitted he's been one of Ken's biggest supporters.

So he really does have some self-awareness.

Kane still did the old "he shouldn't be sacked now and nor should he, but he'll be under extreme pressure in 2022"

Don't be surprised if he completely changes his tune next year.

Not all of them would be on the phone. Probably Norts is. CD would get hassled but he probably says piss off to most, if not all. Hinkley has media mates, they communicate. Hinkley has a manager who is ex sports journo and ex Lions and Broncos media manager type.

Also Rucci is on the payroll. He talks plenty.
Yeah, but it peeves me off that Caro's supposed "source" - Probably one twit from the club ... 'Looking at you Rucci!' ... suddenly has headlines that label the entire "Port Adelaide" club as whiners!

Caro's sources have proven to be pretty dubious over the last 12 months too. She has been smashed for relaying fake news as fact a couple of times this year. Really good that Cornes played the clip of CD slamming the team's prelim effort, but he could have gone further IMO.

Yeah, but it peeves me off that Caro's supposed "source" - Probably one twit from the club ... 'Looking at you Rucci!' ... suddenly has headlines that label the entire "Port Adelaide" club as whiners!

Caro's sources have proven to be pretty dubious over the last 12 months too. She has been smashed for relaying fake news as fact a couple of times this year. Really good that Cornes played the clip of CD slamming the team's prelim effort, but he could have gone further IMO.
I call Caro Gossip Girl for a reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harsh. She has to somehow put bread on the table for her starving children.
Gossip Girl rolls off the tongue easier than Gossip Boy, and most of the boys dont try and play the morals officer of the league like Caro does.

Footy is a gossip industry.

I'm glad we are.

The more external pressure the better.

Has she? She got smashed for about a week for reporting that Clarkson was out, labelled as a lier by Sam Mitchell, by Jeff Kennet etc, only to be proven 100% right.

I think you will find it all happens behind the scenes.

Port media managers and administrators/coaches contacting journos behind the scenes to whinge.
Can't we redirect these people to complaining to AFL House about the umpiring and MRP reaming we get on a regular basis instead?

C4 said awhile ago on the Carlton board IIRC that someone on our board (Kockhead by the sounds of it) leaks s**t to Caro on a regular basis and the other board members have asked this person to stop numerous times to no avail.

Lol Advertiser never change
View attachment 1242596
Oh FFS. Hately was a bust this season and it will be exceedingly funny if the same happens with Dawson. Hope he enjoys playing for a mediocre franchise 🙄

On a side note, who actually buys the advertiser or pays for a subscription unless they are a boomer? I live with the hope that it will go the way of the news and messenger one day and just cease to exist!

C4 said awhile ago on the Carlton board IIRC that someone on our board (Kockhead by the sounds of it) leaks sh*t to Caro on a regular basis and the other board members have asked this person to stop numerous times to no avail.
She works on Eddie's show on Channel 9, and your guess for the leak is the Channel 7 celebrity? Not the CEO of the company that produces said Channel 9 show.

She works on Eddie's show on Channel 9, and your guess for the leak is the Channel 7 celebrity? Not the CEO of the company that produces said Channel 9 show.

I'm not guessing here. C4 said this months ago and considering his track record on news for us I'm not going to dismiss what he says straight off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back