Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believing that a football forum full of random people (who mostly haven't met each other in real life or even know each other's real names) have somehow formed a conspiracy to gang up on you and unfairly tell you your takes are s**t for some unknown nefarious reason is evidently more palatable for certain people to believe than applying Occam's Razor and realising that their takes are just genuinely s**t.
What I have seen over the years is a bully mentality on this Port forum. Some of you have become like a pack of dogs attacking your victim. Half the dogs dont even know why they are doing it. Others are piling in, so they come in for the attack too. We know that many have been driven away from here because of this.

You see Shultszenfest, you are a classic example. I posted a very accurate post earlier today. It wasnt a sh*t take, it had facts and figures. But the dogs attacked, and sometime later, unbidden, you joined the pack like a stray dog wanting his share.

Nice one!

LOL ... So the clique gang up on anyone who dares to disagree, or post anything logical. You lot never disappoint
Keep it up Tibbsy ole pal o’ mine from the 1800s.

(signed) Crockett

Alias Davy

I can never workout who is and who isn’t in the clique. Is there sometimes infighting?
Speaking as someone who is IN the clique … which has a minimum age of 90 … I’ve forgotten what I wuz gonna say.

If you post a lot and don’t get called out, you’re the clique but if you post a lot and you get called out delivering s**t takes (determined by the clique) you’re not the clique?
I wouldn‘t want to be a member of any clique that would have such low standards to have me as a member.

Lived up here for 10 years now, and loved every second of it. But, we are moving to Melbourne in December, so pray for me!
Had friends who moved to Brisbane from Adelaide with work. Spent 6 years there, then got transferred to Melbourne for 3 years. They loved Brisbane, Melbourne not so much. If they didn't have family in Adelaide they would have been quite happy to end up in Brisbane.

Funny aside, especially for someone like me who loves a good word play, the meaning of your user name only dawned on me yesterday. I’m ashamed and embarrassed that it took this long.
I'm glad you posted that. I never got it either until I just read your post.

It could just be you are a touch sensitive when people disagree with you Tibbs ..

My Facebook burner was recently given a 24-hour holiday for addressing someone who’d called me a ‘fascist’, as “you potato”.

Apparently that’s online bullying these days, so this is absolutely brutal stuff being doled out here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SIXT in Australia is owned by NRMA, which is part of IAG, one of the country's largest companies.
They are in partnership / franchise agreement with NRMA. They have been in Oz since 2005 with smaller partnerships.

NRMA are not part of IAG. NRMA demutualised in 2000. It was a bit of a s**t fight splitting it up. Being elected to the NRMA board, the election process was almost as big as state election in NSW. Probably still is. When I moved to Sydney in the early 90's I was a bit shocked by the intensity of their board elections. The RAA board elections were never like this.

The insurance arm had grown so big and profitable that the executives saw big profits in spinning off the insurance arm. Demutalisation became a big thing in the 90's. Plus the celebrity / community types that were elected to the board, struggled to understand the complexities of the insurance business. They grew from doing car insurance to across the board international insurances.

They split insurance away from the motor assistance arm staying a mutual organisation and left them with a chunk of assets such as tourism properties, and were given a chunk of shares in the newly ASX listed NRMA Insurance Group Limited. It changed its name to Insurance Australia Group 2 or 3 years later.

There used to be discounted insurance deals between NRMA members and IAG, but I think that ended many years ago.

EDIT NRMA members still get discounts on NRMA Insurance and quite substantial for long term members. NRMA use mynrma in their URL and IAG re registered NRMA Insurance in 2003 and their URL is nrma.com.au.

In March 2003 IAG registered NRMA Insurance business name in several states and incorporated several companies including

N.R.M.A. INSURANCE LTD
NRMA INSURANCE LIMITED
NRMA INSURANCE INTERNATIONAL PTY LIMITED
NRMA INSURANCE GROUP LIMITED

At bottom of NRMA Insurance home page it says NRMA Insurance - Quotes for Car, Home, Life, Business & Travel Insurance

Insurance (except Travel sold in NSW, QLD, ACT, and TAS, Life and Income Protection) issued by Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 11 000 016 722, trading as NRMA Insurance. NRMA Insurance is part of the Insurance Australia Group. .............

* National Roads and Motorists' Association Limited, ABN 77 000 010 506, trading as NRMA, is a separate and independent company from Insurance Australia Limited, ABN 11 000 016 722, trading as NRMA Insurance. “NRMA” provides Membership, the “my nrma app” and other services.

NRMA members discount on NRMA Insurance

xsell-insurance-table-accordian.jpg

Last edited:
I too don't believe there is any clique and I suspect most of us wouldn't know who the vast majority of other posters were if we tripped over them in the street.

I have met about a dozen regulars over the years and all of them good blokes, but in my opinion NOT one of them is what many would probably expect them to be from the impression they give from their Big Footy persona, which to me is just humans being human.

I will back Tibbs on one thing though, some of the differences of opinion between a few can at times get very personal and if they were made face to face in the front bar of a hotel there is a strong chance the end result would have been a punch up in the car park.

I too don't believe there is any clique and I suspect most of us wouldn't know who the vast majority of other posters were if we tripped over them in the street.
This is just what the clique wants you to think!

Make no mistake, they are gathering nightly to discuss how to further their grip of control on the forum.

This is just what the clique wants you to think!

Make no mistake, they are gathering nightly to discuss how to further their grip of control on the forum.

I have met about a dozen regulars over the years and all of them good blokes, but in my opinion NOT one of them is what many would probably expect them to be from the impression they give from their Big Footy persona, which to me is just humans being human.

I will back Tibbs on one thing though, some of the differences of opinion between a few can at times get very personal and if they were made face to face in the front bar of a hotel there is a strong chance the end result would have been a punch up in the car park.

I can confirm that I don't wear a chamber pot on my head to court appearances in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back